AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-18, 11:24   Link #821
Konja7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
The argument that Mahiro would have figured it out and Hakase would be saved without the help of Yoshino is really a stretch. Everything was a bit rushed and the flow of the story seems a bit more erratic with the plot jumping all over the place. I guess it's because we aren't solely focused on Yoshino and Mahiro anymore. Things were a bit more coherent previously, but now the dialogue doesn't seem as sharp anymore.
I think a problem of this chapter is that together almost three chapters of the book.

The explanation seems logical, Mahiro could have gone with Hakaze or just having fired in retaliation (Hakaze would return to the current time).

Samon made the argument that the Three of Beginnings caused the death of Aika (that generated all the doubts of Mahiro), because he was cornered by Yoshino (and seemed that everything was in favor of Three of Beginnings).
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 11:49   Link #822
Elestia

Samon still had his trump card which forced Hakase and Mahiro to firmly believe that the former was indeed dead due to the cage of time trick. This resulted in Hakase literally losing all hope and Mashiro to abandon her. Mashiro even decided to switch sides with Samon in order to find the true culprit behind Aika's death. Again, Samon's logic that Yoshino was an unneeded existence does not really add up for me.
Old 2013-01-18, 11:51   Link #823
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Samon still had his trump card which forced Hakase and Mahiro to firmly believe that the former was indeed dead due to the cage of time trick. This resulted in Hakase literally losing all hope and Mashiro to abandon her. Mashiro even decided to switch sides with Samon in order to find the true culprit behind Aika's death. Again, Samon's logic that Yoshino was an unneeded existence does not really add up for me.
Maybe he's just really sour over having all his plans go down the drain because of the word "boyfriend".
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 12:09   Link #824
Jerseykid

I am confused, I thought the princess already knew this other guy? Or is this another new guy entirely?
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 12:12   Link #825
Konja7

Quote:
If Mahiro thought the murderer was the Magician of Exodus (and nobody knows who this magician), he will seek other possibilities. Also, there is the possibility that (in such a tense situation) Samon accidentally reveals that there is a chance to bring Hakaze back. Even Mahiro may decide that Samon was at fault and the best way to get revenge is shooting (then he would be forced to bring the princess back).

Hakaze now has doubts about Three of Beginnings, I do not think the Three of Beginnings had that situation in its plans.

Last edited by Konja7; 2013-01-18 at 12:27.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 12:18   Link #826
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
I think a problem of this chapter is that together almost three chapters of the book.
Yes, I think the problem was that they made that recap episode when both the OP and ED suggest they're sticking to the manga as much as possible.

Spoiler for things left out, most of them are little trivia but others are interesting:

Looking forward to Mahiro and Hanemura interaction. In my opinion they have a cute love-hate relationship
Old 2013-01-18, 12:30   Link #827
ookamigirl

Yoshino & Hakaze seem to be hanging out a lot.
Mahiro was left to hang out with Samon.
Seems like the Tree is having a lot of influence over the world.
It's all on Hakaze to figure out how to return things to normal.
Lots of interesting things were said.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 12:58   Link #828
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm.... so all this time Samon was trying to revive the Tree of Exodus, and now that he has suspicions that the Yoshino is the Mage of Exodus (who supposedly is the harbinger of the Exodus's revival), he now wants him assassinated? WTF?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 15:36   Link #829
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Hmm.... so all this time Samon was trying to revive the Tree of Exodus, and now that he has suspicions that the Yoshino is the Mage of Exodus (who supposedly is the harbinger of the Exodus's revival), he now wants him assassinated? WTF?
As a kind of last resort. He's not actually decided to do it yet, but he wants to be ready just in case.

The manga translation I've read doesn't mention Mahiro understanding the prison of time trick, though one has to remember he's not nearly as dumb as his rough manner and sister obsession make him seem. It just said that, since Samon couldn't produce the killer, he'd have used the talisman. At that point, there would have been no other choice but to bring Hakaze back to control the Trees. It doesn't require him to understand anything, he just had to be himself.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 16:46   Link #830
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
It should get explained eventually, though the anime has started skipping some stuff now.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 22:05   Link #831
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Can someone tell me when Mahiro started looking for/learned about Aika's boyfriend? I can't find it and the recap completely skipped over it.
Old 2013-01-19, 22:13   Link #832
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Can someone tell me when Yoshino started looking for/learned about Aika's boyfriend? I can't find it and the recap completely skipped over it.
You meant Mahiro, right? Cause Yoshino is the boyfriend.

Chronologically, Mahiro was given hints about it by Aika herself in various flashbacks, notably ep7. And he did make mention of it to Yoshino... one or 2 times.

Yoshino confirmed the 'existence of the boyfriend' in ep9.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 23:09   Link #833
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Yeah I meant Mahiro. And thanks that really confused me. It felt like I skipped over something.
Old 2013-01-24, 15:59   Link #834
Bern-san

This episode was a bit rushed again but it was better executed than the previous one.
Spoiler for 15:

Next episode seems to be anime-original except for the flashback with Aika and Yoshino.
Old 2013-01-24, 16:09   Link #835
Xacual

The fate of the world is meaningless to Hakaze in the face of her budding love. Seriously poor Samon.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:22   Link #836
ookamigirl

So now they have Megumu, the mage of Exodus.
He seems like a nice kid, a bit shy and scaredy cat.
His power on the other hand is just amazing, but also dangerous!
Mahiro really put some pressure on him.
Don't think the kid is his Aika's killer, just doesn't make sense.
Hakaze seems to have fallen in love with Yoshino (#^-^#)
So it could be Hakaze's fault Aika is dead after all...
Pretty interesting episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:34   Link #837
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

"If you wanted Yoshino to be your boyfriend, the Tree of Genesis would probably kill his girlfriend".

Dear Lord, this show just does not stop with the curveballs...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 17:58   Link #838
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow didn't expect Hanemura to easily take out a tree like that. Lol he stole the ep by telling Mahiro he had a sister complex, and then was in love with Aika. Way to Jun to tell Hakaze the truth, made it more important than the plan Samon was going to try to convince her with. Though the last line really peaked my interest, if Hakaze were to be serious Yoshino's girlfriend would be killed. Another reason why Aika might have been killed. Though it would be solved much quicker if they could get in touch with Yu-chan.
Old 2013-01-24, 18:31   Link #839
Awrya
U mad?

Another fast paced episode, though I like how they switched pov between characters. In dialogue we find that several days have passed, but watching the episode makes it seem like it was just one long day.

Glad that Hanemura's power ranger suit is not pink like in the OP, though his magic may make it glow red/pinkish next episode.
Old 2013-01-24, 22:55   Link #840
garbage

this is the funniest episode yet for ZnT,
- Samon getting Hakaze's approval > love is more important than any world changing plans nyahaha.
- Hakaze's dere dere explanations at the park
- Hanemura's training with Mahiro especially with that sis-con explosion & samon and company reacted at the sideline.

great to have this funny moments while having a really serious atmosphere at the background. serves to underpin what Yoshino said even before the tree of genesis there were wars, famine, etc. but humans are always like that seeming not to care.

finally that reveal or more like insight from junichi telling hakaze if she desired Yoshino so much the tree of genesis would kill the GF, great except that they don't know that aika is the GF, already dead, which might be due ( or not)to the tree. ah nice twists.

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen