AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2007-05-23, 17:45   Link #1
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

"unresponsive script" error in Firefox

I've been getting this error rather often today. Usually I never see it, but today it's come up half a dozen times, and at various times of day. When I look at the list of scripts in AdBlock Plus, I don't see any that aren't related to vBulletin. I was wondering whether AdBlock was blocking either the server on which the script resides, or some object that the script needed (cf. googlesyndication). I never see any of the ads on AS, so I don't know whether that's where the problem lies, or whether it's just a problem with slow transfers for whatever reason so that the script times out.

Firefox 1.5.0.10 on Fedora Core 6 and a 6/1 Mbit Comcast connection (so I don't think speed is the issue).
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 18:04   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Seiji you shouldn't be seeing ads on the forum regardless if you use an add-blocker or not.
Some time ago, there were some severe issues caused by certain adds. For instance one add managed to block access to the user CP. Since then, to solve the problem GHD made it so if you're an active member an such you won't see any adds on animesuki forum.

-------------------------------------------
I suppose this unresponsive script thing you mentioned is something like stalling. Correct?!. I think I've gotten errors like that, if you can call them errors, ever since I can remember. Basically you either try to edit or sometimes even in some basic operations like posting and it just stalls, just won't complete it. It is rare however. I'm using Opera BTW.

(sometimes it might complete the operation requested but you would still see it as stalled, on your end)
Old 2007-05-24, 00:23   Link #3
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Firefox 1.5.0.10 on Fedora Core 6 and a 6/1 Mbit Comcast connection (so I don't think speed is the issue).
Would updating to Firefox 2.0 help solve this problem?

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 01:57   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
This doesn't seem to be correct.
When I scroll down to the bottom of the page, I can see some adds, even though I'm registered... and I have an ad blocker.
Those are just text adds.
They pose no threat. Sheesh~
Old 2007-05-24, 02:01   Link #5
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I've never had an ad spam me for a while now from anime suki other than the texted ad on the bottom of the main forum section page.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 08:46   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Would updating to Firefox 2.0 help solve this problem?
I don't think so. I've used this version of Firefox for a long time now and never encountered the "unresponsive script" error so frequently until yesterday. That's the only reason that I posted about it, because I wondered if it was a symptom of some change the admins had made to our vBulletin implementation. If so, I thought it was worth mentioning.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote