AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-11-11, 06:06   Link #2621
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Correct me if I'm wrong cause my memories hazy and I was actually thinking off rereading the whole thing but too busy... I thought those with goddesses have a weak runaway spirit inside them, so a lvl 4 in Yui would rule her out.
Old 2010-11-11, 07:19   Link #2622
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong cause my memories hazy and I was actually thinking off rereading the whole thing but too busy... I thought those with goddesses have a weak runaway spirit inside them, so a lvl 4 in Yui would rule her out.
Nope that's not the case or at the very least Diana never mentioned it to be the case. Also Tenri was never possessed by a weiss to begin with.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 08:08   Link #2623
Cassiopeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Nope that's not the case or at the very least Diana never mentioned it to be the case. Also Tenri was never possessed by a weiss to begin with.
And Kanon's runaway spirit was not weak compared to other girls'.

Last edited by Cassiopeia; 2010-11-11 at 09:00.
Cassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 09:14   Link #2624
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Anyone else miss Elsie from her current absence from the arc, I mean Hakua is great a typical tsunade character. At first I really liked the idea of having Hakua be more active but she does not give the same presence as Elsie. After the past few chapters I realized the few variations in the way Hakua acts which can get repetitive so I kinda liked the dynamic between Keima and Elsie better. I think I got so used to Elsie I never really never noticed the kind of feel she gave to the manga, she is probably one of the many reasons why I like this manga. She is such an important aspect to the manga.

You never know what you have until you lose them.
Old 2010-11-11, 10:54   Link #2625
Bombo
TSF Fans

Tbh
I want to end this arc asap..Why!?
Maybe girls "If" they didn't lose their memories again will fighting for keima and same with goddesses XD .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 11:57   Link #2626
tsunade666

well if he would turn into a demon and tried to use the harem route then their would surely be harem after the arc because the girls still retain the memories.

I think the characteristic of the run away spirit depends on the girls emotion. Just like how the vindece girl tried to cultivate a level 4 run away spirit inside hinoki and yui. The more the emotional problem the run away spirit or weiss grew stronger and levels up too.
Old 2010-11-11, 17:26   Link #2627
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
The bath incident was epic.

Great... Kami-sama will turn into Akuma, awesome.

And Shiori can still make it! Gogo Shiori, you're my goddess!
It's not "Akuma." It's "Oni". His line was that he would become an oni. Stupid translation choice by the scanlators who mixed up devil and demon before.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 17:43   Link #2628
Shadow5YA

It'd be funny if when this series ends, Keima ends up designing a game modelled after his adventures, titled the same as the series name. Then, years later his game becomes the greatest (and possibly longest) VN in the history of games.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 17:55   Link #2629
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It'd be funny if when this series ends, Keima ends up designing a game modelled after his adventures, titled the same as the series name. Then, years later his game becomes the greatest (and possibly longest) VN in the history of games.
I'd actually be pretty pleased with an ending like that . Though the way the past few chapters have been, i wouldn't mind Keima's current growth having something to do with the ending. Something more much then just him ending up with a girl.

Though i have no idea why we're talking about the ending, when it's clearly not in sight.
Old 2010-11-11, 20:31   Link #2630
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^It's not fun if we could already see the ending :///
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 20:50   Link #2631
tsunade666

maybe kami already see the ending when he decide to change mode
Old 2010-11-11, 23:34   Link #2632
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
^It's not fun if we could already see the ending :///
It's fun for the capturing god.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 00:32   Link #2633
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
It's not "Akuma." It's "Oni". His line was that he would become an oni. Stupid translation choice by the scanlators who mixed up devil and demon before.
"Devil" and "demon" are pretty much interchangeable in English. I'm sure there's some semantic difference somewhere (outside of D&D alignment), but in normal usage, they mean the same thing. And in Japanese, I believe both the New and Old Devils have been referred to as "akuma" (before Diana introduced "Weiss" to our vocabulary), which could be translated as either. "Oni" is different, though, since, while it can mean 'devil' or "demon", it is a much less generic term, and probably carries with it some cultural connotation for the current situation.
Old 2010-11-12, 00:54   Link #2634
Scy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Anyone else miss Elsie from her current absence from the arc, I mean Hakua is great a typical tsunade character. At first I really liked the idea of having Hakua be more active but she does not give the same presence as Elsie. After the past few chapters I realized the few variations in the way Hakua acts which can get repetitive so I kinda liked the dynamic between Keima and Elsie better. I think I got so used to Elsie I never really never noticed the kind of feel she gave to the manga, she is probably one of the many reasons why I like this manga. She is such an important aspect to the manga.

You never know what you have until you lose them.
The best parts of the last 3 chapters have all been from Haque. I am starting to prefer her so much from Elsie that I would rather she becomes Keima's permanent partner.
Scy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 01:17   Link #2635
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
"Devil" and "demon" are pretty much interchangeable in English. I'm sure there's some semantic difference somewhere (outside of D&D alignment), but in normal usage, they mean the same thing. And in Japanese, I believe both the New and Old Devils have been referred to as "akuma" (before Diana introduced "Weiss" to our vocabulary), which could be translated as either. "Oni" is different, though, since, while it can mean 'devil' or "demon", it is a much less generic term, and probably carries with it some cultural connotation for the current situation.
Since they had used "demon" and "devil" interchangeably before for "akuma", they could have chosen to use something else for "oni" lest you get people to start thinking he's trying to emulate a denizen of hell ie like the one gal who tried to kill Kanon. If the intention from the source was that akuma and oni be interchangeable, there should have been no reason to use oni instead of akuma as akuma would be more appropriate as an antithesis to kami. So for the sake of consistency and not confusing people, it would have been better if they used something else for oni here, even if they'd just romanize oni.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 02:42   Link #2636
eiyuu99

Like ogre?
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 07:15   Link #2637
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy View Post
The best parts of the last 3 chapters have all been from Haque. I am starting to prefer her so much from Elsie that I would rather she becomes Keima's permanent partner.
Perhaps we have different oppinions but I'd like to know what were the best parts from Hakua in the last 3 chapters.

EDIT: No offense to Hakua I love her as much as Elsie especially when she makes appearances but for a permenant partner I think Elsie has more interesting Dynamics because of their changing relationship rather than Hakua and Keima's static relationship.
Old 2010-11-12, 22:34   Link #2638
satomianzaki

^agreed...

more elsee please...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 00:30   Link #2639
tsunade666

theirs been a release for vol 5 omake. I think Tsukiyo has a high chance of being a goddess from it
Old 2010-11-13, 07:55   Link #2640
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

The spoiler for 122 came out and
Spoiler:
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen