Old 2006-10-14, 15:34   Link #21
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit View Post
I think this is what you've been looking for

Shingetsutan Tsukihime TV:

He didn't know he had special talent. Then whoop ass all demons!
Yeah, but TV!Shiki is nothing compared to Game!Shiki - in the game, Shiki is way more badass than how he was portrayed in the anime. When in his 'demon-slayer' mode, he even starts goading and mocking the creatures before he slays them. The fight against Nero and his 666 beasts was quite a scene - and it's much more impressive in the manga, where it screams 'badass god'. Crazed Shiki standing on a mound made of shorn limbs and under a drizzle of spilt blood, enjoying the feel of freshly slain demons is awesome enough. The anime series didn't do a good rendition of the game IMO - heck, Shiki didn't even go murderous (because of his demon-slayer persona sleeping deep inside him) against Nero and the freshly turned vampires, while in the manga he snaps and reverts to his bloodthirsty personality.

Otherwise, there's always Hellsing...

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-10-14 at 15:45.
Old 2006-10-15, 08:15   Link #22
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Yeah, but TV!Shiki is nothing compared to Game!Shiki - in the game, Shiki is way more badass than how he was portrayed in the anime. When in his 'demon-slayer' mode, he even starts goading and mocking the creatures before he slays them. The fight against Nero and his 666 beasts was quite a scene - and it's much more impressive in the manga, where it screams 'badass god'. Crazed Shiki standing on a mound made of shorn limbs and under a drizzle of spilt blood, enjoying the feel of freshly slain demons is awesome enough. The anime series didn't do a good rendition of the game IMO - heck, Shiki didn't even go murderous (because of his demon-slayer persona sleeping deep inside him) against Nero and the freshly turned vampires, while in the manga he snaps and reverts to his bloodthirsty personality.

Otherwise, there's always Hellsing...
Hmm that does sound like an anime id check out. However i have watched Hellsing and Alucard doesn't turn from wimp to badass. He turns from a lot of badass to infinity of bad ass.

NOW the way Victoria changed in the manga might be what i am looking for. She went from panzy to bad ass pretty fast.

As i said i don't think there are many of this type of anime out there. Well then let me change it a bit. Is there a show that has a guy that discovers he has badass powers and he gets to show everybody, and maybe a girl who he hitches up with, and the focus on the story is kicking ass 50% and getting with the girl 50%? Something along those lines. Action and romance.

Really the best example i could give of a male in a story that would have had the PERFECT setting to do it is the guy in Ikkitousen. The blue hair guy that was protecting the girl. He wasn't a panzy nor was he showing off. He was never seen strong, BUT then if he come out to protect the girl and started whooping ass left and right that would have been a good example of what i am talking about.
Old 2006-10-15, 12:37   Link #23
Animeblue

I'm looking for the same of anmie Levski, the only thing that I found that was kind of close to that type anmie is Nadesico series and Vandread ?
Old 2006-10-15, 13:02   Link #24
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeblue View Post
I'm looking for the same of anmie Levski, the only thing that I found that was kind of close to that type anmie is Nadesico series and Vandread ?
i think so too...

What actually i think woild be cool is if happened in the way it happened in Fruits Basket or Bleach. When Ichigo leaped all the way to the classs's window or how the cat guy in Fruits Basket jumped out of the window on the second floor and everybody were like "HOLY SHIT".... something like that.

EDIT: Well something like in Final Approach. I mean she came in with a big bang in a sense. Maybe a new guy ransfers to class. Suddenly during lunch, right after school, or hell during class some ppl attack him or something happens and he just does some amazing shit and everybody is like "WOOOOAH" and then he story unfolds from there.

Last edited by Levski; 2006-10-15 at 14:25.
Old 2006-10-15, 16:40   Link #25
Mystical Lint
All Knowing Idiot

If you'd just wanted a badass guy for a main character Mars (Manga) really puts out.

But the tranformation from zero to hero deal... I keep thinking about Gantz.
For the first half the main guy (Kurono) and the other male protagonist (Kato) are just frustratingly wimpy/cowardly and waaay too hesitant with their actions. But in the latter half they come to grips with their situation and BOTH of them have their chances to drop everyone's jaw in each of the remaining espisodes.

Kurono does this much better of course.

Not to mention you could always go for the Gantz manga as well for even more badassedness.
Old 2006-10-15, 17:46   Link #26
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Lint View Post
If you'd just wanted a badass guy for a main character Mars (Manga) really puts out.

But the tranformation from zero to hero deal... I keep thinking about Gantz.
For the first half the main guy (Kurono) and the other male protagonist (Kato) are just frustratingly wimpy/cowardly and waaay too hesitant with their actions. But in the latter half they come to grips with their situation and BOTH of them have their chances to drop everyone's jaw in each of the remaining espisodes.

Kurono does this much better of course.

Not to mention you could always go for the Gantz manga as well for even more badassedness.

ahh that seems to kinda fit it...

now one that takes place in a high-school where a guy and girl fall for each other?

