AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-28, 03:12   Link #1
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

So, what would you do if you were in their shoes?

If you were Mitsuki, how would you approach the 'Takayuki depression incident'? Why?

If you were Haruka, what would you do if you found out that Takayuki is now with Mitsuki? Why?

If you were Takayuki, who would you choose Mitsuki or Haruka? Why?

If you were Akane, would you confess or not confess? (assuming that she's interested in Takayuki as implied or is it all in my head.) Why?

Grifis
Old 2003-11-28, 03:44   Link #2
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis
If you were Mitsuki, how would you approach the 'Takayuki depression incident'? Why?

If you were Haruka, what would you do if you found out that Takayuki is now with Mitsuki? Why?

If you were Akane, would you confess or not confess? (assuming that she's interested in Takayuki as implied or is it all in my head.) Why?

Grifis
For the first one, I would just comfort him till Haruka awakes and NOT take off my clothes and go to bed with him. Sure, he did recover from depression and took on a job. But I dun wanna betray Haruka just cos I like him.

Second one... Get angry. Cry. Throw him out of my room. Why? Cos he's mine in the first place and not Mitsuki's. And also, I will not forgive him cos he's an idiot.

Third one... Haruka. Mitsuki may be good in bed but I have to be loyal to Haruka. Anyway, Haruka is a pretty cute babe too.

Last one... Nah, first thing, he's a jerk for betraying my sister. I shd live on with my life and forget him. There are sure to be better guys out there than Takayuki.
Old 2003-11-28, 05:11   Link #3
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
After a year I'd assume Haruka was never going to wake up, so I won't say a relationship would be out of the question in that situation. Still if I were Mitsuki, I would have tried to get Takayuki some professional help for his depression first.

Quote:
This one's a bit harder. If I were Haruka and found out after regaining my sense of time, I couldn't blame Takayuki since 3 years is a long time, and as I said before, people in a coma that long have a tendency to not wake up. If it was before regaining sense of time, I'd be really upset, and it'd be over.

Quote:
If I were Takayuki I'd choose Haruka in the end, but in all honesty, I'd have trouble making that choice too. Still when I saw my indecision was hurting Mitsuki, I'd force myself to make the choice. As for why I'd choose Haruka, I think Mitsuki is too manipulative.
Actually I probably would have blamed Mitsuki for the accident and never speak to her again, rendering the question moot.

Quote:

Grifis
If I was Akane, I'd probably be trying my hardest to break takayuki and Mitsuki up, so if I thought confessing would further that goal, I would, if I didn't, I wouldn't.
Old 2003-11-28, 06:47   Link #4
Mentar
Banned

> If you were Mitsuki, how would you approach the 'Takayuki
> depression incident'? Why?

Just for clarification: Do you mean the scene after one year, after Takayuki's famous "exhibition invitation" and after he's been told not to return to Haruka's bed?

If so, I'd probably confess to him and tell him that I can't go on like this. If I had the strength left I probably wouldn't jump him - I'd tell him the truth, and point out that I'd act on my feelings from now on - or leave. Then, kiss him, go home and cry my eyes out

> If you were Haruka, what would you do if you found out that
> Takayuki is now with Mitsuki? Why?

Assuming that I'd also learn about what transgressed in the last 3 years, I'd feel utterly horrible, both for losing/endangering my relationship and also for what Takayuki had went through. I'd try my utmost to rekindle my relationship with Takayuki, but I wouldn't blame Mitsuki. And assuming that I really was so close with Mitsuki as it seems, I'd try to come to an understanding with her.

> If you were Takayuki, who would you choose Mitsuki or
> Haruka? Why?

This would utterly kill me. Right now I have no clue. I'd try to make up my mind and find out who I really care for more. And, if this doesn't give a clear result, choose the girl who I feel needs me more. Which one this is - I couldn't answer the question right now, either.

> If you were Akane, would you confess or not confess?
> (assuming that she's interested in Takayuki as implied or is
> it all in my head.) Why?

I'd kill me ... seriously now, this would be the worst-case scenario. I wouldn't confess, since there is no basis for it at all, I'd be rejected and only make things much more awkward. I'd probably try to mend my relationship with Takayuki first and find a way to spend more time with him.

The secondary consideration is that I have alot of devotion for my sister, so I'd probably try to break up Takayuki and Mitsuki ...
Old 2003-11-28, 10:31   Link #5
IPv6
blastos.com

man this topic should be closed. Many of us have discussed this over AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN in other thread. its like beating a freaking dead horse!
Old 2003-11-28, 11:01   Link #6
Mentar
Banned

I'd make this a no-discussion thread. Whoever has an opinion should state it, but no interactive discussions

I've got to admit that I _am_ curious what people would do. As long as we don't use this to jump at each others' throats ... *grins*
Old 2003-11-28, 13:28   Link #7
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPv6
man this topic should be closed. Many of us have discussed this over AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN in other thread. its like beating a freaking dead horse!
As Mentar said, this is more like a 'state your opinion' kind of thread, not interactive discussion. I was just curious.

Btw Mentar, I mean starting from the beginning not after the 'act'.

As for me,
Mitsuki: I'll care for him and get him out of depression for sure. I give myself 1 year to get him on his feet and 1 more year for him to decide. I won't confess but I'll drop hints after that 2 years. I've done all I could and if he still doesn't pick me I move on and find a better guy.

Haruka: I would probably feel angry for their betrayal but in the end I would take in consideration of their circumstances so I wouldn't blame them for it. Since Takayuki already lost heart to another girl not mentioning he's living with her for 2 years so I let him go and move on.

Takayuki: It seems I have feelings for both girl. If I choose Mitsuki, I would feel much guilt for Haruka if I choose Haruka I would feel much guilt for Mitsuki. I'll leave both girls, move to another town and find another girl.

Akane: This is an easy one. There's no point in confessing. The guy is already having trouble with 2 girls on his hands. What would result out of confessing with him anyways? As impossible as it may sound and even if I ended up with him later, I would feel very awkward 'cause he used to date my sister. I can get a better guy.

Grifis
Old 2003-11-28, 14:57   Link #8
Tboz

1) Honestly saying, I won't know what to do if I am Mitsuki. Being all that helpless and alone, I may even break down mentally and cease to be of any use at all.

2) I won't blame Mitsuki and Takayuki and I don't mind being friends still. But, there's sure to be some nagging feelings that tells me things are different now and they will make me feel uncomfortable around them. Sadly, the friendship will stay, but it won't be as close as it used to be because of me.

3) Even if I love Haruka more, I will still choose Mitsuki. My consciences won't let me desert her after all that she has done for me. I believe I will one day love her as much as she loves me.

4) Even though I am cute, I will keep my thoughts hidden as I don't see myself having a high chance. Takayuki already has more than he can handle and he had probably never consider me as a love interest. Moreover, blood is thicker than water. I think its easier to keep my love a secret than to live with rejection and accusations.
Old 2003-11-28, 15:09   Link #9
IPv6
blastos.com

in mitsuki shoes: Wear a rubber coat and mask, come to takayuki's apartment at night without being seen. I would pull out a semi-automatical hand gun and start to kill off takayuki. Leave the apartment and continue with my swimming career.

in tayayuki shoes: Spend my days being stupid and indecisive ... maybe walk into traffic blind fold.

in haruka shoes: open my eyes and look around. There's a lot of fish in the sea.

in Akane shoes: work hard in school and continue putting effort into swimming.
Old 2003-11-28, 17:06   Link #10
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPv6
in mitsuki shoes: Wear a rubber coat and mask, come to takayuki's apartment at night without being seen. I would pull out a semi-automatical hand gun and start to kill off takayuki. Leave the apartment and continue with my swimming career.

in tayayuki shoes: Spend my days being stupid and indecisive ... maybe walk into traffic blind fold.

in haruka shoes: open my eyes and look around. There's a lot of fish in the sea.

in Akane shoes: work hard in school and continue putting effort into swimming.
Ditto....

However if I was takayuki I'd still be with haruka because I have a car and all this would of been avoided

Haruka > Mitsuki
Old 2003-11-30, 02:28   Link #11
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

If you are a male, you never know what girls think, NEVER! What you think that they will do will have no relevent indication on what will they really think, percieve or act.

So now onto the 3rd question.

Can i have both? j/k
I would want to say that I will not be sleeping with somebody after 1 years of Haruka's coma. I will at least wait longer than that. But in reality, I will do the same as Takayuki did since Mitsuki did take care of him for more than a year and has strong feeling for him.

Again you never know what girls think, but I would be true to myself and express my feeling
Old 2003-12-03, 06:16   Link #12
JediNight
キズランダム

I think Mitsuki jumping Takayuki after the 1st year is the one major point where the anime is not realistic -- and its explained simply by the fact KimiNozo is an H-game. If it were a Non-H game then yes, you would most likely just see Mitsuki break down, confess, and maybe tempt him with her bra at the most. Otherwise I think that the reason people discuss the series so much is the characters are very real, its a credit to the series I guess.
Old 2003-12-03, 11:36   Link #13
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Yup while the characters and set up are fairly realistic, their emotional reactions to the tradegy of this degree were exaggerated about 10 fold to add drama, feeding the viewers with high level of angst and all that shtuff like most dramas.

Grifis
Old 2003-12-03, 16:27   Link #14
TheBlueOne
Da da da di da da da

Quote:
Haruka has been in the hospital for a year. Chances of her waking up are next to nill. I would have no problem trying to start a relationship with Takayuki, but I would try to approach things calmly and rationally (i.e. I wouldn't take off all my clothing and jump him) I would want him to have said goodbye to Haruka in his heart, instead of trying to cover up an open wound and pretend it doesn't exist. I'd probably try to get help from Shinji, my parents (who I'm hoping have as much wisdom and life experience as my real parents), and, depending on how well I know them and what I know about them, Takayuki's parents.

Quote:
I wouldn't blow up. I'd try to consider that three years have passed and that absence makes the heart go yonder. That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to Takayuki returning to me, since according to my sense of time, I've been in love with him for years. I'd still feel bad for my best friend, though.

Quote:
If I had visited Haruka once, I probably would have never visited her again. After that I would have done something symbolic like taking Mitsuki to the ocean, and saying something like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takayuki
Mitsuki, three years ago I bought two items for two friends as presents. One was a book for the girl I loved then. One was a ring for the girl I love now. Both of these items have become a burden to us; to me, the book I still have is a symbol of my failure, and to you, the ring is a symbol of what you precieve to be betrayal.

I ask you to part with that your self-hate, and join me in throwing my failure to the ocean...and then I will give you a new ring ...

[neal and pull out small box with simple gold band]
Of course, I'm Takayuki so I won't come up with something that suave.

Assuming that we are at "Now" in the series, I would choose Haruka since I have already betrayed Mitsuki; it's almost as if I've already made my decision. (Looking for a replacement for that book was a pretty big indicator of how I feel)

Quote:
Ahh, yes. If I was Akane, I'd love to make a bad situation worse, betray my sister, and look like a hypocrite to Mitsuki.

Or maybe not.
Old 2003-12-03, 20:10   Link #15
darklanzer
Inactive Member

Well if i were any of them i would force myself to build a time machine and go back to the high school life to fix the crappy life ahead. Since this is anime i'm sure this can happen. ^_^

Oh btw the going back in time thing, i got it from Mitsuki, she mentions it in episode 9.
Old 2003-12-04, 02:51   Link #16
ICE 0ne
slacker

Quote:
prob just my obsession with all things blue speaking, but i'd take mitsuki in a heartbeat.
Old 2003-12-04, 13:20   Link #17
Whojive
is behind on many eps

Send a message via AIM to Whojive Send a message via Yahoo to Whojive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
After a year I'd assume Haruka was never going to wake up, so I won't say a relationship would be out of the question in that situation. Still if I were Mitsuki, I would have tried to get Takayuki some professional help for his depression first.

This one's a bit harder. If I were Haruka and found out after regaining my sense of time, I couldn't blame Takayuki since 3 years is a long time, and as I said before, people in a coma that long have a tendency to not wake up. If it was before regaining sense of time, I'd be really upset, and it'd be over.

If I were Takayuki I'd choose Haruka in the end, but in all honesty, I'd have trouble making that choice too. Still when I saw my indecision was hurting Mitsuki, I'd force myself to make the choice. As for why I'd choose Haruka, I think Mitsuki is too manipulative.
Actually I probably would have blamed Mitsuki for the accident and never speak to her again, rendering the question moot.

If I was Akane, I'd probably be trying my hardest to break takayuki and Mitsuki up, so if I thought confessing would further that goal, I would, if I didn't, I wouldn't.
that pretty much sums up my feelings
Old 2003-12-05, 00:07   Link #18
wireless
Regular Lurker

Quote:
It's true that it has been a long time since Haruka was put into a coma, but who am I to judge whether or not Takayuki is over Haruka. I doubt Takayuki would give me a straight answer.
I would not start a relationship, there would be too much guilt, and that is no way to live.

Quote:
If Takayuki doesn't want me anymore, I can't change that. Seeing as I'm such a nice girl, I would probably let it go, and still consider Mitsuki my friend. And since I'm so hot now with long hair, I'll have no problem meeting guys . But I do want to get back together with Takayuki, and the way things are going at this point, Takayuki is still in love with me. I would take him back in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Right before Haruka woke up, my relationship with Mistuki was weak. It's clear to me that I'm happier with Haruka. My mood goes way up when I'm with her. It's amazing that after all these years, even though I'm currently dating Mitsuki, my relationship could be shaken so badly, and leave me going back to Haruka. This means something, that, devastating as this might be to Mistuki, my three year old feelings for Haruka are far stronger. Everyone knows that you are only screwing yourself if you don't follow your feelings, I choose Haruka. <EDIT> of course, my decision means nothing unless Haruka takes me back, I made a gamble by dating Mistuki, I supposedly was forefeiting my relationship with Haruka, so I would consider myself pretty damn lucky if she takes me back. </EDIT>

Quote:
I would not, I have gone through so much grief over what I thought was the dead relationship between Takayuki and my sister. I think he may be playing my sister, but if he's not, I will not interfere. Besides, what would that make me look like to Mistuki who I have expressed hatred for the last two years, when I do the same thing? Besides with only 30 seconds of airtime per episode, I don't have much time for anything :P
If, and only if Takayuki ends up with neither Mitsuki or my sister, would I go after him. It would definitely be the perfect situation though, Takayuki would be completely heartbroken, and that time would be perfect to confess; and seeing as both his previous relationships would be terminated 100%, our relationship would be guilt free.

Last edited by wireless; 2003-12-05 at 01:02.
Closed Thread