AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2004-06-16, 09:56   Link #61
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

I really should know better than to feed the troll (who'll probably get the post deleted for off-topic again, and maybe this one too), but I'd like to compare "real game" gamers to "ero-game" gamers:

This was taken a few minutes ago by myself (yes, I DO play "real" games too). I've just slaughtered almost every guest at my club with a chainsaw. YEAH!!! I'm a REAL gamer now! Notice those little drops of blood on the camera lens? Hehehehehehe.....

Now THIS is some pretty sick stuff!! Would you look at that crap? Those two people seem to LOVE each other!! Sick bastards, if you ask me. I'm sure they'll even have SEX some time later. I'd prove it, but I can't post such extremely gross and sick pictures of it due to forum rules (not that it matters, there are only a few of them in the entire game). Needless to say, any gamer who indulges in stuff like this should be thrown in a mental hospital, and the key to the cell should be promptly tossed into the Atlantic Ocean afterwards.

95% or more of the stuff written above was sarcasm, just for the record.

Anyway, to stay somewhat on-topic:

I noticed kvant mentioning Brave Soul.

Brave Soul was one of my most anticipated ero-games. In mainstream gaming, RPG is one of my most favorite genres. I was thrilled at the thought of an ero-game which also was an RPG, as opposed to the same old ADV games we usually get. Of course, I wasn't expecting the RPG system to be remotely as good as Final Fantasy is (IMO), but it would be a refreshing change regardless.

Too bad it kept crashing after every other mission (which I solved after a few months and much angst). Anyway, I felt the combination of bishoujo/ero and RPG wasn't all that great in this game. Despite its non-linearity, repeating the same dungeons several times (to get all the girls' endings) wasn't all that fun since the RPG system is pretty primitive (aka boring). Also, the different girls' events tended to be a little too short for the amount of work you had to do before getting them. By all means, they weren't bad or anything, just too few and too short (mostly).

I hold greater hopes for Shield Gun Warrior SAKIGAKE. I'm not saying Brave Soul was bad, quite the contrary; I did enjoy it. But I know it can be done better, and I'm hoping we'll see that not too far into the future.

Last edited by AG3; 2004-06-16 at 11:59. Reason: Shield Gun, not Gun Shield.
AG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 11:09   Link #62
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
You don't seem to know the difference between censored and uncensored
If a non h-version is released, they'll just cut all the h-scene and that's not really called censoring
As for my current favorite h-game it would be Turupeta, I have something for rpgs
Actually, what I meant was that for it to be sold in most retail outlets, it would require them to remove all h-content, otherwise you're not going to find it on the shelves anywhere. I know that a lot of ero games released here are uncensored with the removal of mosaic, but I have yet to see them sold in any brick & mortar store.

What I am trying to get at is that there's too many forces in high places in the states that keeps things like this from getting sold.

And AG3, feeding the trolls could probably be more fruitful than leaving them alone, especially when they show the total lack of intelligence by making asinine posts :P
Old 2004-06-18, 05:32   Link #63
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
Actually, what I meant was that for it to be sold in most retail outlets, it would require them to remove all h-content, otherwise you're not going to find it on the shelves anywhere. I know that a lot of ero games released here are uncensored with the removal of mosaic, but I have yet to see them sold in any brick & mortar store.

What I am trying to get at is that there's too many forces in high places in the states that keeps things like this from getting sold.

And AG3, feeding the trolls could probably be more fruitful than leaving them alone, especially when they show the total lack of intelligence by making asinine posts :P
I was just pointing out on the fact that it wasn't really censoring
As for selling the games, most companies that are translating those sorts of games can sell them online, that's what the Internet is for
Old 2004-06-18, 22:22   Link #64
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
As for selling the games, most companies that are translating those sorts of games can sell them online, that's what the Internet is for
That is correct but the thing with that is you need a Credit Card and the wait can be annoying.But if you have patience and a credit card to use then your fine.Remember people you can also order stuff online and not just count on stores.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 01:09   Link #65
Saber
イバー

Anyone here played Fate/Stay Night? The fighting scenes r sooo cool. But the game has only very little H, 95% r fighting and running and summoning.
The url is: www.typemoon.com/fate
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 03:28   Link #66
EvoSpace

Send a message via AIM to EvoSpace Send a message via MSN to EvoSpace
My all time favorite is Utawarerumono. It just has a perfect combination of story, characters, artworks, and even gameplay to my likes. It would have been a perfect game only if it had voice...

Then my favorite genre is the darker action adventures like Tsukihime, Fate / Stay Night, Demon Bane, and Phantom of Inferno. I also recently played a demo of a game called Paradise Lost; thought it was awesome.

And some of the classics I loved are:
Dragon Knight 4, Eve Burst Error. Kizuato, Moon, Wordsworth, Toujin Toshi 2
EvoSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 04:45   Link #67
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

For me right now, as with most Japanese ero-gamers, are highly anticipating NekoNeko-Soft's newest game "Lamune" (http://www.din.or.jp/~nekoneko/game.htm) which will be due out next month...
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 09:49   Link #68
Saber
イバー

Anyone know if there will be a second volume to Fate/Stay Night, i really disliked the True End.
Old 2004-06-19, 10:51   Link #69
dont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
Anyone know if there will be a second volume to Fate/Stay Night, i really disliked the True End.
i think the end is good

wanna be a hero? wanna save everyone? that's impossibile

you cant save sakura and saber together.....
dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 21:57   Link #70
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Well I just finished up Snow Drop...good strong story, a bit more repetitive than I would've liked, but overall the game itself isn't too bad.

