AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-12, 01:33   Link #6261
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
It's the novel adaptation of Char's Counterattack, and I believe that it was supposed to be one of the earlier drafts for CCA, and is known for introducing the Hi-Nu Gundam (a more compete version of the Nu Gundam).

AFAIK, in the novel, Amuro and Beltorchika had a child.

Supposedly, Tomino planned to have Beltorchika in CCA, but after he was denied by Sunrise, she was replaced by Chan Agi.
Well, I know what it is. I meant, what is the significance of that particular work to a new character in CE be related to both Kira and Flay?

Beltorchika having Amuro's child wouldn't have been a surprising development, unlike having someone be related to both Kira and Flay.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 01:35   Link #6262
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... please don't tell me this is the "Was Flay pregnant?" thing again.
Old 2013-04-12, 01:52   Link #6263
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... please don't tell me this is the "Was Flay pregnant?" thing again.
It is. But I highly doubt it's even possible for a baby to be delivered prematurely at that point...unless

Spoiler for unless:

but really? It's impossible
Old 2013-04-12, 02:11   Link #6264
monster

Forget Rau, Flay would've noticed if she was pregnant with Kira's child while she was still on the Archangel. (Well, I guess there may be a chance that she won't, but most likely she would've.)
Old 2013-04-12, 16:11   Link #6265
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
It is. But I highly doubt it's even possible for a baby to be delivered prematurely at that point...unless

Spoiler for unless:

but really? It's impossible
It is the CE timeline, where you can survive a point-blank shot from an antimatter beam (Mu), or survive an MS destruction while inside (Andrew, minus an arm and an eye, and Kira, the latter thrice).

Then again, they were either Coordinators or Newtypes.

It's also where The Impossible Can Become Possible.
Old 2013-04-12, 16:27   Link #6266
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Forget Rau, Flay would've noticed if she was pregnant with Kira's child while she was still on the Archangel. (Well, I guess there may be a chance that she won't, but most likely she would've.)
Ok I'm going to play devils advocate for the heck of it.

Who said she didn't know about it? She seemed rather adamant about staying with the Archangel then trying to get back at JOSHUA. She also started crying when Natarle suggested the events of Boaz would continue. Not to mention she really wanted to get back to the archangel/Kira after realizing he was the pilot of the freedom.

Sure we don't see the physical manifestation of her pregnancy. But that could be due to camera angle and such. That or Rau being the bastard he is had it removed after he realized she was pregnant and who the daddy was.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 16:43   Link #6267
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Up until he killed her, Rau had been nothing but a perfect gentleman to Flay, and if she did have a child forcibly removed from her, she would've been a much worse wreck afterwards. So even as Devil's Advocate, that argument falls flat. :V
Old 2013-04-12, 16:52   Link #6268
S.Freedom

Yeah I know, I'm just throwing out wild as h%ll speculation with no biases. It's something of a hobby to find the least likely scenario and advocate the possibility of it happening. As unlikely as most of it usually is.
Old 2013-04-13, 01:41   Link #6269
quagmire

Not to mention the punch to the gut at the Alaska HQ by Rau would probably cause Flay to have a miscarriage....
quagmire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 01:43   Link #6270
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
Who said she didn't know about it?
She did: by not talking about it. I don't see Flay as being the type of person who would keep something like that a secret.
Old 2013-04-13, 01:59   Link #6271
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Not to mention the punch to the gut at the Alaska HQ by Rau would probably cause Flay to have a miscarriage....
I instantly had a mental image flash of the falcon punch abortion meme while reading this XD

Ok that was horrible......but still funny lawl (Im so going to hell for this xD)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 11:45   Link #6272
S.Freedom

@monster True enough I suppose.

I'm just not entirely sure considering how mentally screwed up she was at the time. Because lets be honest, after seeing her dad go kaboom she wasn't exactly the most sane person on the archangel. And the combo of realizing she actually cared for Kira and his apparent death afterwards likely didn't help matters. So mentioning she had Kira's kid in the oven likely didn't occur to her.

(again I'm just playing devils advocate)
Old 2013-04-13, 14:00   Link #6273
monster

Quote:
I'm just not entirely sure considering how mentally screwed up she was at the time. Because lets be honest, after seeing her dad go kaboom she wasn't exactly the most sane person on the archangel. And the combo of realizing she actually cared for Kira and his apparent death afterwards likely didn't help matters. So mentioning she had Kira's kid in the oven likely didn't occur to her.
Well, her spoiled rich kid personality would've made sure Kira takes responsibility, her manipulative personality would've made sure Kira feels bound to her, and being lonely, I think it would've also driven her to tell Kira, especially if she had started to care for him.
Quote:
(again I'm just playing devils advocate)
Sure.
Old 2013-04-13, 14:13   Link #6274
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, I'm with monster on this. While Flay was severely messed up, her personality and actions would've lent her to notifying Kira of the theoretical child's existence.
Old 2013-04-13, 18:06   Link #6275
sky black swordman

Quote:
Ok I'm going to play devils advocate for the heck of it.

Who said she didn't know about it? She seemed rather adamant about staying with the Archangel then trying to get back at JOSHUA. She also started crying when Natarle suggested the events of Boaz would continue. Not to mention she really wanted to get back to the archangel/Kira after realizing he was the pilot of the freedom.

Sure we don't see the physical manifestation of her pregnancy. But that could be due to camera angle and such. That or Rau being the bastard he is had it removed after he realized she was pregnant and who the daddy was.
Was Rau even aware of their relationship (Kira and Flay), to knew who the father of the baby (if he/she existed) was?
Old 2013-04-13, 19:57   Link #6276
S.Freedom

@sky black swordsman Well no he was never shown to be aware of the relationship between Kira/Flay. I just would not be surprised if he managed to pull it out of her. Or that she let slip his name in some way or another.

@monster/Rising Dragon Yeah I know it's highly unlikely she would've kept her mouth shut about something like that. Just throwing things out there.

I just wish she had survived and stuff.

Last edited by S.Freedom; 2013-04-13 at 21:39.
Old 2013-04-13, 19:59   Link #6277
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You and me both. A relationship with Lacus would be infinitely more boring than a relationship with Flay, stability be damned! :V
Old 2013-04-13, 21:45   Link #6278
S.Freedom

I'd actually be interested in how the dynamic between Kira, Lacus, and Flay would work.

I'd like to think Flay would have joined Orbs military as a pilot. Just to bring that aspect of Seeds early draft into play.
Old 2013-04-13, 21:47   Link #6279
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I'd actually be interested in how the dynamic between Kira, Lacus, and Flay would work.

I'd like to think Flay would have joined Orbs military as a pilot. Just to bring that aspect of Seeds early draft into play.
If Flay survived? Well, I imagine there'd be quite a bit of guilt on Flay's side of things, but the two of them have a common ground by then. I think Flay would feel like she's walking on eggshells for a while, at least.
Old 2013-04-13, 22:10   Link #6280
Destined_Fate

If Flay survived... She may have just let Kira go anyway if he showed that he loved Lacus.

Which didn't really seem to be there in SEED at all, he just seemed to idolize her in a non-romantic way. Especially when you consider that Athrun totally made out with Cagalli while Kira wouldn't even let Lacus kiss him on her lips or say that he loved her. That and he was desperately trying to get Flay back as well...

Hmm..

Would have been very interesting if Flay had survived.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep