AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 52 40.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 31.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 7.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.55%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-02, 07:13   Link #241
Zhaozhou

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Anyway, I've heard some mention of rain... What? Rain in a space colony?
Technically they did it even in Macross 7.
Quote:
Hm, how would they do it?
Don't you remember when Sheryl and Alto were looking down on the city in episode 5? The bubble that envolves the colony is crossed by a net of structures, which aside from their touristic attractions are also likely to help regulate the environment in various way.
Old 2008-08-02, 07:17   Link #242
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

It's rather wasteful though since they've lost a lot in the Vajra attack.
Old 2008-08-02, 07:21   Link #243
ReddyRedWolf

They do need rain. Remember Frontier is a bio plant or a organic friendly biosphere.

Plants need water for photosynthesis.
Old 2008-08-02, 07:29   Link #244
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Rock?

Folk Oldie

omg lol

loved the macross 7 throwback songs

we need basara cameo in person NOW XD
Old 2008-08-02, 07:35   Link #245
.Mero

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolycooly7777 View Post
Rock?

Folk Oldie

omg lol

loved the macross 7 throwback songs

we need basara cameo in person NOW XD
no we don't. ok maybe if it shows him in a coffin, 6 ft under
Old 2008-08-02, 07:51   Link #246
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

guys your getting it all wrong

we need freaking like sheryl to sing Dynamite explosion

that would be sick

edit: but yeah they said that only singing will work....and we saw what that did in M7

i didnt like M7 but cmon that was ballin at the end

bring out the speaker pods and anima spiritia
Old 2008-08-02, 07:53   Link #247
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

OK, I'm terrible with signals, so I need a translation. When a girl invites a guy to her room, says her family is gone at the first occasion, and tells the boy she trusts him, but tells him she didn't invite him for anything weird, is she coming on to him, or not?

Also, what kind of idiot is Ozma? I can, sort of, understand him not wanting to run from the battle. But shouldn't he have called for medics as soon as it was over?

I'd also like to know two things:
- why is the bridge of Quarter less well defended than a single VF?
- why are knives supposedly better than bullets?

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2008-08-02 at 08:08.
Old 2008-08-02, 07:55   Link #248
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
OK, I'm terrible with signals, so I need a translation. When a girl invite a guy to her room, says her family is gone at the first occasion, and tells the boy she trusts him, but tells him she didn't invite him for anything weird, is she coming on to him, or not?

Also, what kind of idiot is Ozma? I can, sort of, understand him not wanting to run from the battle. But shouldn't he have called for medics as soon as it was over?

- why is the bridge of Quarter less well defended than a sing VF?
Affirmative
Old 2008-08-02, 08:01   Link #249
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolycooly7777 View Post
guys your getting it all wrong

we need freaking like sheryl to sing Dynamite explosion

that would be sick

edit: but yeah they said that only singing will work....and we saw what that did in M7

i didnt like M7 but cmon that was ballin at the end

bring out the speaker pods and anima spiritia
"Its a New Frontier"? Basara sang that one to space folding Whales.
Old 2008-08-02, 08:06   Link #250
.Mero

Quote:
OK, I'm terrible with signals, so I need a translation. When a girl invites a guy to her room, says her family is gone at the first occasion, and tells the boy she trusts him, but tells him she didn't invite him for anything weird, is she coming on to him, or not?

- why is the bridge of Quarter less well defended than a sing VF?
1. Fan tease, Ozma's crew looking into cockpit => Ozma bleeding/unconsious at concert => Pineapple deja vu / fanservice :+

2. Bridges are never that wel defended as far as i can recall.

3. Law of science, when hi tech weapons fail, resort to primitive weapons like knives and fists
Old 2008-08-02, 08:32   Link #251
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Hah! ive just finished watching ep 17. Damn! I knew it was a trap episode, title misleads people (still Ozma dying is close enough to be cliche) .
I really thought Ozma is done for . Lotsa pineapple refferrences, the producers must be rofling at us right now. lotsa Basara BGM's. This episode might just be a tribute to Roy Focker.
And so now as i have seen, it has been proven that skull leaders crave pineapple before going to die. Lucky for Ozma, Cathy is pretty attentive and keen enough to see his blood inspite of the darkness in the concert hall.

as for the Vajras, they're now immune to reaction weapons and gatling guns even after just shedding their skin, it reminds me of sigourney weavers alien.

btw Grace gains another +creepiness points for me in this episode.
Old 2008-08-02, 08:34   Link #252
magnuskn

Quote:
I think not. If sheŽd tried to come on to him, she would have taken any kind of action when he was right there, alone with her.

