AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

View Poll Results: Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 1 7.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 7.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 35.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 28.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 14.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 7.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2019-05-15, 23:45   Link #41
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
On what basis do you have that the other 3 heroes are going to act rationale (or wise up) on either during or after the battle? Sure, their lives are on the line, and can be killed if they're not careful, so it's fair to assume the other heroes will wise up and work together to make it out alive. However, there are also times that even if ones' life is in danger (or continues to be proven wrong), one would still continue their present behavior despite it not helping (and it doesn't help their case that they still kept that attitude even though they were in a life or death battle with the Soul Eater and/or Glass). So even if they'll get killed if they don't cooperate, are you sure that the other heroes are even rationale enough to comprehend that the situation they're in to drop their attitudes long enough to listen to each other (along with even if they do make it out, on what grounds do you have that the other heroes are going to even listen to the lectures that Naofumi is going to give them after the battle? What's stopping them from ignoring him again?

Because they were being rational is the entire reason they got attacked in the first place. They stopped buying into the lie long enough to investigate the Church and, as I pointed out, are reasonable enough to figure out "stab the guy who tried to kill us". Again, not complicated or rocket science.

And, as for his lecturing, it doesn't really matter if they listen or not after they deal with the main threat.

If they won't listen to him after that, so what? He doesn't even like the world or the people by his own admission, so if anything I'd expect him to split afterwards. Even if they did start listening to him, he hates them too much to show them any level of respect that would warrant anything beyond being acquatineces for them buying into the story they were told. That ship has sailed.

As long as the waves are dealt with and they work together when the time comes and aren't fighting each other, then its fine.They don't need to be friends or even like each other as long as they get the job done.

But besides that point, Ren has actively been listening, hence why he went to investigate the Church after Naofumi tipped him off and thanked him for dealing with the plague afterwards. As far as his characterization goes, he will listen.
Old 2019-05-15, 23:58   Link #42
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
The pacing of this episode was so unbelievably bad. I rated it a very very generous 6. I should have gone lower. They're in the middle of this huge fight, and they spend 5+ minutes talking and arguing, with the once in awhile magic blast just to remind us of the situation they're suppose to be in. Who greenlit this episode? The Pope should have been blasting them to hell and back during that entire episode.

I've been enjoying the show alot, but this episode... What a mess.
Old 2019-05-16, 01:40   Link #43
Lex79

Quote:
And, as for his lecturing, it doesn't really matter if they listen or not after they deal with the main threat.
You keep misunderstanding the pope as the main threat, while he is only a plot device. The threat are the waves and the previous episodes made absolutely clear that the current heroes have no chances to defeat them. So the priority is to get them to change their mindset in order to be able to truly cooperate, and that's what Naofumi is trying to do. And in order for that to be effective, he's doing that when they have no choice but listen.
Old 2019-05-16, 02:27   Link #44
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

This resolution isn't satisfying at all.
Old 2019-05-16, 03:25   Link #45
Arya

Wow. That was bad. That's how you make a resolution underwhelming. The timing, the tone and the heroes' reactions where all over the place. And this making the other hero's so unlikable just making them stupids doesn't work anymore.

Not that this episode shocked me, the show lost most of is edge already, still remaining entertaining, bar this episode. Hopefully we are past this point about how good Naofumi is and how bad the others are. The premise was very engaging, but it went downward. The other heroes are too caricatural to me.

Anyways, go Raphtalia go!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2019-05-16, 09:27   Link #46
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Thing is that while the other heroes are being rational in some respects, in others they're clearly not. Just look the way they hold themselves and talk when they say that at last all four will be fighting together, it's like they're playing their own badass soundtrack in their minds, convinced they're going to have a glorious fight. There's really no real sense of danger in their behavior at all, like they still see their victory as inevitable. I think this is a big part of the reason Naofumi ignored them. It's often not a good idea to entrust yourself to someone that cocky. Naofumi may have been wrong to go that far and that long in the middle of a battle, and he may be a jerk, but at the least he realizes that bad things can happen and that the enemy needs to be faced with caution as well as force.
Old 2019-05-17, 15:47   Link #47
Decel

That episode was crappy enough to make me drop the series.

God that was awful writing.
Old 2019-05-19, 16:59   Link #48
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

This series started out at full steam, but this episode was super weak....

I hope it isn't a sign of things to come.

Old 2019-05-19, 18:00   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
This series started out at full steam, but this episode was super weak....

I hope it isn't a sign of things to come.
The next episode can only be better. Let's hope this one was just an accident.

We haven't really talked about it but the Shadows were the ones that saved Ren and Itsuki and the Queen is apparently heading there with a punitive force. I hope the explanation for why she hasn't done jack until now will be rock solid. I'm still struggling to find a good one.
Old 2019-05-20, 20:49   Link #50
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The next episode can only be better. Let's hope this one was just an accident.

We haven't really talked about it but the Shadows were the ones that saved Ren and Itsuki and the Queen is apparently heading there with a punitive force. I hope the explanation for why she hasn't done jack until now will be rock solid. I'm still struggling to find a good one.
I'm supposing it'll come out that she's been doing what she has been specifically to unmask the traitors, since they probably wouldn't have made their move if the queen hadn't given them perceived room to maneuver. (With her being "conveniently" away from the capital all this time.) In that sense, basically the four heroes were all pawns -- she apparently even used Melty as a pawn to bring her close to Naofumi, probably knowing this would incite the church.

The questions after that are probably: 1) who all was "in" on the treachery, and 2) what happens after that. All this is going on and the waves are still a thing and Melomarc has still monopolized all the heroes. It's not the greatest time to be dealing with this degree of political unrest. (When the heroes aren't strong or united enough to save the world due to all this distraction, everyone will suffer.)

And yeah, like many, I couldn't buy the last episode because I don't really feel that sorry for Naofumi. He knew full-well that the other heroes were more ignorant victims than willful accomplices, but he still laid into them as if he were fault-free. Perhaps he felt better getting all his bitterness off his shoulders, but he just looked childish and petty. I just hope that, at some point, he'll get over his childish brooding and actually grow up. (Otherwise, he should just let the rest of his party do the talking for him. He may (arguably?) be the best of the four heroes they got, but he's not that big of a catch. In that sense, the pope isn't entirely wrong, even if he may be partly to blame for all this in the first place.)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2019-05-20 at 21:19.
Closed Thread