AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-03, 20:29   Link #1
aiwa

Send a message via AIM to aiwa
Green Green

First off this is a great show, funny as heck and have to love the Ecchi gets kind of nasty with the Baka Trio sometimes (steam room scene *shudders*) But anyways i am wondering what everyone thinks the probability of it being licensed anytime soon is? I am kind of half and half on this one. It has some themes in it that some production companies that aren't H-anime companies will stay away from. But on the other hand it is so popular and funny and is only really ecchi, except with the Beat *shudders again*
aiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 20:35   Link #2
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiwa
First off this is a great show, funny as heck and have to love the Ecchi gets kind of nasty with the Baka Trio sometimes (steam room scene *shudders*) But anyways i am wondering what everyone thinks the probability of it being licensed anytime soon is? I am kind of half and half on this one. It has some themes in it that some production companies that aren't H-anime companies will stay away from. But on the other hand it is so popular and funny and is only really ecchi, except with the Beat *shudders again*
Well, actually, some of the stuff in the Green Green anime is even worse than anything the Green Green game had...

But I'd say that there's a very low probability that this one gets licensed, since so far most (I want to say all, but I'm not sure if there's one that I am not thinking of) h-game converted animes have not been licensed...
Old 2003-11-03, 20:38   Link #3
LynnieS

I wouldn't say that no company will license "Green Green" just yet, though. "Mouse" was licensed eventually, and I thought it was more... peculiar than GG

BTW, thanks, aiwa, for reminding me of the steam room scene. I now have to go and scrub my eyeballs out with steel wool as a result.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 20:41   Link #4
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Well, actually, some of the stuff in the Green Green anime is even worse than anything the Green Green game had...

But I'd say that there's a very low probability that this one gets licensed, since so far most (I want to say all, but I'm not sure if there's one that I am not thinking of) h-game converted animes have not been licensed...
ya if they had the bear scene *shutters* in the game im kinda wondering how eveyone thought of that partivular part.
|Aion| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 20:58   Link #5
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Whats with the animals in that forest, bears, monkeys, whats next a fly rhino?
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-03, 22:36   Link #6
Brass Torin
Inactive Member

We're having an anime showing at the local University sponsored by Bandai and they will be showing the OVA... so this may be an indication that Bandai will be picking up the series. Has anyone here played the game? Is the story different from either the OVA or the tv series?

On another note... I love this show! It is probably my favourite romantic comedy aside from Love Hina. It has an American Pie/Porky's kind of feel to it doesn't it?
Brass Torin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 09:16   Link #7
Wolfwood2970

i love this show and all but i highly doubt it will get licenced at all for stuff that is actually in the series....

Green Green is really ecchi but it does have the romance stuff in it too but not as much as the ecchi... o well i still like it and hope to see it until the end too bad there is only 12 episodes in the whole series (plus the ova)
Wolfwood2970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 13:28   Link #8
Ether
Simple Minded Idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by Brass Torin
On another note... I love this show! It is probably my favourite romantic comedy aside from Love Hina. It has an American Pie/Porky's kind of feel to it doesn't it?
I agree with you on that one Brass, it definetly has a sense of Porky's to it. This anime is funny as all hell although there are some parts in it that make me want to gouge my eyes out. (don't worry, we all know the scenes so theres no need to place any more unsightful images in our minds).

As for the likelihood of getting licensed, mmm that's really a 50/50 shot. The show is quite popular but i think the ecchi alone will be a hinderance to the possibility of a license. But then again there might be some companies who would bring it stateside like Bandai or ADV(since ADV specializes in animes starring scantilly clad women)

It's an amazing anime nonetheless and I would like to see it get licensed.

Last edited by Ether; 2003-11-04 at 13:40.
Ether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 15:05   Link #9
flohtingPoint
Limited Slip

Send a message via ICQ to flohtingPoint Send a message via AIM to flohtingPoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyWise
ya if they had the bear scene *shutters* in the game im kinda wondering how eveyone thought of that partivular part.
The bear rocked. I was like, "what in the world is he... oh wait... no... thats nasty..."
flohtingPoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-04, 17:56   Link #10
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Well... since the RAW's are already out, some of us already know whether the rest of GG will be terrible or better in terms of ecchiness...

but still... it's 'decent' [as in it's entertaining... NOT in a moral sense...no way in hell :-) ]
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-07, 22:17   Link #11
|Aion|
Hajime

Well episode 11 kinda had a sucky ending,i just want to see the last episode so i can get my craving over,Murabho is taking over the ecchi anime and GG is kinda getting old in my view.Just want to see all of it before im just "who gives a rats ass when the next ep is out"
Old 2003-11-07, 23:44   Link #12
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

After seeing Epi 11, most of the mystery about the series is answered like who exactly was Reika, why is she trying to stop Midori's relationship with Yuusuke and such. This was a very informative and one of more important episodes of this series. I actually like this episode and I liked 10 also prolly cus theirs more plot and some questions get answered which i've been dying to know since the begining.

Hmm, I heard that the series ends at 13, but animenfo doesnt say. Could their be a second season of Green Green. If they do make a second season I really hope they cut some of the ecchi crap out like the bear scene, thats just wrong. I really like this series so far I hope Midori and Yuusuke get to stay together at the end. :0
Old 2003-11-08, 02:13   Link #13
|Aion|
Hajime

well iguess that was a good thing about ep 11 was all the info it gave but otherwise i still think it sucked
Old 2003-11-08, 03:50   Link #14
karasu
ee.. nande?!

Send a message via AIM to karasu
Are you serious? I've been extremely uninterested in Green Green up until episode 11. In fact, aside from Episodes 1,2, 11, and 12, it's just a fan service/h-game tribute series.

Then, really, I guess if I want romantic drama I should just stick with Kimi ga nozomu eien, na?
karasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 09:23   Link #15
Xess
Go Suzuka!

Well, I admit that I'm a big fan of Green Green. All the eps have great comedy and always makes me feel better after watching them. Behind all the echhiness of this show, Green Green does actually have a pretty decent story and some great moments. I really enjoyed ep 11. So, I guess there's no hope for Futaba to be with Yuusuke eh?
Xess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 13:20   Link #16
Mao-Yenrai
Juppon Gatana

Send a message via AIM to Mao-Yenrai
Green Green 11 completely changes series?

I have to say in my opinion, green green 11 has completely changed the series. I was definately expecting some sort of cop out ending with midori and yuuske but the fact that in 10 they ended up kissing and him remembering is way earlier than I expected. Also they finally reveal Reika's identity since she was weird enough to be floating in that bath pool in all that light. All the other sides of the characters come out...even those retarded guys, like when ichiban boshi says to bacchi gu, you know we'd pick girls over friends also. I was just thorougly impressed with the spin on the typical harem anime. What do you guys think will happen/think of the episode? I say that yuuske was supposed to get with futaba if midori didn't show up and reika shows him that destiny or something like that. Hopefully they'll impress me again and not keep yuuske and midori together.
Mao-Yenrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 13:25   Link #17
Kenji Ikari
Lazy Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Kenji Ikari Send a message via MSN to Kenji Ikari
I loved episode 11. The best episode yet, IMO. The baka trio didn't get as out of hand as they usually did and Yuusuke actually had a personality. Not to mention they finally expalined what most of us were wondering since episode 1. To bad it ended as sort of a cliff-hanger. Can't wait for the next ep, though I'm sad it will be the last.
Kenji Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 13:44   Link #18
Teron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao-Yenrai
I have to say in my opinion, green green 11 has completely changed the series. ...

I say that yuuske was supposed to get with futaba if midori didn't show up and reika shows him that destiny or something like that. Hopefully they'll impress me again and not keep yuuske and midori together.
True, I think the last ep will be interesting =) Though I'll be happy as long as Yuusuke and Midori don't end up together since I've hated her since ep 1.
Teron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 14:21   Link #19
Keiichi

I have to say this is the best ep of the series thus far. I too want Yuusuke to end up with futuba but, I doubt its going to happen unfortunalty.
Keiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 14:34   Link #20
death
Otaku~desu

Send a message via AIM to death Send a message via MSN to death
I been saying i loved green green ever sence it started. this is a great anime and will be a great anime till its end! and ecchi is good, be being a guy it gives me something eles to look at :P. har har
death is offline   Reply With Quote