AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2010-05-06, 14:00   Link #61
kitten320

Arika was annoying most of ther time... though Nina and her Segey obsession also weren't the best =/

Mai didn't really change... but Natsuki was like a new person! So responsible and positive... not like her at all. I can't see Kuga as headmaster x_x
Old 2010-05-07, 09:34   Link #62
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Arika was annoying most of ther time... though Nina and her Segey obsession also weren't the best =/

Mai didn't really change... but Natsuki was like a new person! So responsible and positive... not like her at all. I can't see Kuga as headmaster x_x
To tell you the truth I like the responsible and positive character of Natsuki on Otome but she was just useless in Otome so much worse in Zwei. I kinda of suggesting that Natsuki would pull off an Vegeta (Dragonball Z) but that already been filled by Nina.

I really hope the franchise can end in a good note and does not drag out like some shonen/harem series.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 09:39   Link #63
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Well, Hisayuki is currently working on the new Votoms anime, so I doubt he'll be working on HiME for a while.
Dude it's an three episode OVA and the Votoms sales are good so it's no problem for Sunrise (Turning bad franchises into god tier ones.)
Old 2010-05-07, 13:22   Link #64
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

I really like most of the Hime versions of the characters better, then again, the show was about them so of course they are going to make them better >< I like the clothing from Otome a lot though, I totally dig Natsuki's hair clip turning into a part of her robe!

Last edited by twisted-pisces; 2010-05-07 at 13:39. Reason: spelling mistake
twisted-pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 13:28   Link #65
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Mai didn't really change...
Didn't change?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-pisces View Post
I really like most of the Hime versions of the characters better, then again, the show was about them so of course they are going to make them better >< I like the clothing from Otome a lot though, I totally dig Natsuki's hair clip turning into a party of her robe!
I like Mai Otome very much too, but most of my friends were from HiME and I was born then, so like it more.

And sorry Highman for my last comment; That was a bad joke.
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 15:02   Link #66
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
Didn't change?!

I like Mai Otome very much too, but most of my friends were from HiME and I was born then, so like it more.

And sorry Highman for my last comment; That was a bad joke.
You hit it on the spot Mikoto, I'm fine with it! I've done more crazy jokes then everyone else. Don't have to apologize.
Old 2010-05-08, 08:29   Link #67
kitten320

How exactly did Mai change? She was the same carrying person as in Mai HiME who likes to cook, to tease Natsuki and help Mikoto.
Old 2010-05-08, 10:33   Link #68
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
You hit it on the spot Mikoto, I'm fine with it! I've done more crazy jokes then everyone else. Don't have to apologize.
Hm! Thanks Highman!

Quote:
How exactly did Mai change? She was the same carrying person as in Mai HiME who likes to cook, to tease Natsuki and help Mikoto.
She inherited the same soul, but she was a rather happy-go-lucky version of the older Mai. Mai in Mai Otome almost never gets sad, angry , etc. That's of coarse result of their different life conditions.
Old 2010-05-08, 14:25   Link #69
Highman

Quote:
Well I think clear when her mother died, Mai changed dramatically when she started to take care of Takumi because of his sickness and the family fell apart. It was her and Takumi the most kept the slightest way of hope. Mai was always doing too much for her brother, it's was already about her mothers death that Mai couldn't even bring the terms about it or she never bring terms on apologizing to her. That's why Mai is being an motherly type figure and showing it to her brother.

I don't know where their father belongs but I think he may have committed suicide of an broken heart because of his wife's death. Still Mai continued to work out and help for his brother expenses and saving up when the time on being right for her brother to have the operation on him heart alignment. After being accepted to Fuuka Academy, Mai was thinking about her new life and finally get the operation that needed for Takumi. The battles for against the HiME on the cruise ship, Mai in learning the powers of HiME, battling with them against SEARRS and fighting destiny in the HiME festival.

All in all, Mai may have changed but could she be willing face her adversaries, can she be determines to break barriers and make people happy? What is her future and for the HiME?

Mai will be an great Materializer and I think she'll be an focus for everyone in Fuuka and the Academy. Her life is actually beginning once again, she was born to rise again.

To me Mai is an great character and sometimes rare.

Like Mikoto says: Mai is good, yep, yep!
Old 2010-05-09, 09:42   Link #70
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Like Mikoto says: Mai is good, yep, yep!
Mai is Mai; Hm!

Love is good; Hm!

Old 2010-05-10, 11:17   Link #71
kitten320

Well obviously she would be more depressing since Takumi was that ill, in Otome his condition wasn't that bad. Besides he was not alone so she wasn't so needed.

And when Mai wasn't depressing, she was the same as Otome version. Actually right now after carnaval is over and Takumi is healthy she probably will be the same as Otome version.
Old 2010-05-10, 18:23   Link #72
Highman

Quote:
Well obviously she would be more depressing since Takumi was that ill, in Otome his condition wasn't that bad. Besides he was not alone so she wasn't so needed.

And when Mai wasn't depressing, she was the same as Otome version. Actually right now after carnaval is over and Takumi is healthy she probably will be the same as Otome version.
Well we all know will be the same but as I recapped all the episodes from the first series. Mai is overall an great character for the HiME franchise. (Scratch Otome) She always the same but she grows out of it and she'll be the main character for the saga. More positive and a sometimes bitchy, but Mai will get the job soon. For all the HiME's in Fuuka this beginning of the future for them.

For Takumi's sake I think he'll play an big role but I'll keep my mouth shut when the new project is green lit.

Another thing, I may get an berate it and ridiculed. HiME should have an second season already and continued from it. I think when it HiME was their cash cow and popularity. When Otome started to be announced an big "WTF" feeling was in and thats when the dominoes started to fall down. It would been better to have HiME continued after the first season, but that what life is guys.
Old 2010-05-11, 10:26   Link #73
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
More positive and a sometimes "bitchy", but Mai will get the job soon.
Don't insult Mai!
Old 2010-05-11, 11:40   Link #74
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
Don't insult Mai!
Same Mai is always Mai, you know that Mikoto.
Old 2010-05-11, 12:14   Link #75
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

I vote for a second season of Hime, because I would LOVE to see all the different Otome as students at Fuuka!
I did the Math, if you count up all the girls from Hime, Otome, Zwei and S.ifr, you have 59 different girls o.o Hime - 23, Otome - 21, Zwei - 4, and S.ifr - 11 introduced in each.
Old 2010-05-11, 13:50   Link #76
kitten320

Was there really that much new characters in Otome?
Old 2010-05-11, 14:29   Link #77
Highman

Quote:
I vote for a second season of Hime, because I would LOVE to see all the different Otome as students at Fuuka!
I did the Math, if you count up all the girls from Hime, Otome, Zwei and S.ifr, you have 59 different girls o.o Hime - 23, Otome - 21, Zwei - 4, and S.ifr - 11 introduced in each.
Well soon I need to start the online money death pool on which character dies for the HiME saga. This is going to be fun.

*Starts creating an list*
Old 2010-05-11, 14:35   Link #78
Highman

Quote:
Was there really that much new characters in Otome?
HiME Characters: 23

Otome Characters: 21

Eh, did I miss something unless those characters has more screen time............matter of fact, Otome wins by fault by having new characters on their time.
Old 2010-05-11, 16:06   Link #79
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

I only counted the girls. But here, I'll list all the female characters from each series, I could have counted wrong. This will be a long list o.o

Hime - Midori Sugiura, Fumi Himeno, Yukariko Sanada (Steinberg), Shizuru Fujino (Viola), Mai Tokiha, Natsuki Kuga (Kruger), Akane Higurashi (Soir), Yukino Kikukawa (Chrysant), Nao Yuuki (Juliet Nao Zhang), Shiho Munakata (Huit), Mikoto Minagi, Akira Okuzaki, Miyu Greer, Yohko Sagisawa (Helene), Haruka Suzushiro (Armitage), Aoi Senou (Senoh), Chie Harada (Hallard), Sayuri Ichinose, Miya Suzuki, Yayoi Ota (Alter), Kiyone Nonomiya, Alyssa Searrs, Chun Mei

Otome - Maria Graceburt, Monica Julen, Sylvie Mosse, Fiar Grosse, Anh Lu, Sara Gallagher, Mahya Blythe, Rosalie Claudel, Laula Bianchi, Carla Bellini, Nina Wáng, Arika Yumemiya, Erstin Ho, Irina Woods, Lilie Adean, Miya Clochette, Tomoe Marguerite, Jan, Lee, Noel, Mimi

Zwei - Gigi, Dorothy, Jessica, Ribbon

S.ifr - Una Shamrock, Ray Juckernaut, Kyoko Tsumabuki, Irma van de Velde, Sakura Hazakura, Zion Margaret, Raquel Major, Lena Sayers, Eliot Chandler, Sifr Fran, M-9

I forget anyone?

Last edited by twisted-pisces; 2010-05-26 at 23:27. Reason: spelling correction
twisted-pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 18:57   Link #80
Highman

Quote:
I only counted the girls. But here, I'll list all the female characters from each series, I could have counted wrong. This will be a long list o.o

Hime - Midori Sugiura, Fumi Himeno, Yukariko Sanada (Steinberg), Shizuru Fujino (Viola), Mai Tokiha, Natsuki Kuga (Kruger), Akane Figurate (Soir), Yukino Kakogawa (Chrysant), Nao Yuuki (Juliet Nao Zhang), Shiho Munakata (Huit), Mikoto Minagi, Akira Okuzaki, Miyu Greer, Yohko Saginaw (Helene), Haruka Suzushiro (Armitage), Aoi Senou (Senoh), Chie Harada (Hallard), Sayuri Ichinose, Miya Suzuki, Yayoi Ota (Alter), Kiyone Nonomiya, Alyssa Searrs, Chun Mei

Otome - Maria Graceburt, Monica Julen, Sylvie Mosse, Fiar Grosse, Anh Lu, Sara Gallagher, Mahya Blythe, Rosalie Claudel, Laula Bianchi, Carla Bellini, Nina Wáng, Arika Yumemiya, Erstin Ho, Irina Woods, Lilie Adean, Miya Clochette, Tomoe Marguerite, Jan, Lee, Noel, Mimi

Zwei - Gigi, Dorothy, Jessica, Ribbon

S.ifr - Una Shamrock, Ray Juckernaut, Kyoko Tsumabuki, Irma van de Velde, Sakura Hazakura, Zion Margaret, Raquel Major, Lena Sayers, Eliot Chandler, Sifr Fran, M-9

I forget anyone?
Yep and dang we need more girls for the HiME saga, I hope all of them have screen time. Possibly we maybe beat Pokemon, Bleach and One Piece in a couple years.