AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-02-28, 00:08   Link #40601
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
All here:

http://stratospear.deviantart.com/gallery/

Though just FYI, all of them are concepts and none actually reflects the appearance of the Minerva in the ongoing story.
Stratospear's drawing isn't bad but I have been exposed to lots of really good drawing which is why my standard of being good(as in 7 out of 10) is a little higher.

I blame one of my ex-classmate (who sat next to me while I am still in secondary school). He was drawing monster in class when I happened to notice.... and hell it was freaking awesome. However, do note that those guys are really good at drawing so it is kind of hard match up with them.

Then again, I am in no position to say that Stratospear' drawing is not good (I noticed that it has improved) because mine is bad.... really bad.

I think a ten year old could draw better than me because my standard is pretty much stuck at child standard (no sense of proportion, lack of shading, lack of 3d-ness).

The only 3d stuff I can draw is a Cube..... I just like how simple it is. However the lack of shading still means it is bad though, but it is my go-to drawing when I got bored.

Thankfully, I don't think it is Jeanne(hidan no aria) level kind of bad but still.... it is not much better so...yea, I wish that I could draw as well as Stratospear.

(To be honest the only reason how I manage to pass Art Class is because I always submit my assignment on time..... which according to the teacher: "not going to fail the class in any way regardless how bad it is" compare to somebody who doesn't.
Old 2013-02-28, 00:22   Link #40602
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@zero

red gives a more "mystical" aura behind, and it maybe be a plot point in the history.

@age

i know what you feel.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 01:30   Link #40603
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero. There isn't that much of the fluid. Only enough to fill the suit section of the unit. When not filling the suit, the fluid CPU is stored in reservoirs hollowed out in accessible areas like just beneath special plate armor. So in large frames they only fill the suit. In small frame they spread across the whole machine like blood through veins.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 04:22   Link #40604
DarkJak2050

[Sighs]

Alright, in prepping for writing the 2nd arc of Project Silverback, I've decided to have my guys drop their nicknames...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 06:32   Link #40605
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: thanks for the inspiration *mad scientist laugh*
Old 2013-02-28, 07:47   Link #40606
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
[Sighs]

Alright, in prepping for writing the 2nd arc of Project Silverback, I've decided to have my guys drop their nicknames...
Just like that? Or will there be some sort of development point that motivates them to do so?

Also, does this appear too... sloppy for an Academy security personnel establishing contact with the Minerva:

Quote:
The day has entered late evening and the Sun is barely visible over the horizon. The night skies are clear as Inami, in the Minerva, cruises above Tokyo Bay with the Type-One CSFP mounted horizontally onto his back. Hardly within range of the Academy and he could already see six Raphael Revives of the Aegis Team spreading out around the school’s airspace, this time covering and even wider area as he approaches one of them head-on.

-This is the Academy’s security squad, Aegis. Unknown One, you are entering restricted airspace.-

He gets taken aback by the warning. Never mind the school still being a long ways from his weapons’ range, he’s not even flying towards it which makes the sudden warning a whole lot more awkward both in timing and setting than it was supposed to be.

‘What…? Even at this distance…? It’s not like I’m— wait… “Unknown One”?’

-I know you heard me. You have three seconds to respond or I will make you.-

‘WHAT? Why in the world must I—?’ His thoughts interrupted by a separate, private transmission from Praxidike.

-Keep it cool, Arisawa. The helmet has a voice changer mechanism for communication with foreign channels. Play along.-
Do note that prior to this, the Academy pieced together information about the Minerva from 4 different occassions until they arrived at the conclusion that the Minerva MIGHT be manned.
Old 2013-02-28, 08:51   Link #40607
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Spoiler for Ugly drawing:

I like to prove my point....
Old 2013-02-28, 10:05   Link #40608
Eratas123

Cazzo, trying to make a pair chapter with a socially awkward crybaby and a wannabe child soldier who spouts big words is incredibly frustrating.
Old 2013-02-28, 10:10   Link #40609
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Strigon
Actually that looks like something out of bionicle, just need some details here and there and it'll be good.

