AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-03-24, 12:46   Link #41
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veriselle View Post
I dont know previous y's, but adol as silent protagonist is kind of let down since he has good seiyuu.
Yeah, Adol almost always has been a "silent" protagonist. The few games where he does talk (that is, actually holding conversations with other characters,) were, interestingly, not developed by Falcom (the PS2 remakes of Ys 3-5 comes to mind). Just think of him as Falcom's own Link (who thankfully has no convoluted timeline crap to deal with).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-25, 01:02   Link #42
Veriselle

My first encounter with adol was from falcom gakuen with his perverted and butt-monkey shenanigans, so maybe that infuence me LMAO he got kaji yuuki as seiyuu, I expect he's at least active like rean (at least rean have his own textbox and voice over).
Veriselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-23, 02:51   Link #43
Sacredus

It seems game will have usual "NISA quality translation localization".

More here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1394496

Also, never forget:
Spoiler:

This list is kinda outdated now...

Last edited by Sacredus; 2017-06-23 at 03:02.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-23, 03:56   Link #44
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Well no one was surprised NISA wouldn't be able to do the game justice, we can only hope their idiocy is minimized to translation error and/or the build they showed was early.

I really want Ys VIII to do well in the West, especially on PC.
Old 2017-11-03, 05:05   Link #45
Sacredus

Story so far:
After game really got "NISA quality translation" (few examples: https://imgur.com/a/g6f8y, https://twitter.com/MrRandom28/statu...30168411656192 ), fans got mad and started to send mails to Falcom so NISA promised to fix errors.

New development: http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/daily...y-2018/.123536
Quote:
NIS America (NISA) senior associate producer Alan Costa announced on Thursday that NISA has delayed the release of its planned patch for the Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita game to early 2018. Costa noted that the scope of the changes in the patch made the company unable to release the patch in its original planned release date at the end of November.
They will actually translate this game now? xD

Edit:
From NISA blog entry: http://nisamerica.com/blog/ys-viii-l...ization-update
Quote:
So, what exactly are we doing with this revision? Well, as NISA President Mr. Yamashita mentioned in his message, we are addressing the localization of Ys VIII from the ground up including the below:

- Reviewing and revising the translation with a new translator
- A complete re-edit of the script (voiced and unvoiced) as well as corrections to item names and descriptions with a new editor
- Voice re-recording
- Debugging the new build
Quote:
On that note, as we want this version to be the definitive release of the title, we will be holding the PC version back to coincide this this release as well.
So... New translator, new editor and new dubbing (let's hope it's true since my ears were bleeding after watching English dub trailers)?

Last edited by Sacredus; 2017-11-03 at 07:32.
Old 2017-11-03, 17:59   Link #46
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Yes. Don't expect the dub to improve because it will be the same cast, just hope that they can finally do the game justice and release a high quality localization + port this time. Them being able to do it in one month and promise that much was foolish and they've finally wizened up.

I don't like NISA, but i want this game to do well (VIII is my top Ys game now), it didn't deserve this mess.
Old 2017-11-03, 19:24   Link #47
MCAL

NISA really does seem to make messing up an Olympic Sport.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 14:39   Link #48
marvelB

Honestly, I'm still puzzled that Falcom decided to skip over Xseed for the Ys 8 localization in the first place. I mean, if NISA screwed up so royally that they're forced to redo the entire process from scratch, then one would naturally conclude that Falcom would think twice about who they entrust their top franchises to next time (though admittedly, I haven't played the English version of Tokyo Xanadu yet, but since it doesn't seem that Aksys' localization caused any particular stir, maybe they'd be an okay alternative to Xseed, I dunno). I only want to see the best treatment for one of my favorite series too, after all....
Old 2017-11-04, 16:37   Link #49
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Honestly, I'm still puzzled that Falcom decided to skip over Xseed for the Ys 8 localization in the first place. I mean, if NISA screwed up so royally that they're forced to redo the entire process from scratch, then one would naturally conclude that Falcom would think twice about who they entrust their top franchises to next time (though admittedly, I haven't played the English version of Tokyo Xanadu yet, but since it doesn't seem that Aksys' localization caused any particular stir, maybe they'd be an okay alternative to Xseed, I dunno). I only want to see the best treatment for one of my favorite series too, after all....
People just haven't been vocal about TX.

Spoiler for image:
Old 2017-11-04, 18:03   Link #50
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Supposedly it was because NISA outbid Xseed for it and they made several promises (faster release date, simultaneous pc release) that Xseed couldn't deliver (Not that NISA kept most of those promises anyway).
Old 2017-11-04, 22:55   Link #51
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

NISA should be widely known for their ... creative localizations. I don't know much about alternatives but surely there has to be someone with a better reputation? Or do they simply not care?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 14:39   Link #52
Shadow5YA

Many people who aren't conscious about Japanese voices and language generally don't care about quality as long as the game is in their native language (English).
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-11, 16:28   Link #53
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
BAM, and the fixed version of the game is getting released on the Switch:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...summer/.126319

Hopefully the success of this will lead to more Falcom games for the Switch.
Old 2018-01-11, 19:22   Link #54
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
BAM, and the fixed version of the game is getting released on the Switch:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...summer/.126319

Hopefully the success of this will lead to more Falcom games for the Switch.
Take note that the partnership also extends to Japan's NIS, not just NISA.

This partnership may also be why NISA (the localization branch) got their hands on it over XSEED.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-12, 12:56   Link #55
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Can't be worse than what Treehouse did to that Knight girl in the recent Fire Emblem games turning her into a meat head muscle retard.
Old 2018-01-12, 16:47   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*watches trailer*

*first impressions*
...Or I could just play Xenoblade.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 10:06   Link #57
marvelB

Late to comment on this, but yeah, Ys for the Switch is great news! Now let's see if Nintendo can get the Trails games, too!

And on the subject of late comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
People just haven't been vocal about TX.

Spoiler for image:

"Fukkleducks"...? The hell...? Was Aksys trying to go full Working Designs on the script or something?
Old 2018-01-19, 20:38   Link #58
MCAL

http://steamcommunity.com/games/5791...23139647481008

LOL
Old 2018-04-16, 13:42   Link #59
Sacredus

PC version is out but... people say port is just terrible.
Old 2018-04-16, 17:38   Link #60
MCAL

I mean... Did we expect any less?

EDIT: Been looking over the problems people have been having and LMAO! How do you even mess up things this badly?

Last edited by MCAL; 2018-04-16 at 20:41.

Tags
falcom