Quote:
He promised his sister to be there for her concert. If heŽd gotten medical attention, theyŽd likely have carted him off to the hospital instead.
Old 2008-08-02, 08:40   Link #253
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
- why is the bridge of Quarter less well defended than a single VF?
1. We don't know. I am pretty sure the bridge had some sort of barrier system. Besides, the captain was pretty calm at that point, expressing an I don't give a shit attitude. Ozma just suddenly pulled a Mwu and it was surprising to the bridge bunnies as well as Kathy, who btw, has been translating libido to anger as of late. Oh, and where the hell is Bobby, he wasn't even on the bridge.

2. Same reason why kevlar suits can stop bullets at a considerable range, but not a dedicated thrust of cold steel up close.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2008-08-02 at 08:53.
Old 2008-08-02, 08:43   Link #254
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post
btw Grace gains another +creepiness points for me in this episode.
Indeed. Occasionally controlling a male body's fine. But just switching from male to female in mid-sentence? Now my libido's all confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I think not. If sheŽd tried to come on to him, she would have taken any kind of action when he was right there, alone with her.
Maybe she wanted Alto to take the initiative?

Quote:
He promised his sister to be there for her concert. If heŽd gotten medical attention, theyŽd likely have carted him off to the hospital instead.
Yeah, 'cause she'd totally have preferred his death to his missing her concert.
Old 2008-08-02, 08:47   Link #255
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
1. Oh, and where the hell is Bobby, he wasn't even on the bridge.
Yeah ive just noticed it too. I think bobby might ruin the mood at that moment . He would be like kyaaa!!! screeming with the bridge bunnies and then be blushing olluva sudden after Ozma's grandstanding move and speach .
Old 2008-08-02, 08:49   Link #256
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:

Meh, Ozma is da man, or somesuch.

Its somewhat understandable. If Ozma wasn't there, there was no way in hell Ranka would be able to perform, and the concert would go in smokes again. Him being there allowed a successful concert, despite his own injuries. Wow... thats love man *sniff* and sacrifice *sniff*

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-02, 08:52   Link #257
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Would she have even known he was absent?
Old 2008-08-02, 08:54   Link #258
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
That's what I'm thinking and Alto's thoughts were nothing like that. They really have a lot of work to do to make any ending work out of the 2 girls atm. Honestly it feels to me like they are setting up a for a second season. If it's just 25 episodes... and considering what relationship seems to be the focus for the next 3 episodes... what lines from the promo haven't been said.. well I'll type up a bigger post in the speculation thread...

Quote:
Oh, and where the hell is Bobby, he wasn't even on the bridge.

- Tak
Bobby was about to gattai into GARBY and teleport to outside the bridge and swat away that pathetic varja's attack but his man crush Ozma got their first!
Old 2008-08-02, 08:54   Link #259
magnuskn

Quote:
Well, then telling him "DonŽt get any strange ideas" surely was the best way to make him comfortable to that just that?

Seriously, no romantic vibes whatsoever this time around. Thank God.

Quote:
Hey, it would have been incredibly emotional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post
Yeah ive just noticed it too. I think bobby might ruin the mood at that moment . He would be like kyaaa!!! screeming with the bridge bunnies and then be blushing olluva sudden after Ozma's grandstanding move and speach .
Um.... he was right there. IŽve rewatched the scene often enough to have remembered that.
Old 2008-08-02, 08:57   Link #260
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
1. We don't know. I am pretty sure the bridge had some sort of barrier system. Besides, the captain was pretty calm at that point, expressing an I don't give a shit attitude. Ozma just suddenly pulled a Mwu and it was surprising to the bridge bunnies as well as Kathy, who btw, has been translating libido to anger as of late. Oh, and where the hell is Bobby, he wasn't even on the bridge.

2. Same reason why kevlar suits can stop bullets at a considerable range, but not a dedicated thrust of cold steel up close.

- Tak
You got that right, Tak.

1. Bobby wasn't there? That explains why the Quarter didn't transform and just squash the Vajra like it was some annoying mosquito.

2. Besides, it was only Ozma back at ep 2 that successfully did a knife attack on them. So the Vajra hasn't developed immunity for that. And Ozma actually used the Vajra's limb to finish it off. Kinda hard to defend yourself against your own armor.

I'd be worried that the Macross Cannon won't work anymore. Now what?

On another note, it might be just reuse of footage, but the cannon fodder Vajra still got destroyed by the Reaction weapons, and only the Red ones had immunity.
Closed Thread