Spoiler for season 2 ep 4:
Hahaha.

Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 08:37   Link #442
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That's some nasty voodoo!

And Tyrion is so friggin awesome. Every-single-scene. Awesome.

As for Joffrey... his head is going on a pike by the end of the series. At least, it better.
Old 2012-04-23, 08:43   Link #443
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Hahaha.

Spoiler for reply:
Old 2012-04-23, 11:17   Link #444
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
It seems that american cable channels are finally beginning to learn from hentai

Anyway, still devoting 5-10 minutes to several loosely related plot is very annoying, and if nothing else seems to me lazy work on the scriptwriters' part... this isn't a book, it's supposed to adapt the source for TV, not make a 1-1 copy with CG, tits, and blood

That aside, still it's the most interesting live series, since the original Torchwood as well as the now ancient Kingdom and Twin Peaks

By the way, I was wondering whether Tyrion is popular because he "tortures" Cercei and Joffrey (I hope spelling is correct)... otherwise he is a manipulative and amoral bastard with a serious case of inferiority complex

EDIT: About that very clean and stylized childbirth, Samael (the swiss band), when they were still composing black metal had the most fitting lyrics...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Earth, 1994 Ceremony of Opposites
Bulged tummy woman
Deformed body woman
From your filthy womb
It's death to whom you give birth

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-04-23 at 11:24. Reason: reference ;)
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 16:16   Link #445
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

I think the main thing the tv adaption of thrones is doing is how well they are making Joffrey so hateful. He REALLY is such a bastard. Peter Dinklage is just fantastic every episode.
Old 2012-04-23, 22:36   Link #446
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

what the crap was that ending?!

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 01:02   Link #447
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Hahaha.

Actually it was Tyrion who was responsible for giving Cat Ned's remains, not Littlefinger, and it's not intended as some kind of threat or insult. Returning Ned's remains was a very real gesture of good faith on his part - such things are quite important to people, even now, but certainly in a world like Westeros.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 04:23   Link #448
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
what the crap was that ending?!
clearly you haven't read the books and there fore you are in for a treat in the next episode when you realise what that ending was all about

Last edited by Kizoku Keenan; 2012-04-24 at 09:18.
Kizoku Keenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 08:58   Link #449
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
clearly you haven't read the books and there fore you are in for a treat in the next episode when you see realise what that ending was all about
nope. read the first book, but haven't had time to pick up the rest. so it was quite the shocker...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 09:19   Link #450
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
nope. read the first book, but haven't had time to pick up the rest. so it was quite the shocker...
The 2nd book clash of kings did get a lot more supernatural which understandable with the whole myth that with the return of dragons comes the return of magic & wonder. The next episode should be a blast
Old 2012-04-24, 11:26   Link #451
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Actually it was Tyrion who was responsible for giving Cat Ned's remains, not Littlefinger, and it's not intended as some kind of threat or insult. Returning Ned's remains was a very real gesture of good faith on his part - such things are quite important to people, even now, but certainly in a world like Westeros.
It was a good gesture. Tyrion is a great character. I am curious to see what he does later on, in regards to whose side he chooses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
The 2nd book clash of kings did get a lot more supernatural which understandable with the whole myth that with the return of dragons comes the return of magic & wonder. The next episode should be a blast
*LALALALALALA*
Old 2012-04-24, 11:40   Link #452
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It was a good gesture. Tyrion is a great character. I am curious to see what he does later on, in regards to whose side he chooses.
It's never easy to categorize what Tyrion does, because he's an extremely complex man. There's no question that sending Ned's remains back to Cat was a smart strategic move and he would have done it for that reason alone - it might help him achieve his goals (the release of Jaimie, for starters) while costing him little apart from one minor bargaining chip.

So the question is, would he have done it anyway, because it was "the right thing to do"? Tyrion is capable of this - cast your mind back to the moment when he wrote up designs for a saddle Bran could use to ride and gave them to Robb. He did this because he felt empathy for Bran, who he saw as a smart person who would be dismissed and derided for physical reasons. I think Tyrion "liked" Ned in his way, largely as one might like a faithful but not too bright dog - he appreciated that Ned was a rarity in Westeros politics, an honorable man.

I think the same questions can be asked about Tyrion's "rescue" of Sansa, which was both right and strategically smart. As ever, his motives are complicated and hard to puzzle out.
Old 2012-04-24, 13:54   Link #453
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Exactly. He could be surviving and not helping anyone else. For example, saving his brother get's his sister off his back but it could be because he loves his brother. As usual, time will tell since nothing is safe and stable in a series where
Spoiler for End of Season 1:
Old 2012-04-24, 14:17   Link #454
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

And I don't think it's a spoiler to say that Tyrion loves his brother, because that was obvious in season one. Largely it's because Jaimie was the only one in his family who ever treated him like a human being.
Old 2012-04-24, 16:10   Link #455
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
*LALALALALALA*
Eh? Something I said? =)
Old 2012-04-24, 16:32   Link #456
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

I´m curious how far Tyrion´s ruse went.

Was he just goading his sister in a scheme to reveal the traitor or he ultimately intends to marry his niece Myrcella to som noble´s kid so she´ll be safe if King´s Landing falls.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 11:34   Link #457
james0246

Interesting start so far. Very unevenly paced (which was a problem in the books as well (any series with this many characters will end up becoming badly paced, as everyone clamors for attention)), and some characters do not live up to my expectations (I'm mostly thinking of Davos, who is one of my favourite characters from the book; and while played quite well by Liam Cunningham, Davos is still a bit lacking (though the rest of the series and the next season can easily redeem him)), but overall, the first 4 episodes have been very solid.

The performances have been very good. Chief among them is, of course, Peter Dinklage (who thoroughly owns the character of Tyrion), but many newcomers are doing amazingly (Stephen Dillane as Stannis, Carice van Houten as Melisandre, and especially Gwendoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth), and several older characters have definitely improved over time (this is especially true of Sophie Turner's Sansa).

edit: One thing I greatly dislike is how they aged Lady Margaery Tyrell. Yes, it is unfeasible for a the character to be 15, but why they had to go with a 29 year old actress to play the part is beyond me (not that Natalie Dormer is not doing a good job, I just expected something very different.)

In regards to Episode 4,

-I liked that Jeyne Westerling (Robb's original squeeze from the novels) has been replaced with field-nurse Talisa (Oona Chaplin - the grand-daughter of Charlie Chaplin!). I was never a fan of the character Jeyne, so this adaptation is more than acceptable to me.

-The birth of the shadow being was quite terrifying. Equal only to the horror of Harrenhal.

-Daenerys finally got to do something interesting. For too long this plot been meandering around in the middle of nowhere (figuratively and literally). So, any advancement is appreciated. (The fact that the conversation with the 13 was so well done, with Emilia Clarke showing all the much needed naivety of her experience, was greatly appreciated.)

-Arya finally began her nightly prayer/litany. This was always one of my favourite traits of hers from the series. Additionally, Harrenhal is truly terrifying.

-I loved the conversation between Stannis and Davos. In fact, I loved every scene with Davos and Stannis in this episode.

-Joffery is still walking the fine line between cartoonish villainy and monster.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-04-25 at 11:59.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 16:46   Link #458
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm strongly of the belief that Gwendoline Christie is far, far too attractive for Brienne. But she's certainly big enough.

Like you I was wondering about Davos, who was one of my favorites from the book. But like you I thought the Stannis/Davos scenes this week were spot-on, which makes me wonder why you still think Davos' arc is lacking.
Old 2012-04-25, 17:36   Link #459
james0246

Quote:
I'm strongly of the belief that Gwendoline Christie is far, far too attractive for Brienne. But she's certainly big enough.
I'd tend to agree. But, this is only a slight change in physical appearance, so it is excusable for me.

To put it in perspective, the age the bump for all the characters is harder to swallow than a slightly prettier Brienne (I guess I didn't imagine her as being quite as ugly as you have? And I guess I found Gwendoline Christie to be slightly more unattractive than you did ?). (Additionally, isn't Tyrion supposed to be far uglier (I've always thought Peter Dinklage had a certain rugged handsomeness about him that I never read into the character of Tyrion)?)

Quote:
Like you I was wondering about Davos, who was one of my favorites from the book. But like you I thought the Stannis/Davos scenes this week were spot-on, which makes me wonder why you still think Davos' arc is lacking.
My comments were more for all 4 episodes, rather than just Episode 4. So, while I may feel Davos has lacked significant definition so far, the character has certainly advanced in a manner I like.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 21:11   Link #460
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Her face is broad and coarse, with a nose that has been broken several times. Her mouth is too wide, with prominent and crooked teeth and lips so plump they seem swollen. Her hair is the color of dirty straw and her face is mottled with freckles.

Pretty unambiguous.

I don't disagree about the age bump, which I find hard to swallow as well. I just about did a spit-take when I saw Pod Payne.

Tags
game of thrones, hbo