AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-12, 19:35   Link #601
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Good gameplay, but not as spectacular and innovative as DMC3 and DMC4.
Old 2012-04-12, 22:45   Link #602
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Looks like their sticking with the DMC3 opening XD getting dressed and kicking what ever's ass.
Man, don't compare, in DMC3 Dante put on the coat like a boss! The way they tried to work the maleservice in this trailer was juts... I felt like I was watching a lame scene from American Pie or Dissater Movie, honest.

As a comic creator, from a very honest poitn fo view, they're lowering the status of the Dante character like that, adding also to the fact that he smokes now and his now obviosu lack of self higienic, complete opposite from the original Dante.

Hell, why they're trying to create a new image out of something that didn't needed to be changed? This whole think doesn't look like a Devil May Cry game, name it something else! A complete diferent new franchside!

Capcom just doesn't give a s@$t about his costumers anymore.
Old 2012-04-12, 23:50   Link #603
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I think they gave in to the whole White hair punk hatred...
Old 2012-04-13, 04:59   Link #604
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Good gameplay..and good graphics...hope the story is good...

However...the girl,,damn..where is the style like the beautiful sexy bad ass Trish???

give me a girl like Trish! she was the best!!!
Old 2012-04-13, 06:06   Link #605
SvenCalBayan

Here it goes again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65Ugo1AE2FQ

And I like it... LOL !!!
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 19:44   Link #606
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Since it's British reminded me of Asutin Powers naked intro in the movie.......

Old 2012-04-14, 05:03   Link #607
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Since it's British reminded me of Asutin Powers naked intro in the movie.......

..Hilarious..really hilarious...fat bastard is the best in the show...
Old 2012-04-14, 20:56   Link #608
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Also this is DmC: Devil may Cry not DMC5 should be changed.
Old 2012-04-15, 05:56   Link #609
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I do not know how to change the title as it appears on the forum.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 06:10   Link #610
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

^edit the title on the first post

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 18:40   Link #611
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
^edit the title on the first post
Alright then.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 21:01   Link #612
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Captivate Interview.

http://static.capcom.com/unity/podcast/04132012.mp3

Same old thing they keep saying about the origins and the rebooting of the series, they've polished the moves and gameplay and practically it's pretty much ready to be sold. The only thing I liked about it is that there is no arrogance and their more professional now on the interview there are not more fan insults. Yes if you look back in the old interviews it's pretty bad, seems now they've learned their lesson.
The interview also states here that is not one with the numbered series so it's a different take on the game, a westernized take.

Also why is this still Devil May Cry 5 and not DmCevil May Cry?

and this @ 33:35

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ep...s/729198#_text

Vergil a good guy and not an anti-hero helps Donte/Dino
New girl is named Kat
Eva is an angel
Donte/Dino wears a wig?! O_O
Mundus is in and having sex with an angel to produce a hybrid that could rival Dino

Sex......
Old 2012-04-16, 06:07   Link #613
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Hee! Mundus...damn...the villain always enjoy him self...

So Eva is an Angel? she is Dante mother no?
Old 2012-04-16, 21:51   Link #614
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Still pretty much that's it.
Also he has that angel tattoo to protect him that keeps him hidden

4chan leak. You can take it for a grain of salt, but mostly 80%to90% of it is true whenever a game comes out. T6, FFXIII and SFxT are a few.

Quote:
Alright, /vg/. I've spoken with some of you before about having playtested DmC before. Well, not too long ago I playtested a much more recent build of the game.

Ask me anything and I will answer it to the best of my ability.
Quote:
>>2951986
Well since it doesn't seem many, or any, people are here I will just type some things out. I’ll have to break this up into multiple posts, and since most of them contain plot spoilers I will use spoiler tags.

Overall the game is a lot more fluid since I last played it. It feels pretty floaty, and it doesn't really feel like Devil May Cry, but it wasn't too terrible. The combat seemed pretty simplistic, but at the very least, chaining attacks from different modes (angel, devil and human) works a lot better than it did before. The two grappling attacks can be abused pretty heavily, the angel one pulls you to an enemy and the devil one pulls them to you. It could have just been for the playtest, but enemy AI seemed really awful. They just sort of waddled towards your general direction, and were incredibly easy to avoid.
Quote:
>>2953073
Continued

Alright, for story and whatnot, the first section we tested had to do with a “Hunter” demon bringing Dante into limbo. It served mostly as a quick tutorial. Something I found a bit annoying was a scene where a white wig or something hair-like blows in the wind onto Dante’s head and he looks into a mirror and remarks, “Not in a million years.” All of this took place on a pier / carnival, and in the real world it things being destroyed was considered the act of terrorists, or so we’re lead to believe.
Quote:
>>2953105
Continued

The second section was a city section. I’ve seen this area in trailers, and I’ve also played it before. It has changed quite a bit since I played it about a year ago. Throughout the level you’re following Kat (I think that was her name). She is a psychic and can see things happening in limbo while in the real world. She mentions that Vergil taught her how to use magic and that he said she was a natural. She uses a spray paint can to “cast” a spell. She mentions that she prepares them in advance in these cans, or something like that. The police in the real world spot her using the spray paint on something, so she runs off and you start the platforming segment. Eventually you make your way to a church to fight a mini-boss of sorts, and after a world-morphing sequence where you use your angel glide to traverse, you break through a window and meet back up with Kat. It seemed mostly like a tutorial for using the grappling attacks in the environment to move platforms, and angel glide (a sort of triple jump that glides you forward) to get onto them.
Quote:
>>2953132
Continued

The third section was a boss fight. I don’t recall if the boss’ name was given or not, but the whole thing was largely unfinished, and it was very obvious. The boss was this ugly larvae-looking thing with a face. It was dangling by some wires or something, handing onto a platform with its four arms. It knew Dante was the son of Sparda and Eva, and it was swearing constantly. The fight was pretty simple. Whack at its hands, and dodge its attacks. After you damage the hands enough you jump around and use your angel grapple attack to swing to other platforms and then use the devil grapple to pull sections of the wires out. After doing this twice it drops down below into some yellow liquid where you whack at its hands some more and it eventually gets cut up by a large fan. It mentions that Mundus, and how it is still useful to Mundus, or something of that sort. At the end of this section we see a cut scene that takes place somewhere else. A fat man with a symbol on his head (who is presumably Mundus) is ******* a woman who is in a skin-tight suit, named Lilith. He mentions how his succubus was killed. I’m assuming the larvae boss was his succubus, but it was not clarified.
Quote:
>>2953162
Last one

The fourth section starts with a cut scene. We see Vergil for the first time. He is wearing a black coat, and really looks nothing like Vergil from the other games. To be expected. Mundus has taken Kat and is holding her hostage for the Neraphim, if I recall correctly. Vergil is surprised by this. According the Vergil, Mundus is in the dark because he does not know that Dante is his brother or that Vergil himself is the Neraphim. He mentions how it is too risky to have Dante rush in there and save Kat. Dante mentions how he knows that Lilith is carrying Mundus’ child because some other demon told him about it. The level itself takes place in a night club, Lilith’s night club. I didn’t get to finish this level, but the world morphing turned it into a gauntlet of demons.

And that is about it. If you've got questions, I will try to answer them the best I can. Feel free to not believe me, but if you've been around on /v/ and heard me talk about testing these games before, nearly a year ago, all of the things I said about it then have since come into light (such as angel and devil mode).

Quote:
You can dodge in any direction on both the ground and air by default. This my be an ability you have to purchase at some point in the game. We could also double jump by default.

Which reminds me, I can post the game's control scheme

Y / Triangle = Attack
B / Circle = Launcher attack
A / Cross = Jump
X / Square = Grappling attacks in angel and devil mode
[X / Square is also for shooting ebony and ivory, when not using angel or devil mode.]
R1 or L1 = Evade
Holding R2 = Devil Mode
Holding L2 = Angel Mode
R3 + L3 = Devil Trigger
DPad = I believe these were used for weapon swapping, which we didn't have access to. We only had Rebellion, Ebony and Ivory, Devil mode and Angel mode. (I vaguely remember some people saying there were some sort of issues with cannon if he had ebony and ivory, but he does call his guns that).

Devil Trigger is used for some platforming things. Typing it out reminded me that on the fourth section, in the gauntlet area, there was a large gap with platforms spinning very quickly. Using Devil Trigger slows them down and allows you to use the angel mode grapple to move onto, and past them.

