AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-08-28, 06:38   Link #21
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

I bought this game a little out of the blue, and have been loving it so far. The series seems pretty wacky, a nice change of pace from the COD4 and GTAIV ive been playing.

The only thing im miffed at so far is that Pleinair isnt a playable character as far as I can tell. Thats just not fair.
Ayame_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 10:44   Link #22
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame_ View Post
I bought this game a little out of the blue, and have been loving it so far. The series seems pretty wacky, a nice change of pace from the COD4 and GTAIV ive been playing.

The only thing im miffed at so far is that Pleinair isnt a playable character as far as I can tell. Thats just not fair.
I heard that you can download it buy you have to pay
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 18:07   Link #23
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
I heard that you can download it buy you have to pay
Yeah but that is just kinda dumb, like, its not worth it, to pay for one character, they should give those kinds of things out for free, or at least it better be cheap. Might have to investigate that though, might as well, Pleinair is awesome, and yet again, continues my fascination with minor characters.
Ayame_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 00:00   Link #24
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Not for one character from what I heard. She's among the downloading content patch.
Old 2008-08-29, 00:06   Link #25
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Not for one character from what I heard. She's among the downloading content patch.
We don't hate to pay for it right???
Old 2008-08-29, 11:09   Link #26
Jaegerjaques

From what I understand, there is going to be a bonus stage that you can buy online. Through that bonus stage you can get Rozalin, Adell, Taro, Hanako, and...some other character. I haven't heard ANYTHING about Pleinair being a playable character. :\ While that would be kinda fun, especially if Same and Usagi were part of her specials, I doubt they'd make her a playable character. She's more of a silent mascot for NIS America than someone who would be a playable character.

As far as Disgaea 3 goes...I'm on the final chapter right now. The game's pretty cool and it's got okay voicework. Vic Mignogna does the voice of Mao[Crazy mad scientist demon] and Johnny Yong Bosch does the voice of Almaz[Hero wannabe]. Got some pretty good voice actors in there. Haven't really heard the Japanese voices but so far, so good. I've yet to see the ending but I'm stuck on a level because of some bastard wielding a shovel. ;\
Jaegerjaques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 21:50   Link #27
gabbytay
Banned

I hope they make Disgaea 4
Old 2008-08-29, 23:21   Link #28
Jaegerjaques

I, personally, wanna see a game where the main character is Laharl's father. ><
Jaegerjaques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 23:30   Link #29
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Seriously they couldn't they have at least updated the sprites? They look as bad as they did in the first game. It either has to come down to budget or the talent of these game designers for this shit.

And from a purely business stand point it makes no sense for this to be on PS3 unless Sony gave them gobs of money.

Gee a 140 million user base vs a 13-15 million user base (guessing, last stat I found was 12 mil as of may 08) wonder which one I'll pick...
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 01:12   Link #30
Jeiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaegerjaques View Post
From what I understand, there is going to be a bonus stage that you can buy online. Through that bonus stage you can get Rozalin, Adell, Taro, Hanako, and...some other character. I haven't heard ANYTHING about Pleinair being a playable character. :\ While that would be kinda fun, especially if Same and Usagi were part of her specials, I doubt they'd make her a playable character. She's more of a silent mascot for NIS America than someone who would be a playable character.
She's playable in the (not so great) DS port of the original Disgaea. Apparently Zetta is too, marking his first ever playable appearance, so as for them not including them in the third game, who knows...
Jeiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 08:52   Link #31
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
I hope they make Disgaea 4
You seriously doubt for even a second that they will?
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 19:39   Link #32
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Got a question:

All my googlefu and lore searching has turned up almost nothing on how long it is between all the games, I *think* three years passed between one and two but I can't be certain...

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 21:50   Link #33
Avisch
Reality Blender

Playing this aswell, loads of fun.
I had played Disgaea 1 before, but couldn't do well. This one I find to be more level-grind friendly.
Stuck on "Almaz the Hero" and the stage with the sprout enemies (LVL 32), need to grind more.

I have (In addition to plot characters. And the mage, fighter, fatalist, cleric, and prinny you get at the beginning) an Acolyte, Armor Knight, an Archer, a Female Fighter, and Heretic.

Though it's kind of annoying that you have a limit on characters on the field.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 22:49   Link #34
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I used to play this game alot. I have about 6-7 characters at level 1500+. I could make them higher if I really wanted to. My main crew is female Ninja(With the Big Bang attack=uber), Magic Knight(All sword attacks), Mao(All sword attacks), Thief(All gun attacks), Special character with her own unique gun moves(forgot her name), Laharl and Etna. All my characters have insane weapons(like 100 professionals= critical rate 100%) and my custom characters are all on the highest form for their character type.

I played this game alot when it came out to say the least. Didn't play online with people to often.
Old 2009-04-26, 16:54   Link #35
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin Ansem View Post
Got a question:

All my googlefu and lore searching has turned up almost nothing on how long it is between all the games, I *think* three years passed between one and two but I can't be certain...
Try the "Data" section on all games on GameFaqs.com

Disgaea 1 - August 2003
Disgaea 2 - August 2006
Disgaea 3 - August 2008

(all are US release dates)

...at this rate we might see Disgaea 4 in August 2010 or 2011.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 21:06   Link #36
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
I mean in game time. Like the story of D3 taking place how many years after D2...

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 04:14   Link #37
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I mean in game time. Like the story of D3 taking place how many years after D2...
It's hard to know about this...but perhaps it is before Disgaea 2. The scene where Mao and Raspberyl came to Disgaea 1 universe in Disgaea Infinite seems to imply that the event took place before chapter 1 of Disgaea 3. And because Infinite took place before Disgaea 2, perhaps the event in Disgaea 3 happens after Disgaea 2 (looking at the fact that Etna is among Laharl's vassal) .....

oh what the hell It seems I'm late to join the party. I just got the game today, and I'm pretty excited with Geo Block system. No more boring repetiting Geo panels now

I heard rumours that the NIS is making Disgaea 4 at the moment and will announce it soon. Got it from gamefaqs though, so I don't know whether it's true or not...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 11:37   Link #38
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Based on the DLC I'd say it takes place after D2, or at least during, since Adell and Rozalin are being tsundere for each other.
Old 2010-06-15, 13:44   Link #39
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I would play more Disagaea if it wasn't for the fanatical fanbase. They pretty much ruined my mood for this. Besides NISA favoritism towards Disgaea games are rather... obvious. I'd like to see a game that come out that isn't related to Disgaea or Makai Kingdom.

I liked the game somewhat, the rest was forementioned. I'd love to see more JRPGs reach the American or European shores... But so far I'm doubting it.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 06:45   Link #40
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Try to play Soul Nomad... it doesn't have some 'direct' connection with Disgaea, but it contains some camoe of it. There is 'Laharl' inside, but only his voice (more like a parody)....and the only character that shows up as a cameo is Asagi. The gameplay is a little bit different than Disgaea and Makai type of things, though it still contains J-RPG tactic gameplay.

btw, the main character is the one in my ava

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote