AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-25, 01:24   Link #1
jasmullin

what anime has christmas specials?

Last year around christmas time I had the idea for make a DVD of all anime ans other animated special that were about the holiday season, but it was to late to collect them. Since then, whenever I watch a show I keep an eye out for eps, but with the huge amount of show I know I'll never be able to find them all. So, starting now I'm going to make a few post on forum it see if other can think of any.

So far I have found

2x2=Shinobuden ep 10
Ai Yori Aoshi ~ Enishi ep?
Azumanga Daioh ep. 17
Big O ep. 11
Boondocks ep 7
Chrono Crusade ep 13
Doremi ep?
Honey & Clover ep?
Ichigo Mashimaro ep?
Invader Zim ep?
Itsudatte My Santa! 1-2
Justice League s2 Comfort and joy
Love Hina Movie (EP?)
Karin ep?
Magikano ep 11
Mahoromatic s2 ep 5
Maria-Sama ga miteru ep?
Prince of Tennis ep 165
Pokemon Christmas Vaction
Powerpuff Girls: 'Twas the Fight Before Christmas
Ranma s6 p 13 and OVA 2
Sailormoon Movie S
Tokyo mew mew ep?
Urusei Yatsura ep. 10
Venture Brothers - A Very Venture Christmas
Vandread eps?

If anyone have anymore, please list them.

And also, is someone could tell me when the school holidays and festivels fall during the year that would help me in my search as well

And any collections of pictures would be nice as well.

Thank you so any help anyone can give

Last edited by jasmullin; 2006-08-01 at 23:59.
Old 2006-07-25, 02:08   Link #2
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
For instance, there are christmas related episodes in Karin, Maria-Sama ga miteru ( I don't remember the numbers, sorry), and many many series. You will need many DVDs if you want to collect them all.
Old 2006-07-25, 03:50   Link #3
jasmullin

I"m sure most long running anime have eps, but finding the numbers are hard. ranma, inu yasha, sailormoon ect. And alot of shool shows do as well. But sometimes they come out of know where like Chono Cross

And I'm going to add some less know american animation. There may of not be a Gargoyles ep, I"m going to have too look and see.

But thanks for even just those few shows raphaël. Even if you don't know what one it is, I have most animes burn so it gives me the idea where to start
Old 2006-07-25, 05:51   Link #4
jedinat

I remember there was a Christmas special for Ai Yori Aoshi where Aoi is santa. (not an episode in either series, an actual special)

Alot of shows have a Christmas episode, especially the ecchi ones... but individually that's all that comes to mind right now ^^
Old 2006-07-25, 08:57   Link #5
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
I remember there was a Christmas special for Ai Yori Aoshi where Aoi is santa. (not an episode in either series, an actual special)
Alot of shows have a Christmas episode, especially the ecchi ones... but individually that's all that comes to mind right now ^^
It's a special on the first DVD of Ai Yori Aoshi ~ Enishi (I'm convinced they did that just to make me use the @#$@% "~" key). I think there might be an actual Christmas episode of Ai Yori Aoshi as well - I'm thinking it's in the first season towards the end. At least, I remember Kaoru spending all the time up to Christmas working to buy a present for Aoi.

Lots of the romantic comedies have christmas episodes (not just the ecchi ones), but picking out the specific number would be beyond most of us I'm sure.

Since you're including "Comfort and Joy" there's also at least two christmas episodes of B:TAS (well, technically one is Gotham Knights). One of the first B:TAS episodes is Christmas with the Joker and the first episode of Gotham Knights has a three parter that takes place all on Christmas.
Old 2006-07-29, 02:42   Link #6
jasmullin

I have thought of another anime I'll have to edit into the list, Vandread. Another anime that a christmas special seem strange, but it works and it a very good one.

I:m looking at amv that have christmas themes for some ideas as well, but keep them coming if anyone think of some
Old 2006-07-29, 02:46   Link #7
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Ichigo Mashimaro also has a Christmas episode. I think is one of the last episodes, but I can't say for certain.
Old 2006-07-29, 09:56   Link #8
andromeda0201

Magikano episode 11, just watched it
Old 2006-07-29, 11:51   Link #9
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Some more shows that have Xmas-themed episodes:

Azumanga Daioh ep. 17
Big O ep. 11
Urusei Yatsura ep. 10
Old 2006-07-29, 14:20   Link #10
domino
デレデレ

Prince of Tennis episode 165

I remember a Christmas-themed Honey & Clover episode (where they were trying to sell cakes... it was cute), but it wasn't really a special; just part of the story.
Old 2006-08-01, 23:58   Link #11
jasmullin

cool, alot of new ones. I'v never been a big forum person, but I guess this shows you just have the have a good question and a good forum to ask it on.

domino - I'm adding Honey & Clover to that list, even if its a storie ep. I was wondering how well some of these eps would hold up when a person hasn't seen an of the anime befor.

thanks fo the help so far.
Old 2006-08-02, 16:58   Link #12
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

Chocotto Sister/Chokotto Sister.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...light=chocotto

Haruma Kawagoe is an only child. A long time ago, at Christmas time, his mother miscarried the child that was to have been his baby sister. That night, young Haruma knelt down and offered up an earnest prayer: "Please make my mother well again, and please give me a little sister." Years have passed, and Haruma has nearly forgotten his prayer. But Santa hasn`t.... one Christmas, when Haruma is least expecting it, he gets an unusual present - his sister.
Closed Thread