We had a cheat-sheet of sorts that listed the controls, and there was no lock-on. I suppose that could change in the future, since the game is still in development.

Quote:
Devil Trigger lasted quite awhile. I don't know if this was because we were given a large DT meter and it would normally be smaller, or not. I never actually let to go from full to empty because it was really not necessary. It is incredibly easy mode. When you activated it, the enemies around you are thrown into the air, helpless, and everything slows down to a crawl. When you deactivate it, the enemies fall and remain helpless, on the ground, for a short while.
Quote:
The only enemy that I remember it being very noticeable with was a larger one, with a spherical thing on its stomach that was its weak point. After canceling DT it would fall down and lie on its back for a few seconds, allowing you to attack it with no repercussion.
Quote:
The whole game seemed toned down, as far as difficulty goes. It was really easy to combo things until they were dead, or stay in the air indefinitely with the angel grapple. The environments were pretty bland, for the most part. Some of it was kind of neat, though. I recall an area on the pier/carnival stage that had a "haunted house" sort of thing, like you'd find at a carnival, with all sorts of cogs and whatnot that burst out of the walls and become a hazard. You take damage if you hit them, but they also pretty much killed enemies outright if you launched them into them. It really was not difficult at all. However, I would not be surprised if this was an easy setting or something because in the playtest you've got all sorts of people, including those with very little experience with these types of games.
Quote:
It wasn't Ninja Theory who did the playtest. Game companies occasionally hire this market research company, whose name I will not specify, to get people to try their games for them and get feedback. My friend and I are both signed up to get emails whenever this company is looking for people to do playtests.

When you get the email, you're asked to fill out a short survey, and based on that they let you know if they can use you for the playtest or not. They're usually one day things, about 2-3 hours long, and pay anywhere from $50 to $100.
Old 2012-05-15, 00:57   Link #615
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Capcom's sales target for DmC

2mill.

http://andriasang.com/con0zg/capcom_sales_targets/

Before they said 5million. =_=;
Old 2012-05-15, 02:52   Link #616
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Capcom's sales target for DmC

2mill.

http://andriasang.com/con0zg/capcom_sales_targets/

Before they said 5million. =_=;
It's obvious they're trying to save their own asses at this point because the fans feedback for this game is not getting better.

Not surprising that Capcom would do this...eventually -_-.
Old 2012-05-15, 03:00   Link #617
Westlo
Lets be reality

Devil May Cry 4 sold/shipped 2.6 million copies and was the best selling entry in the series (DMC1 - 2.16 million, DMC2 = 1.7 million, DMC3 = 1.3 million), yet it wasn't good enough for Capcom. They wanted to sell something in the elite range so went to Ninja Theory and were hoping to sell in excess of 5 million copies, similar to Resident Evil 5.

Now they forcast it to only ship 2 million copies... LOL.

Oh well at least Itsuno is making Dragon's Dogma which looks really interesting.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 01:53   Link #618
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Pre-Order Bonuses

http://www.examiner.com/article/amaz...-devil-may-cry

Pre-order Devil May Cry and receive the exclusive bone weapons and character perk. Transform Dante's shotgun, scythe and axe into precision crafted bone and strike fear into the hearts of the demon world! You’ll also receive access to the orb harvester – allowing you to collect hoards of extra red orbs to upgrade your weapons and combos, as well as purchase items. A code to access the exclusive content will be emailed to you within two days of your order shipment. This offer will be extended to all pre-orders. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time

Dante's Inferno Bone Sword for ya...

Samurai Pack: Transform Dante's shotgun, scythe and axe into Samurai devastators! You'll also get 3 free upgrade points to instantly upgrade weapons, combos or purchase items from the beginning of the game.

Online Customers: Code will be emailed within 2 business days after your order ships.
Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: Code will be printed on your receipt at time of pickup.

http://www.gamestop.com/games/devil-may-cry/102379
Old 2012-06-03, 02:55   Link #619
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Is it me or its like all hype that could had existed for this game has died and not even Capcom is trying anymore?
Old 2012-06-03, 15:08   Link #620
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Yeah, Cashcom sure has ways of killing off hype for their games as of lately. I wouldn't be surprise if there's already LDC (Locked Disc Content) on the game already, featuring a white haired dante costume or skin "shudders".