I loved the OP/ED and the seiyuu's fit the characters nicely. Be warned, h-scenes aren't really that high in quantity until you start getting the "True" days. I believe there's only 4 sets of true H-scenes, the rest would go towards the more high-end ecchi.

But at least it's consentual and fitting to the story And the two totally seperate "Best" endings really contrast one-another.

I've got Kana and Chain up on deck to try out...I'm more of the story-driven ero player if you haven't already noticed H-scenes are the just not the top of my must have list :P
Old 2004-06-20, 03:05   Link #71
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
Actually, I liked that end. Artoria finally had her peace and it could've been better than any other way. Granted it isn't a happy ending for Shiro, but it is a true end much like it was in Tsukihime. True ends are not necessarily happy like in Hollywood.

In a sense though, if TYPE-MOOn decides to do a fan disk like Kagetsu-Touya (which i am certain they will), they will do it from the perspective of Rin's Happy End since that is the ending where (except for Iria) everyone is happy and alive.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 03:44   Link #72
Saber
イバー

Never cared about Sakura or Rin in anyway, just totally loathed the scene that i had to kill Saber with my own hands, man that hurt that hell.
kj1980: sorry if i talk a retard, but what is a fan disk?
Old 2004-06-20, 04:02   Link #73
DingoEnderZOE2

A game Disc made by fans Maybe? Or maybe a special version of a game made especially for the fans because of popular demand? I think its one of those. Kj or someone else will have to confirm thou.
Old 2004-06-20, 04:18   Link #74
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
A game Disc made by fans Maybe? Or maybe a special version of a game made especially for the fans because of popular demand? I think its one of those. Kj or someone else will have to confirm thou.
It would be more like the second one I guess
I don't think fan could make a game anyway or else they should start their own company
Old 2004-06-20, 05:45   Link #75
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Actually I think a lot of the stuffs in a fan-disk could be fan-made. Like little stories written and submitted by fans and some art drawn by fans. Those stuffs are mostly not counted as official thus there could be some very stupid and/or hilarious things inside

For Fate/stay night, all hail to Sasaki Kojiro!
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 06:41   Link #76
Saber
イバー

If it's made by fans, then IMO, it wouldnt worth much...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
For Fate/stay night, all hail to Sasaki Kojiro!
Step aside, i rule. ;P
Old 2004-06-20, 08:37   Link #77
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Heh, to bring some levity to this thread again....literally just finished Kana and I'm really wondering why these style games have got to have the best storylines. The depth and connection within Kana has done what only KGNE has ever done to me, actually caused me to sit here bawling like a 3 year old....

I don't know, maybe I'm a glutton for punishment for these types of things...despite the obvious 'incest' issues with this game I'd so love to see something more come of this story...kinda like Kanon and KGNE's success. Hell, even that issue isn't overdrawn in this game as most and it doesn't seem as the wrong taboo...I find myself feeling quite odd by lessening that issue :P

Anyways, for anyone who hasn't played Kana, if you can withstand the emotional torment of it, I suggest playing it.
Old 2004-06-20, 09:06   Link #78
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
Heh, to bring some levity to this thread again....literally just finished Kana and I'm really wondering why these style games have got to have the best storylines. The depth and connection within Kana has done what only KGNE has ever done to me, actually caused me to sit here bawling like a 3 year old....

I don't know, maybe I'm a glutton for punishment for these types of things...despite the obvious 'incest' issues with this game I'd so love to see something more come of this story...kinda like Kanon and KGNE's success. Hell, even that issue isn't overdrawn in this game as most and it doesn't seem as the wrong taboo...I find myself feeling quite odd by lessening that issue :P

Anyways, for anyone who hasn't played Kana, if you can withstand the emotional torment of it, I suggest playing it.

Hmmm is Kana that sad? I heard theres no voiceovers in the game at all and to me hearing the emotion behind the voices combined with the music and Melodys adds to the drama in these types of game. But if theres good music in the game that would still make me feel sad then thats good enough. Oh that reminds me wasn't there supposed to be a X-box version of Kana coming out? Whatever happened to it?
Old 2004-06-20, 09:13   Link #79
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Hmmm is Kana that sad? I heard theres no voiceovers in the game at all and to me hearing the emotion behind the voices combined with the music and Melodys adds to the drama in these types of game. But if theres good music in the game that would still make me feel sad then thats good enough. Oh that reminds me wasn't there supposed to be a X-box version of Kana coming out? Whatever happened to it?
Well it's sad if you pay attention to the expressions, the lack of verbal dialog does hinder it a bit, but getting past that reading the words while noticing the visible expressions, all backed up by a very grabbing score...it worked.

As for the X-Box version, yes, there is one out somewhere, I saw it on a site the other day while I was in seach of the OST for it....The music alone is what I think did it for me with the lack of verbal dialog.
Old 2004-06-20, 10:07   Link #80
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Hmmm.....I've only played 2 H games in my whole life and they were all stupid and boring.

X-change and Tokimeki Check-IN...I'm sorry to offend the people who liked them...I just find the girls totally unattractive and the story extremely lame and cheesy. Flame me if you want it's my opinion anyways your flames wont change what I think.

After I've seen the Tsukihime anime I was a bit surprised that an anime based on an H game could have such a great story (although I find quite a few plot holes and all). So i started to pay attention to H games again.

Unfortunately I could never find the Tsukihime game....so i gave up and started to look for Fate/Stay Night.

How do you play Fate/Stay Night? Is it like...another one of those click and read games (like X-change) or is like....RPG? Action? Is the story spectacular or is it just lots of fight and very little H scenes? Is it licensed...? Would it be illegal if I asked where you find your copy?
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel