AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-07, 10:52   Link #1041
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
It'd be true tsuntsun if he'd left off the "I kid" at the end. That's just being passive-aggressive.
Old 2009-07-07, 10:57   Link #1042
justavisitor

hmm ok, I will take out the "I kid" then?? and I am not sure I know the exact meaning of tsun tsun anyway, but I don't think aggressive is a good word, so I will take out the "I kid" part then..don't want to make my lame joke out of scale

Edit: just check the wikipeida and it seems like hmm how can I say it, I start to understand what Westlo is trying to say...damn I would rather be passive-aggressive than tsun tsun (if what I think is correct)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet

Last edited by justavisitor; 2009-07-07 at 11:09.
Old 2009-07-07, 10:59   Link #1043
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
*lols inwardly*

and on that note, I'm hitting the hay.
Old 2009-07-07, 11:09   Link #1044
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

justavisitor, I hate to tell you this, but quite frankly, your jokes... or your attempts at it... suck.

Or maybe they are a compensation for a point you failed to make? Although its not helping.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-07-07, 11:12   Link #1045
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
justavisitor, I hate to tell you this, but quite frankly, your jokes... or your attempts at it... suck.

- Tak
I know lol, but it's my "lame style" to try to write my comment in a not so serious way, because I don't want to cause too much hard feeling to others (unless of course, it's a very serious post then I will write my comment in a very serious way)...but ironically, sometimes the opposite effect happens and I am still trying to find a balance

I may as well use this chance to say something: Yes, I like to argue and I also like to make jokes, and sometimes (or most of the time by your standard XD) the joke is kind of lame, but hope you guys don't find it too offensive...it's certainly not my intention to make any personal attack or cause any hard feeling to other..I like to present my viewpoint because I want to see if my viewpoints are valid and I like to make joke/lame jokes to make my post have a more relaxed feeling, that's all
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-07-07, 11:55   Link #1046
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

C'mon guys, just leave justa alone He's misunderstood most of the time and it seems like English isn't his native language so it's pretty hard for him to explain exactly what he wants to say. Anyways, anything new regarding characters in the preview? Besides Sheryl's cowgirl outfit that is

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-07-07, 13:48   Link #1047
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Hey, I want news regarding Sheryl's cowgirl outfit too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
what is <cheesie|tuna>?? who is tuna ??
Basically, this:
Old 2009-07-07, 20:30   Link #1048
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Hey, I want news regarding Sheryl's cowgirl outfit too!

Basically, this:
It exists. What else do you really need to know?
Old 2009-07-08, 03:53   Link #1049
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Me want full clear shot of Sheriru's Cowgirl appearance. >_<
Old 2009-07-10, 18:02   Link #1050
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
July NT polls:
Male:
1. Edward Elric
2. Lelouch
3. Kyon
4. Tiera Erde
5. Date Masamune
6. Roy Mustang
7. Kira Yamato
8. Sakata Gintoki
9. Setsuna F Seiei
10. Tomoya Okazaki

Female:
1. C.C
2. Akiyama Mio
3. Hirasawa Yui
4. Suzumiya Haruhi
5. Riza Hawkeye
6. Sheryl Nome
7. Yuki Nagato
8. Lacus Clyne
9. Winry Rockbell
10. Kuniko Hojo

Ed finally topped Lelouch..

NT August Polls
Male
1. Kyon
2. Lelouch
3. Shinji Ikari
4. Edward Elric
5. Kira Yamato
6.Kaworu Nagisa
7.Sakata Gintoki
8.Roy Mustang
9.Setsuna F Seiei
10. Date Masamune
Female
1. Soryu Asuka Langley
2. Hirasawa Yui
3.Akiyama Mio
4. Ayanami Rei
5. Nagato Yuki
6. C.C.
7. Suzumiya Haruhi
8. Sheryl Nome
9. Riza Hawkeye
10. Kuniko Hojo