If there isn't one as what i asked for how about one where the new transfer student wins the heart of the queen of the class or visa versa.
Old 2006-10-15, 18:28   Link #27
mit7059

you could try Gundam SEED, it was okay, and it applies in the whole, "holy shit how did you do that" kinda thing.
Old 2006-10-15, 19:30   Link #28
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit7059 View Post
you could try Gundam SEED, it was okay, and it applies in the whole, "holy shit how did you do that" kinda thing.
seen it

YOUTUBE was down DAMN IT... ok back to Maburaho
Old 2006-10-15, 19:44   Link #29
Mystical Lint
All Knowing Idiot

haha, ah, just thought of something.

Not sure how much it fits your criteria but DNA^2 is great... has a main character who is a cross between a helpless fool and a super-mega-playboy...
and the girl sent back to stop him (but not kill him!) doesn't know what to make of it.

Mind you, the men hate him cause he can get pretty much whatever he wants.

But there's no fight scenes per se
Old 2006-10-17, 13:06   Link #30
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
There's Kage Kora Momoru where his outward appearance is wimp city
but he's actually a ninja who is protecting his next door neighbors'
daughter (who later falls in love with him).

And yeah, Harima Kenji from School Rumble is the archetype
bad-ass motorcycle riding, gang fighting character but he's
not an idiot, he eventually is shown as a fairly smart guy too
but he has one weakness.
Old 2006-10-17, 15:28   Link #31
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
There's Kage Kora Momoru where his outward appearance is wimp city
but he's actually a ninja who is protecting his next door neighbors'
daughter (who later falls in love with him).

And yeah, Harima Kenji from School Rumble is the archetype
bad-ass motorcycle riding, gang fighting character but he's
not an idiot, he eventually is shown as a fairly smart guy too
but he has one weakness.
Tenma-chan?
Old 2006-10-17, 20:47   Link #32
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ aye thats true
want a kickass chara hmm....well ill suggest inukami...the main chara gets beaten and humiluated sometimes (by his partner) but when it comes down to in he definatly kicks ass...especially at one of the recent bosses
tenjou tenge also have lots of kick ass chara but im afraid its a disappointing end...still its fun to watch and it has an extremely addictive Op

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-17, 20:54   Link #33
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ aye thats true
want a kickass chara hmm....well ill suggest inukami...the main chara gets beaten and humiluated sometimes (by his partner) but when it comes down to in he definatly kicks ass...especially at one of the recent bosses
tenjou tenge also have lots of kick ass chara but im afraid its a disappointing end...still its fun to watch and it has an extremely addictive Op
I am watching that right now.
Old 2006-10-18, 20:06   Link #34
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Dragonball Z - the main char is the strongest "man" on the planet.....but turns out to be the strongest being in both the Universe and Otherworld by the end of the series. However he is very childish and wouldn't hurt a fly, but when they deserve it he'll kick the shit out of them, kill them w/e
Old 2006-10-18, 20:52   Link #35
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei View Post
Dragonball Z - the main char is the strongest "man" on the planet.....but turns out to be the strongest being in both the Universe and Otherworld by the end of the series. However he is very childish and wouldn't hurt a fly, but when they deserve it he'll kick the shit out of them, kill them w/e
Watched DBZ and i am sorry looking for more of a romance type where the main guy is more decisve and maybe starts kicking ass in the middle of the story.

Like animes:

Love Hina
DearS
SHUFFLE!
Tonagura!
and others

THOSE would be awsome if the guy changed from a wimp to a pimp..hahaha... I mean from a panzy to a confident dude, but hey it didn't happen. It doesn't have to be that type of anime, but a romance type. Like Harima is School Rumble was the shit, but the story is more of a comedy.

Anyways thx for suggestions. More are welcome.
Old 2006-10-18, 21:59   Link #36
Forever
Revealing the truth

You can try utawaremaro also. The main lead turns out to be some GODLY bad ass in the end.
Old 2006-10-19, 02:41   Link #37
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levski View Post
So no anime where the male character makes a COMPLETE 180 turn. I mean from totaly panzy to totaly asskick?
The best show I can think of where the main character makes a 180 turn like that is Juuni Kokki... of course, the main character there is female, not male, but if you really want to see something like that you might check it out. And, um, I guess Rakshun is kickass, although probably not in the way you're thinking of. Probably we would've gotten to see another male character make such a 180-degree turn if the show had kept going, although there's a limit to how badass he could become when his biology causes him to faint at the scent of blood...

A lot of people have named Ergo Proxy as a show where the main character changes a lot like that... but to be honest, I thought he was a more interesting character before, and didn't find his change to be especially believable.

Hey, it's not quite the same, but if you watch Infinite Ryvius you can see characters go from quiet, unassuming guys to brooding psychopaths! And the main character doesn't so much stop being a wimp as he does prove that being a wimp is preferable to being one of the psychopaths. But anyway, it's a good show...
Old 2006-10-20, 11:25   Link #38
Animeblue

Aquillion, I agree with on Infinite Ryvius although the ending left me unsatisfied
Old 2006-10-20, 14:53   Link #39
jayj713

Onizuka from GTO is pretty badass haha
Old 2006-10-20, 20:02   Link #40
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayj713 View Post
Onizuka from GTO is pretty badass haha
He is pathetic and badass, but he does both at once instead of going from one to the other.
Closed Thread