AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-04-23, 15:41   Link #101
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Sometimes it can happen, that the CPU fries (btw. that is not reversible then... only a new CPU can help). But thats just one of many possible things... how about trying a second Windows installation on the same system and if it still is all laggy.... then you might want to panic.
Old 2007-04-23, 19:52   Link #102
tritoch

I literally grabbed the room fan and fanned my laptop down. The thing was running at the danger levels temperature-wise. I managed to lower my harddrive temperature by 15 degrees but the system is still running at danger levels eventhough it feels cool enough.

The lag subsided for now but it still spikes whenever I run 3+ programs (normally i could run 5-6 with slight slowdowns.. now 5 is impossible with the lag)

I should save for a newer computer. This thing is 2 years old and I think I've done enough punishment on it. (in 2 years, roughly 26 days are its rest time .. its been running nonstop)
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 22:42   Link #103
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Azureus eats up the CPU like crazy, not to mention it's very tempermental with AIM 6. That's why although my friend seems to love Azureus and got me to try it, I'm sticking with uTorrent.

Sometimes, the CPU reacts when the RAM is dying as well. Imagine the hard drive as a filing cabinet, the RAM as a desk, the applications as folders in the hard drive, and the CPU as you. Now, you have to pull out the file and place it on the desk to work on it. If the desk was to fail or deteriorate, you start to make adjustments so that you can get your job done while dealing with the desk. Well, that's one way to look at it anyways...

It sounds like your laptop is suffering from all kinds of problems... Buying a new one would be advisable.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 22:26   Link #104
toru310

I'm not sure if I'm going to make another thread but here goes...I have 11gb of files and I want to transfer them to the other hard disk..Should I transfer it 1by1 or I'll just transfer the whole folder? what's the wisest why?
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 01:16   Link #105
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
The entire folder, unless you want to take the extra time to drag them one by one. By dragging over the entire folder, it copies over everything on it's own. All you have to do is wait and let it get done, which could take a while.
Old 2007-04-26, 01:53   Link #106
toru310

Is the ram used in file transfer as well? So what if you have 2 bad rams and you transfer files from hard drive to hard drive will some files get corrupted..

Let's say 256 ram is totally bad 512 ram has some bad chips or what so ever..

This thread will never die..hehe

Side topic: I burned all my files in a dvd so that I can make a back up but when I placed it in the dvd rom it can't be detected so I think the dvd cd is broken.pretty weird because I burned it and it went all the way...it even say burn complete...
Old 2007-04-26, 02:11   Link #107
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

That's a possibility, yes. Actually, it's the processor/CPU that gets affected the most, considering that that's what's doing all the work. A bad RAM going out in the middle of the transfer can cause a corruption the current file if the CPU is thrown off from what it was currently doing. (Which was copying a file.)

Side topic: If the DVD is saying it's got free space, then it didn't get burned properly. Try again. Else, it's a dead DVD. It happens once in a while.
Old 2007-04-26, 03:41   Link #108
toru310

Aw so my files(.rar) can get corrupt even with cut paste? If it has a bad ram..

And I will be transferring all 10gb of my files to the other drive..I have a 512ram with not bad chips and my processor is 2.66ghz..This might sound weird but how long will the files transfer be?..
Old 2007-04-26, 04:09   Link #109
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migufuchi Fusutsu View Post
Aw so my files(.rar) can get corrupt even with cut paste? If it has a bad ram..
They can get corrupted (RAM is the buffer for everything in your PC, and even so called direct writes between two disks at least utilize the RAM (I just wonder why this is of importance to you... I mean, I thought you said you solved the RAM problem)? Its just a question of if the faulty parts of the RAM where used in the copy process. If yes is the answer, well that is really bad luck then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migufuchi Fusutsu View Post
And I will be transferring all 10gb of my files to the other drive..I have a 512ram with not bad chips and my processor is 2.66ghz..This might sound weird but how long will the files transfer be?..
Depends on the speed of the drive... let's say 10-15 minutes for semi fragmented data.
Old 2007-04-26, 06:09   Link #110
toru310

Ok ill manage with that time some how...Yeah my ram is fixed but I moved my files to the other hard drive when I still got those 2 bad rams intact.. curses!

Edit: I'm getting confuse what's the best way to transfer files cut paste or copy paste? hehe

Edit: After I transfer all my files I'll be reformatting my pc any advise? Oh yeah I think this might happen after you installed your windows your slave drive might not appear? is that possible? even if the drive is not dead?? I'm extremely paranoid.. which is bad..

Last edited by toru310; 2007-04-26 at 21:13.