AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kashimashi Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 1 5.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 17.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 35.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 17.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-01, 17:34   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Kashimashi Episode 8 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to this week's Episode of Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep Manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=Hazumu and Yasuna]Hazumu and Yasuna are both men.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for Hazumu and Yasuna:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-03-08 at 16:53.
Old 2006-03-01, 22:29   Link #2
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm dropping down from my standard "Excellent" to "Very Good." This episode didn't grab me quite as much as others. But it had a lot of excellent aspects: scaredy-cat Hazumu was a treat. So was the growing amity between Yasuna and Tomari. And so was the wonderful Asano Masumi as Ayuki, whose personality (and quandary) came across so beautifully in this ep. Masumin is using a gentle alto voice I haven't heard from her before.

EDIT: Personally, I loved the butterfly metaphor, although the animation of Hazumu flying off into the sky looked awkward to me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-03-02 at 16:33.
Old 2006-03-02, 09:37   Link #3
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Yeah, unfortunately for this episode, Asuta and Namiko all revert back to their idiotic selves ^_^; I do like the type of "animation" they used for all the Ayuki scenes though. They seemed very... pleasant, in a sense.
Old 2006-03-02, 10:43   Link #4
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

ED was sung by Ayaki.

Average for me.
Old 2006-03-02, 13:37   Link #5
Millenia
Emotional Shoujo Girl

Send a message via MSN to Millenia
Not the best of episodes imo

But the next episode(9) looks good

Who voted 'Below Average'?
it was me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
I've posted screen caps for Episode 8 on my blog. Check them out if you'd like.

[ Episode 8 Screen Captures ]

Cheers.
Gosh, you realy can fit an episode in that
Old 2006-03-02, 14:21   Link #6
Srin Tuar
無謀

Hazumu turning into a winged bug and flying away was kindof usukimi warui for me.

I dont think I enjoyed this episode so much, the whole matemorphisis metaphor and butterfly
watching collecting girl is sortof unsettling.
Old 2006-03-12, 21:37   Link #7
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Seeing as the episode has just been subbed, I'll spoiler tag it...

Spoiler for Episode review:

...hence why this episode only gets an average from me. This is the first episode I don't like better than its manga equivalent. Bad news...
Old 2006-03-13, 02:07   Link #8
President Barbicane

Interesting episode

I don't like what they've done with Ayuki so far.

Spoiler for Ayuki:

This episode kinda depressed me. Some parts of this series kind of depress me for some reason, but it also fascinates me, compels me. Other parts I really like. I think I'm gonna watch the next episode.
Old 2006-03-13, 05:59   Link #9
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Oh, the revelation surrounding Ayuki in this episode has me so torn.
Spoiler for Episode 8:
I'm starting to think this series could have been just as interesting, if not more if the love traingle surrounded Hazumu, Asuta and Ayuki instead of the three we have now, because the side characters have (arguably) been more interesting than the main ones. I'm not enjoying the comedy, though... I think it's really died since the first episode. Oh well, overall this series has still surpassed all my expectations.
Old 2006-03-13, 06:12   Link #10
gnuffiehot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Oh, the revelation surrounding Ayuki in this episode has me so torn.
Spoiler for Episode 8:
I'm starting to think this series could have been just as interesting, if not more if the love traingle surrounded Hazumu, Asuta and Ayuki instead of the three we have now, because the side characters have (arguably) been more interesting than the main ones. I'm not enjoying the comedy, though... I think it's really died since the first episode. Oh well, overall this series has still surpassed all my expectations.
I actually want Asuta to win >.>

Yeah, this episode was kind of boring. Episode 9 isn't that much better either >.> I sure hope the series picks up at 10. If they follow the manga, (WARNING, MANGA SPOILER, not an episode 8 spoiler)
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-15, 17:32   Link #11
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Well I'm going to go against what most people have said, I found this episode to be excellent! All though I was kind of disapointed that they went for another humor episode over a more serious episode. Father and Asuta together!!! That was just too funny!
The whole butterfly = no love for Ayuki thing makes NO sense to me what-so-ever. Also makes me go from respecting Ayuki as the understanding observor to looking down on her for being a coward. At least the emo kids will have someone to identify with now.
I took two 1280x1024 shot of Hazumu with wings (one without writing and one with) but it's kinda blurry, not a very good wallpaper at all, but if requested I shall post it.

Also as a side note for GNU's sub, the quality was SO much better this time! Audio was perfect, video was a little blurry but still good, didn't look too bad even in full screen. Good job guys!
Old 2006-03-15, 18:14   Link #12
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Did anyone else feel like Yasuna & Tomari are supposed to be Hazumu's wings, and she needs both of them?
Old 2006-03-20, 11:52   Link #13
Jaden

she might think so, but it's no good when your right hand is fighting with your left.
Old 2006-03-25, 15:16   Link #14
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I've given this episode an 8. I found it quite interesting, probably the fact that for once the focus deviated on a side character has led to a minor consideration.
By the way I liked Ayuki's story and depictions, although the butterfly metaphor was sligthly exaggerated on the final scene.
I was a bit surprised for the fact she's in love with Hazumu too, I personally was suspecting either that, either Tomari. So the anime is ,among other things, a pure harem with gender mixture
Nice touch of the episode: the dialogue between Ayuki and Yasuna. This series shines for how it is organized, depicted and finally, directed.