AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-01, 12:53   Link #1
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

A little late, but in honor of Halloween...

http://www.dionaea-house.com/default.htm

Don't forget to read the updates after the articles.

This is quite possibly the creepiest thing I've ever read.

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2004-11-01 at 13:12.
Old 2004-11-01, 13:54   Link #2
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

wuhoh ... scurry movie in making :holdeme:
Old 2004-11-01, 16:18   Link #3
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Wow, Boney, mad +reps frm me! What an amazing read. I haven't read something this atmospherically creepy in years. Thx for the link ^^.
Old 2004-11-01, 16:48   Link #4
MikoKikyo

It's also very tangible since it's so recent and still ungoing...
Eric and "Cam" are actually going in the house, now, which I've read in his online blog. I don't know exactly when he's going, bt last night he bought supplies fr the trip, so it should be soon I'd guess.

Last edited by MikoKikyo; 2004-11-01 at 17:22.
Old 2004-11-01, 17:10   Link #5
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

It's so typical though ... "Andrew went crazy after staying in that house, Mark went inside and disappeared ... dude I'm so going in there!"
Old 2004-11-01, 17:13   Link #6
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

i dotn get it >< can someone summarize it?
Old 2004-11-01, 17:20   Link #7
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I thought it was pretty boring, until the last few text messages he sent.

Honestly, I felt chills down my spine..

Oh, here is a really condensed summary, Anita.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-01, 17:27   Link #8
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
I thought it was pretty boring, until the last few text messages he sent.

Honestly, I felt chills down my spine..

Oh, here is a really condensed summary, Anita.

Spoiler:
okok so this guy went crazy (andrew is it?) but what house was this? was it just some random house? and mannnnn, that is scary la ... i betetr skip to the last few messages

*EDIT* ok i read the whoel thing.... my legs are actually kinda shaking now .... im getting paranoid now about what might happen if i walk to the kitchen ...... ok im creeped .... my legs frozen ...

Last edited by Anita-chan; 2004-11-01 at 17:41.
Old 2004-11-01, 19:28   Link #9
Chechirom

wow

That was one long read. I ate dinner during it. I agree with Midori though it was kind of boring, some emails more than others but it was worth the time. I am truthfully not that scared though. Anita are you really afraid to go in your kitchen..

Its just really farfetched even though it seems to be real, someone did a really good job tying in all the websites and connecting and advancing the storyline...props for that.

This reminds me of a website which is extremely thorough as well. Its about Vampires found it last night after watching show on history channel on Big D. Anyway this is also a very elaborate website which actually got some people to believe they are vampires....lol Heres the link:

http://www.sanguinarius.org/guide.shtml
Old 2004-11-01, 20:38   Link #10
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

omg... is this for real?! someone should make this into a movie! I saw it all like one, I can tell you... wow... I found it very interesting in the beginning, but when I realized that madsons were actually the ones he killed, I had not some chills, but a whole peleton of elephants dashing down my spine... this can't be fucking real man; I thought this kind of stuff onl hapenned in movies... o.0 I really am naive, ain't I...
Old 2004-11-01, 22:56   Link #11
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chechirom
Its just really farfetched even though it seems to be real, someone did a really good job tying in all the websites and connecting and advancing the storyline...props for that.
I agree, it's far too clichéd and tries to hard to pretend to be real, making all the correspondence feel terribly false. It reminds me of the mock Cthulhu emails that used to float around the net, which were invariably conversations which ended in person X contacting person Y to say person Z had disappeared after making oblique references to something quasi-creepy. Still, the research and the interlinking is a good effort, but I think the next mockumentary/meme craze is going to have to outdo the almost established Blair Witch/Ilovebees formula.

SCC
Old 2004-11-01, 23:36   Link #12
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
The babysitter link..scary!!

Thank you so much for not putting up a website where something pops out at me. Ive been suckered into so much of those lately. TT__TT
Old 2004-11-01, 23:44   Link #13
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
The babysitter link..scary!!

Thank you so much for not putting up a website where something pops out at me. Ive been suckered into so much of those lately. TT__TT
Would you be interested in a flash containing really soothing music and artwork slides?
Old 2004-11-02, 00:05   Link #14
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Would you be interested in a flash containing really soothing music and artwork slides?
My nerves would be much appreciative, but I just read about paranormal string hanging from bathtub faucets...Ill never be happy again
Old 2004-11-02, 00:21   Link #15
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
I just read about paranormal string hanging from bathtub faucets...Ill never be happy again
Oh no, you have to share that one, it just sounds so odd.

SCC
Old 2004-11-02, 00:48   Link #16
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdCrazy
Oh no, you have to share that one, it just sounds so odd.

SCC
Its a link on the Dionaea House updates/resourses page
http://www.livejournal.com/users/ohdanigirl/

the striiiinngg!!
Old 2004-11-02, 01:26   Link #17
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
This is all very interesting and pretty creepy but come on this has to be so fake. It all seems so set up and the last thing we hear is that him and some friend are going to go to the house? On Halloween of all days!! This all just screams fake.
Old 2004-11-02, 01:33   Link #18
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Well, regardless if this is apocryphal or not, it is one of the more spooky stories I've read. Especially if you read it Doom 3 style: All alone in your room, doors locked, and lights off . Gave me goosebumps. Thanks for good read BJ.
Old 2004-11-02, 01:43   Link #19
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdCrazy
I agree, it's far too clichéd and tries to hard to pretend to be real, making all the correspondence feel terribly false. It reminds me of the mock Cthulhu emails that used to float around the net, which were invariably conversations which ended in person X contacting person Y to say person Z had disappeared after making oblique references to something quasi-creepy. Still, the research and the interlinking is a good effort, but I think the next mockumentary/meme craze is going to have to outdo the almost established Blair Witch/Ilovebees formula.

SCC
I'm not too sure to believe if this (Or these) incident/s are real or not. Examining the whole thing with a preconception that it's a fraud makes the whole thing alot less...creepy (Yeah, but that's just common sense~). On the other hand, reading the mails without any preconceptions what-so-ever that it's false, you'll still be able to find a number of dubious stuff, rather similar to events which would normally occur if these incidents were ever made into a movie. But, from my experience with my extended family, real life is very similar to extremely cliche'ed small-budget drama serials. (Wtf)

On a side note, the comment on the venus flytrap struck me a tad' weird...If paranormal forces (Paranormal generally refers to stuff we don't know about yet, which would logically be the forces behind this incident if it were real) were sophisticated enough to manipulate previous events and thus use your own guilt against you to lure you into a 'trap'... ...
Old 2004-11-02, 07:17   Link #20
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Quote:
Its a link on the Dionaea House updates/resourses page
http://www.livejournal.com/users/ohdanigirl/

the striiiinngg!!
Ohhh, that! Yes, I think that's quite creepy actually. For me, it works better than the emails.

SCC
Closed Thread