AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-11-28, 17:44   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1068 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

How's it going, folks? Hope you enjoyed this past weekend whether or not you celebrate Thanksgiving! And now we're back in business, fresh from a break! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for spoiler info, of course:

-Chapter title is "A Genius' Dream". In the ministory, as Judge and Caesar continue fighting, they reminisce of their days working together in MADS.

-Lucci questions Pythagoras about several incidents involving Cipher Pol ships sinking in the waters around Egghead. The Punk clone denies any involvement in those matters, insisting that the agents leave ASAP. That's when Lucci tells the other agent sto prepare to abandon ship, and orders the Kuma Seraphim (known as S-Bear) to teleport them into the island with his Nikyu Nikyu (paw) no Mi ability! The instant CP0 vanishes, their ship gets destroyed by a mechanized sea beast! Curiously, back at Kamabakka, the real Kuma activates his DF power as well, teleporting to parts unknown......

-Back at Egghead, Vegapunk reveals to Luffy's group that his dream is to find a free source of energy to share with everyone in the world..... which he concludes may be that same ancient energy source powering the ancient robot. Unfortunately, he's well aware that the WG will eliminate him for conducting taboo research, hence why he asked Luffy to take him out of Egghead. The young pirate agrees to help, and the scientist, overjoyed, says he'll go pack his things. He tells Luffy's group to meet him at the top floor of his lab, and to bring Bonney with them, before he departs.

-As CP0 warps into the island,, the lab's defense systems activate! Moreover, Shaka orders to have S-Snake, S-Hawk, and S-Shark released. He also gives command authority of them to, interestingly enough, Sentoumaru (it's not actually confirmed yet if he's on the island, though). As CP0 explores the island, it's revealed that Stussy is quite familiar with the place, interestingly enough. Suddenly, they get attacked by Vegapunk Atlas, but Lucci uses Roku Ougan (Six Kings Gun) on her, instantly destroying the Punk clone! Thankfully, she still seems to be alive, though. The chapter then ends with CP0 encountering Luffy's group....!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2022-11-29 at 14:31.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-28, 18:02   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the Seraphim's codenames follow the animal motif of the original Warlords. Still have no clue how CP0 is going to end up being a threat. Luffy and Jimbe are more than enough to take care of all of them, and there are the Seraphims to boot.
Old 2022-11-29, 05:51   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I'm looking forward for the reunion between Zoro and Kaku. Probably they would talk about how Galley-La is doing without them.

Probably we would see some interesting fight, since I want to see the combo of Haki + Tekkai from CP0.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-29, 14:33   Link #4
marvelB

Summary updated! Wasn't much to add, though. I gotta say the most interesting bit for me is the real Kuma suddenly warping out of Kamabakka. Where could be headed? Could it be he's making a beeline for Egghead in order to protect his little girl.....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-29, 19:03   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I guess Sentomaru will betray Vegapunk because that's the only way this arc will have any tension. Will be pretty dumb if Vegapunk doesn't have a master override for the Seraphims though.

And yes, of course Kuma's coming to Egghead.
Old 2022-11-30, 14:09   Link #6
The Small One

What I think is the most interessting thing, is that the Kuma Seraphim has the same DF powers. So we can probably assume the other Seraphim most likely also posess all tho powers of their originals…
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-30, 16:40   Link #7
electricmastro

I guess Vegapunk and Bonney are both going to leave with Luffy shortly after this for Elbaf, unless something comes up. Interested to see where this goes.
electricmastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-30, 23:51   Link #8
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What I think is the most interessting thing, is that the Kuma Seraphim has the same DF powers. So we can probably assume the other Seraphim most likely also posess all tho powers of their originals…
Makes me wonder if the Blackbeard Seraphim would possess the original’s powers and whether or not said Seraphim could upgrade to have any additional powers Blackbeard may have taken. 🤔
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-01, 15:42   Link #9
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I'm looking forward for the reunion between Zoro and Kaku. Probably they would talk about how Galley-La is doing without them.
I get the sinking feeling Zoro would also be asking what the hell happened to the rest of their fellows from CP9 since the others (Jabra, Blueno, Fukuro, Kumadori, and Kalifa) have been suspiciously absent since the cover story from before the time skip, which was also the last time any of them outside of Spandam was seen.
Makes you wonder how Kaku or Lucci would explain it.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-01, 18:47   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
I get the sinking feeling Zoro would also be asking what the hell happened to the rest of their fellows from CP9 since the others (Jabra, Blueno, Fukuro, Kumadori, and Kalifa) have been suspiciously absent since the cover story from before the time skip, which was also the last time any of them outside of Spandam was seen.
Why would Zoro care? It's not like they're friends. The others were probably reintegrated into CP9.
Old 2022-12-01, 19:03   Link #11
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I guess Sentomaru will betray Vegapunk because that's the only way this arc will have any tension. Will be pretty dumb if Vegapunk doesn't have a master override for the Seraphims though.
I think Sentomaru will betray Vegapunk too, but Vegapunk will predict that. He probably has a way to protect the giant brain of info. Other than that, he seems fine letting everything else get destroyed at this point
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-02, 00:52   Link #12
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
I'm curious about them as well. They could be assigned to other CP, unless Lucci appoints them to a certain position. What makes me curious is we didn't know who is the CO. CP9's CO was Spandam, but the Field Commander was Lucci.

Blueno did make an appearance at One Piece: Red, although it's non-canon. Now what was left is Fukuro, Kumadori, and Kalifa.

Zoro probably asks about it since it's a good way to remember the day when they first met and fighting at Enies Lobby. Probably Kaku makes a joke that he works at the zoo now, just like what Zoro says after beating Kaku.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-02, 02:17   Link #13
electricmastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

And yes, of course Kuma's coming to Egghead.
I don't think this arc is meant to have a particular amount of tension, after how Wano turned out, I figure Oda wants more of a breather arc before the crap really hits the fan with Blackbeard, Sakazuki, Im, etc.
electricmastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-02, 12:32   Link #14
Gerard07

Having seen the chapter, Vegapunk wants to get a healthy energy source for the world, CP0 arrived on the island (Stussy bothering Kaku was fun), Kuma's new robot can use his akuma no mi abilities (the other robots can also do it?) and the reunion of Luffy and Luccy, to wait for the next chapter.
Question, correct me if I'm wrong, but the newer Shichibukai (Kurohege, Law, Buggy and Weevil) are not a representative "animal" like the original Shichibukai, right?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-02, 19:30   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Question, correct me if I'm wrong, but the newer Shichibukai (Kurohege, Law, Buggy and Weevil) are not a representative "animal" like the original Shichibukai, right?.
Correct. Which is what leads me to believe only the original 7 were cloned. It must have taken a long time to create them, after all.
Old 2022-12-03, 10:36   Link #16
Theia_Loki

Wasn't Law and Blackbeard's animal motif the Snow Leopard and Hippo? It took a long time before those got revealed, even though it was subtly hinted at with Law.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-03, 13:38   Link #17
Kaz_

Since they somehow cloned every Warlord powers out there, I see no reason not to have some S-Monkey/S-Pheasent/S-Dog/S-Tiger/S-Bull in Navy’s new arsenal…which sounds really extreme lol. They already implanted Kizaru lasers on Pacifista anyway so probably wont take long before we see Seraphims using freezing touches and gravity traps.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-03, 19:32   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Wasn't Law and Blackbeard's animal motif the Snow Leopard and Hippo? It took a long time before those got revealed, even though it was subtly hinted at with Law.
First I've heard of it. And what would Buggy's motif be? Clownfish?

Nah, it's just going to be the original 7.
Old 2022-12-04, 11:51   Link #19
Hoodspirit

After searching for the source, this came up:
-----------------------------------------------------------
SBS Volume 76
"D: About Law, you know how, in his crew, there's "Penguin", "Bepo" and "Shachi"[Orca] ? So, would that make Law a "Spotted Seal"? I mean, just look at his hat... Please tell me!! P.N. I am a Walrus

O: I see (haha). They're all part of the ice-cold sea series, aren't they. I can see what you mean, that hat is kind of like a seal. Well then, it's official. Incidentally, for Mr. Toshio Asakuma's ONE PIECE Animal Figurine Collection, they chose a snow leopard to represent Law. Again, an animal that prefers the cold. "
(from one piece wiki)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Most likely doesn't matter, but this is old and there could be changes.

As for the meeting of Lucci and Luffy I'm hoping for a roflstomp handed out by the man who killed Kaido.
After the extremely lackluster reaction towards the defeat of 2 Yonko, this would at least a little satisfactory.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-04, 11:55   Link #20
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I think the seraphim will just be the original seven because unlike Teach and Law, they all have animals in their names. Teach and Law don’t. And it’d be a stretch to assume that Buggy and Weevil got one too even though both have an insect as their name, this being a huge stretch in the former’s case.