Lacus got knocked off the list
Old 2009-07-10, 18:12   Link #1051
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
Lacus got knocked off the list
About time CC gets knocked off by the legendary Asuka Shikinami!! Yeah, Haruhi isn't as hot as she used to be, while Kira actually advanced. Is that guy unstoppable or what? Anyway, its easy to get Lacus back on the list, just make some bogus announcement about the GSEED movie, and I bet she'd suddenly return to the no.1 spot.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-07-11, 09:19   Link #1052
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
NT August Polls
Male
1. Kyon
2. Lelouch
3. Shinji Ikari
4. Edward Elric
5. Kira Yamato
6.Kaworu Nagisa
7.Sakata Gintoki
8.Roy Mustang
9.Setsuna F Seiei
10. Date Masamune
I'm surprised Setsuna F Seiei made up on the list.
Old 2009-07-11, 09:56   Link #1053
Westlo
Lets be reality

Setsuna was top 3 for most of the last year. Since he's fairly plain as a character a few months after the Movie is finished he won't appear again.
Old 2009-07-11, 14:10   Link #1054
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

I'm surprised Kira Yamato is still on the list. Don't know exactly which part of his character deserves a place there. Sentiment I guess...

Good to see C.C. finally got kicked from the first spot. One of the most undeserved positions I've ever seen on that list. Then again, it's not a list of 'how good you think a character is' but which character makes you want to troll on message boards.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2009-07-11, 14:28   Link #1055
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
I'm surprised Kira Yamato is still on the list. Don't know exactly which part of his character deserves a place there. Sentiment I guess...
There are many, many good reasons for him to be still on-board.

How often do you see a completely decisive anime character? Seriously, his dedication to the cause and Lacus is beyond what Alto can remotely comprehend.

Being badass of course, is a bonus.

- Tak

Old 2009-07-11, 14:31   Link #1056
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
How often do you see a completely decisive anime character? Seriously, his dedication to the cause and Lacus is beyond what Alto can remotely comprehend.

- Tak
But most of the time Kira is dedicating himself to all the wrong reasons though.
Old 2009-07-11, 14:35   Link #1057
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
But most of the time Kira is dedicating himself to all the wrong reasons though.
Thats only your opinion.

- Tak

Old 2009-07-11, 14:41   Link #1058
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
There are many, many good reasons for him to be still on-board.

- Tak

Really? Although I must admit I dislike Seed/Destiny quite a lot I've seen both series a few times. Boredom sometimes makes you want to do most unpredictable things.

Kira was somewhat interesting in Seed. I admit boys must've found him interesting because of the whole Shinji Ikari, the sensitive pilot hype that was at it's peak back then. Still, I fail to notice anything remotely good about him. He made me more frustrated then Ranka ever managed to achieve. I'll skip the Destiny part and his 'badassness'. Don't even want to go near it.

Still can't find a better word for that then, well, sentiment. I know I'd vote for Shinji Ikari if I were the same fanboy I was a few years back.

Old 2009-07-11, 14:50   Link #1059
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
Still can't find a better word for that then, well, sentiment. I know I'd vote for Shinji Ikari if I were the same fanboy I was a few years back.
The problem here is that you are comparing two different characters with very different attitudes. Shinji Ikari remained a pushover, a passive individual who is oblivious to the duties he must assume. Even until the End of Evangelion he was still a pushover. Watching Shinji made me feel very, very, very, very, very frustrated as there were little shift of direction for his character.

Sure, Kira cried and bitched for a good part of SEED, exercised numerous self-doubts and got himself into very compromising situations. But that trend ended half way. He did eventually smarten up, made up his mind and utilized his power in ways that he think is right. You might not agree its always for the right reasons, but at least, at one point, he made up his mind and then never ventured away from it.

- Tak

Old 2009-07-11, 15:36   Link #1060
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Mm, I think so as well. I don't perceive Shinji Ikari as a character to 'like'. I find him interesting as a multilayered character that's a direct product of a man's psychological downfall and recuperation. He is extremely repulsive as an object of viewers affection and it's only natural. Then again, he's constructed in a way that's unattainable for any of his future mecha-anime clones.

Kira on the other hand bored the hell out of me. He's typical, so typical that I found myself rooting for his adversaries to put him out of his misery or at least add a bit of character to his character. Heck, I've even found Tolle more interesting sometimes. Don't hate me for this but I'll even go as far as to say that he's pretty flat/predictable and down straight forward. Sorry, this opinion may as well be dictated by my Uni Major.

Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite