AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-04-22, 14:53   Link #21
Breimn

Just finished reading, as expected shit ending where MC chooses worst girl.
Any side heroine would have been better.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 15:55   Link #22
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

no yandere harem?
Old 2017-04-22, 16:16   Link #23
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
no yandere harem?
Spoiler for raw:
Old 2017-04-22, 17:57   Link #24
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

How many girl goes after him ?
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 18:19   Link #25
Breimn

Quite a lot. Those with names are maybe around 10?But dozenz more willing to have a night affair.
Old 2017-04-22, 20:42   Link #26
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Quite a lot. Those with names are maybe around 10?But dozenz more willing to have a night affair.
Da hell , why he have so many goes after him ?

I just have a flashback of those awful harem series ....
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 22:23   Link #27
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Just finished reading, as expected shit ending where MC chooses worst girl.
Any side heroine would have been better.
Elaborate please
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 22:25   Link #28
Indalecio
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Indalecio Send a message via AIM to Indalecio Send a message via Yahoo to Indalecio
Quote:
spoiler please
Indalecio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 23:08   Link #29
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
That doesn't even count as flimsy. We have no evidence he was especially stupid before 5, and even if he was there's no reason to let the servants bully him for it. It's like everyone was just born with this unreasonable hatred without a source.

It reads like a bad self-pity from the author.
I thought that I mentioned the "evidence" that the servants used? Yeah, I did. They didn't start bullying him due to him being "stupid", but because they dislike his parents behaviour and used him as a target for their frustration. The servants came to the conclusion that he's stupid due to the fact that he always seemed to forget about the bullying shortly afterwards. After all, what intelligent person wouldn't remember a grudge from literally five minutes ago? Basically, they came to the conclusion that he has major memory problems and used that as an excuse to take their frustration at his parents out on him.

As for the parents, they have one son who avoids his teachers and thus doesn't learn, while also having a second son who listens to his teachers and is thus regularly praised as a genius. Assuming that they have an inbuilt bias to the second son (due to the second being cuter, becoming annoyed at the first son crying so often, the first son being born from a different person than the second son's mother but still having to be recognised as the first son, or whatever actual reason) that could be enough to want to write him off completely.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-22, 23:30   Link #30
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
I thought that I mentioned the "evidence" that the servants used? Yeah, I did. They didn't start bullying him due to him being "stupid", but because they dislike his parents behaviour and used him as a target for their frustration. The servants came to the conclusion that he's stupid due to the fact that he always seemed to forget about the bullying shortly afterwards. After all, what intelligent person wouldn't remember a grudge from literally five minutes ago? Basically, they came to the conclusion that he has major memory problems and used that as an excuse to take their frustration at his parents out on him.

As for the parents, they have one son who avoids his teachers and thus doesn't learn, while also having a second son who listens to his teachers and is thus regularly praised as a genius. Assuming that they have an inbuilt bias to the second son (due to the second being cuter, becoming annoyed at the first son crying so often, the first son being born from a different person than the second son's mother but still having to be recognised as the first son, or whatever actual reason) that could be enough to want to write him off completely.
I wasn't talking about what evidence his servants used, but why the family allowed it. They can't be that ignorant and it's basically hurting their own prestige.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 02:27   Link #31
Darius Drake

^ The mother and father had already decided that the first son was an idiot while the second son was a genius due to the first son skipping classes while the second learnt well from them. Basically, their excuse was that they had already written him off as useless. Also, remember, these are the people who completely abused their authority to take and take and take to the point where a significant amount of their vassals left for "greener pastures". The prestige loss from writing off a son early is actually not all that significant compared to having their vassals quit. Particularly if they, as they have been doing, state to the world that he's a useless individual.

Basically, due to writing him off as useless before he had to be officially introduced to noble society, their potential loss of prestige would be, theoretically, minimised. They just need a reason to have disliked him enough to be willing to write him off (as I said before, this is actually unknown to me. It could be something as minor as him being a noisy baby while his brother was quiet. It could be something as major as him being born to a theoretical first wife of his father who died from childbirth while the current wife is the second wife and the brother is her son. Alternatively, in the same vein of that theory, he could be the son of a mistress and, due to him being born first is still supposed to inherit. If there is an actual in-universe reason why they were willing to write him off easily, I don't believe that we're ever told).
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 02:54   Link #32
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Elaborate please
Spoiler for end:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indalecio View Post
spoiler please
Spoiler for raw:
Old 2017-04-23, 03:40   Link #33
Indalecio
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Indalecio Send a message via AIM to Indalecio Send a message via Yahoo to Indalecio
Spoiler for raw:

How about Cattleya, Lilim, Sophina, and Aileen?
Indalecio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 03:47   Link #34
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Spoiler for end:
What is this shit? Not even romance at the end?
And I thought Sevens' harem ending was bad...
Shit author is shit
Old 2017-04-23, 04:02   Link #35
Breimn

Theorically he is in love with worst girl(and she loves him back )but she doesnt appear in the ending at all. No info on wheter they married at all .No, you only see him continuing to happily work as dragoon reading letters from his friends.
And then a few hundred years timeskip to his dragon's POV
Spoiler for raw:
Old 2017-04-23, 04:23   Link #36
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Theorically he is in love with worst girl(and she loves him back )but she doesnt appear in the ending at all. No info on wheter they married at all .No, you only see him continuing to happily work as dragoon reading letters from his friends.
And then a few hundred years timeskip to his dragon's POV
Spoiler for raw:
Just blow my brain out
Old 2017-04-23, 07:23   Link #37
Golan

Quote:
Spoiler for end:

Spoiler for raw:
Mother***ing idiot author then.. Instant drop, too bad I quite liked some of the girls but hey, can't stand this sh*t ending thing.. Thank you for helping me avoid yet another sh*t ending

In a perfect world there would be a yoraikun translator (unbelievable pace) that translates stories with decent romance.. just some wishful thinking

Last edited by Golan; 2017-04-23 at 07:26. Reason: Wishful thinking
Golan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 07:32   Link #38
Breimn

Sevens(same author and translated by yorai) was nice, especially the girls relationships . Fina was the closest to those yandere and is reason i liked her(plus her being literally the only girl whose personality was properly developed in novel) .
The antique weapon novel (same translator different author) which yorai stopped translating to translate dragoon seemed better., not sure since i only read the parts translated at the moment. Probably with it being SF it was harder to translate and so yorai chose something easier?
Old 2017-04-23, 16:58   Link #39
mors86

In the last (pre-epilogue) chapter Rudel mentions:

Spoiler:

So I'm choosing to believe he has/will soon have gotten married to
Spoiler:

The winning ship was pretty clear-cut at the end, and I was fine with it. The only reasonable contender (as in, Rudel was actually aware of their carnal intentions) was
Spoiler:
, and Rudel skipped past her because marrying her
Spoiler:

Now if the other heroines had actually put up a decent fight... which is kind of the author's fault. But thing is, this isn't a harem story at its core, so not having a harem end is not actually a fault. It's a coming-of-age fantasy story, and I'm quite alright with that.
mors86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 17:36   Link #40
Breimn

Problem is Izumi literally felt like a side heroine, just like all the others Fina excluded.
Author did not develop her much.
Even the 2 former fiances felt more relevant.
Author changed Sevens a lot in LN so i hope he fixes this novel too.

Tags
hard-working mc, honest mc, understimated mc, weak become strong