@ Eras
Hmm, I can somehow feel that without even knowing the real draft
Old 2013-02-28, 10:36   Link #40610
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Strigon
Actually that looks like something out of bionicle, just need some details here and there and it'll be good.

@ Eras
Hmm, I can somehow feel that without even knowing the real draft
I think you mean me.

Now that you mention it.... yea... It look like Bionicles.... the intention was to have parts which can be easily replace when damaged...so Lego is clearly not a bad idea.

The head is not a mask but ,more of a helmet, the actual head is a sphere below the head.

Edit: the thing which the arms and legs are connected to is actually a ring like structure which can expand or contact.

Finally, the left side is called Alien mode because it looked like alien (arms and legs not connected to the body)
Old 2013-02-28, 20:28   Link #40611
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
And I'm going to play devils advocate and be blunt here: Jak, do you not talk to females in RL? Sure we guys like videogames or guns and they like clothes and make-up, but we'd still react the same if someone placed a loaded gun against their head. Really, I joke around with my seatmates and they're no aliens nor do they see the world through some kind of girls only lens.
You can say that I had trouble with them in Junior High and High School...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Just like that? Or will there be some sort of development point that motivates them to do so?
They'll drop the nicknames with reason, it really won't be sudden.

As for the small scene, I can't really be the judge of that...

Edit:

A new on for the archive.

Infinite Stratos REWIND
Old 2013-02-28, 21:04   Link #40612
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Schwarzer Regen's AIC is pretty much a game breaker because not many IS unit can deal with it.

Point to note: Try Vanilla Uchigane (solo) against Schwarzer Regen.

(additional note: There is a way to deal with it using the out-dated unit but the method is rather.... dirty.)

However, I realize that British ISes actually have the best chance of solo-ing Schwarzer Regen.

In another word: In theory, British's ISes are actually capable of dealing with Schwarzer Regen's AIC in actual IS competition so the only problem is most likely lies with the pilot.

I think it is due to recklessness, lack of experiences and knowledge about her opponent's unit. Then again, we are talking about Ordinary(albeit rich) Civilian versus a Genetically-Engineered Super-Solider here.
Old 2013-03-01, 00:13   Link #40613
demino_hellsin
That one guy

there are too many ways too deal with AIC if you look at it objectively. Zero and I have already found our answers.
Old 2013-03-01, 02:22   Link #40614
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Seeing as I won't be home tonight to post a draft scene, I'm going out on a limb and deduce that AIC only affects things that are exposed to it. When the fake Schwazer Regen drone replica uses its AIC against Inami, he only manages to free himself after wasting massive amount of particles to form a sub-solid shell made of particles to shield the Minerva from exposure to the field.
Old 2013-03-01, 04:57   Link #40615
DarkJak2050

I remember that it's stated that AIC's only effective on 1 target.
Old 2013-03-01, 07:23   Link #40616
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That or a small enough area

As for particle hax, I remember GNP has negative mass, which mean negative momentum, and well...

That aside, how exactly the Minerva's special particles are not affected then? because they're massless?

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-03-01 at 07:42.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 08:41   Link #40617
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

The particles are affected since they're frozen in place by the AIC before the could form a spherical barrier. The AIC's effect caused the particles to form an irregular barrier in the shape of an external silhouette shell which cover the parts of the Minerva that's exposed to the AIC's field.
Old 2013-03-01, 08:53   Link #40618
demino_hellsin
That one guy

In other words they have their own physics. Real world be damned =))
Old 2013-03-01, 08:56   Link #40619
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hey, everyone in universe rape physic on SECONDLY basis with offhand explanation, cut him some slack
Old 2013-03-01, 09:02   Link #40620
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think it's pretty cool actually. It's like: "Up yours IS! Think only you can break all the laws of physics?"

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest