Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-17, 21:02   Link #821
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I think this was an extremely stupid move for even Suzuri to make. Sure she's rather airheaded and cheerful, but she knows what Rin has been through and what the White Rides did to her brother etc. I call this rather poor writing IMHO. I think the important thing here is that a large group of people saw the White Ride do this, didn't they?

Suzuri was foolish because she tried "being like Rin" despite her lack of riding skills, and the situation being far different now (at a protest, after ridebacks were outlawed) than when Rin did it. Which was apparent when she crested the hill and said "Sonna..." like she thought she was going to be a hero and it got cut short far sooner than she figured.
Suzuri was aspiring above her ability unfortunately and yes she is directly at fault for her own actions, but, no one but the reporter, Rin and Kenji know the severity of the actions that happened to Rin. They know about it but seeing is always different from being told about it, we're all armchair quarterbacks after the game.

Who's at fault aside, the resistance now has a martyr for better or for poor. Every revolution starts with death. This was an obvious mistake that the General thinks is minor. He's lost perspective of the situation and his 2nd in command knows it. Quite honestly, I'd worry more about the 2nd then Mr General and what she's strong arming the local government with.
Old 2009-03-17, 21:32   Link #822
anyme

May be it just an accident. The officer try to hit a ride back. Unfortunately, he's lack of skills and slices a girl into 2 pieces.

GGP then claims their responsibility and tell the world that even trained officer makes a mistake. So no ride back on the street.

END..............
anyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 21:58   Link #823
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Umm, I don't see much room for interpretation here... The ones at fault are the GGP, of course, by preventing obvious civil rights like riding a damn bike.

Rin's catharsis was also obvious, but it's also rather predictable that she'll finally realize who's really at fault here.

By the way, I found the "NO TCP/IP" information message quite funny. Come on, it's not a single protocol at all, and I'd find it rather hard to believe someone would come up with a different conceptualization for packet-based communications, even for a military agency. And of course, Okakura's lightning reverse-engineering of such a protocol. Still, for mass-media, it was rather cool to see some "realism" poured into their depiction of IT. And I'd love to have Okakura's IDE . Still, it doesn't top the extremely realistic depiction of UNIX in Mnemosyne.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 22:03   Link #824
fleng

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
You blame the world since Rideback exists right?
yes i do indeedly
fleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 23:33   Link #825
anyme

Since it has terrorist in the story, I think GGP do the right thing.

Ride back is a powerful robot not just a motorcycle. It simply swings their arms and one hit dead to human. Imagine that those ride back's riders form a simple stupid gang like Rin's brother did , casualty to all citizen.
Old 2009-03-18, 00:18   Link #826
Hedd
Random Object

Some pretty I happened to run across

Old 2009-03-18, 00:39   Link #827
Ingram

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Suzuri was unarmed when she climbed that hill.
She was unarmed as far as conventional weapons go, but a rideback can do serious damage when driven by someone who knows how to use one. If the GGP riders were (mis-)informed that they were indeed tailing the Rideback Shoujo, then they would consider Balon to be a weapon.

Quote:
Since the officer has more control over his rideback, he could do more than just shatter her skull/behead her.
The GGP officer had much more control than Suzuri had, and his methods were far too extreme when confronting an amateur rideback operator. Supervising GGP officers might have known that Suzuri was not Rin, but their riding officers probably were not informed (I don't know how much of their communications we were privy to).

Quote:
He really doesn't have a defense as Kiefer showed us how to take a rideback down in close quarters. In theory, that officer had similar training. Also, he has a military version and is wearing armor. He prob wasn't in that much danger.
He wasn't in any danger at all from Suzuri, but Rin has taken down armed and armored White Riders (inflicting at least some damage; were ep. 10's GGP riders differently equipped from those that she dealt with previously?). I'm still not certain that the GGP officer knew who he was confronting. Kiefer showed his capabilities, but how many other riders are as skilled? I'm looking forward to seeing Romanov on a rideback, but I'm not sure if we will.
Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 00:48   Link #828
Jski

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyme View Post

Ride back is a powerful robot not just a motorcycle. It simply swings their arms and one hit dead to human. Imagine that those ride back's riders form a simple stupid gang like Rin's brother did , casualty to all citizen.
I am new here so pleas excuse me if i mess up hehe. Any way the GGP are crating a situation where they are going to be seen as the outsiders trying to take over and if there main goal is to do so (or just simply have good relationship) you just simply cant pull it off if the majority of a large population does not want it. (the "right" answer i believe would be to look into the registration of the ride backs and use the locale government that is already in place to enfore the parties. This should make it seem that GGP is only "helping" and not so much being an out side fores trying to invade)

As for the danger factor cars can be seen in the same light if used right they can be tools of mass destruction. In truth its not too hard to make weapons from just house hold thing that can prove to be deadly. In truth that the goal of terrorist not so much to "destroy" the enimly (i mean really a few explosion not going to take down a government) its to make the government act in such a way to cause the general population to go aegensted it.

Now to have regression on such things is compley different then simply banning if some one does something wrong with such a tool the tool can be traced back to the owner and or the one who use the tool in such an act. In this suasion by allowing the tools use you crate a community that will be agent the use of the tool in a bad way. (sry for the bad spelling / grammer)
Jski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 01:45   Link #829
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
You're a USian, arent you ?

Basically GGP is behaving like USians are in real life, i.e. coming to a country, setting military bases and forces there that obey no local laws, killing people in occupied lands, and ordering other nations how to live and what to do. I hope Japan grows the balls and finally kicks that base in Okinawa out. One base out of 800+ occupational bases all over the world, GGP indeed.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 02:36   Link #830
anyme

No, I'm not USian.

Since I saw those Moto gangsters and Rin's brother annoyed people so I think GGP is right.

In my opinion, ride back is robot x vehicle. I may say that it is a motorcycle with hand and can jump. And I think people can modify those hands to grab people and crush them. It's very good to do unlawful thing. It gives you more options, to run into people , to jump on people , throw your mechanic punch at people. I think nobody can catch ride back's riders who have good skill. For example, Rin & Keifer can escape from GGP army easily (in the city).

Some of early episode show that ride back can go almost any where if riders have skill.

If it is in Grand Theft Auto, I think it's almost invincible vehicle. Except there is no cover for Riders.
Old 2009-03-18, 04:09   Link #831
faervas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post

Basically GGP is behaving like USians are in real life, i.e. coming to a country, setting military bases and forces there that obey no local laws, killing people in occupied lands, and ordering other nations how to live and what to do. I hope Japan grows the balls and finally kicks that base in Okinawa out. One base out of 800+ occupational bases all over the world, GGP indeed.
I think the message is much Broader. GGP is not the U.S.A.. GGP is an allegory for any government that deal with terrorist. Look what happen in Russia, with the therater that got gassed and how many innocent people died. I think that's a better reference for what happen earlier in the series. Both sides are using whatever it takes to gain influence over public opinion. I can point at any number of nations that have similar situations. China, Iran, France, USA all have been guilty in the last 20 years of simlar behavior. The protest was not supporting the terrorist the are Protesting GGP for over stepping it's bounds. I think the message is more powerful if we stop pointing fingers at the most convenient target and really look around. to see the flaws on everyone's side.
faervas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 07:08   Link #832
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Wink

Rin and Tamayo are embracing the train was ... Else.

Maybe Tony Taka watch this Anime.
Old 2009-03-18, 07:22   Link #833
SnEptUne

Frankly, Rideback isn't any more dangerous than car without regulations. Nevertheless, I don't think GGP is being all that excessive in force when dealing with suspected terrorist charging head first to them, but they are at fault for not being more considerate of people's live. There are other options such as tear gas, but they are actually quite tame compare to real life police/military. At least, Suzuri died a painless death.
SnEptUne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 07:26   Link #834
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2

The true spirit of this series, in one shot.
Old 2009-03-18, 07:42   Link #835
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Good shot Stormy. That makes a for great wallpaper material.
Old 2009-03-18, 07:55   Link #836
SnEptUne

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
By the way, I found the "NO TCP/IP" information message quite funny. Come on, it's not a single protocol at all, and I'd find it rather hard to believe someone would come up with a different conceptualization for packet-based communications, even for a military agency. And of course, Okakura's lightning reverse-engineering of such a protocol. Still, for mass-media, it was rather cool to see some "realism" poured into their depiction of IT. And I'd love to have Okakura's IDE . Still, it doesn't top the extremely realistic depiction of UNIX in Mnemosyne.
Actually, it is not that far fetched. I work in an industration where the real-time requirement made TCP/IP infeasible, and thus we must roll our own protocol.
SnEptUne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 08:31   Link #837
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post

What`s a USian, you mean an American? If he were, then his English would be correct instead of chock full of errors in only one sentence.

I suspect you`re misinformed if you feel that the USA is the only country that asserts global political influence. Remember the British Empire? The Age of Colonialism?

Also, Japan is more than glad to have an American base in Okinawa. Did you forget the political instability that is known as North Korea? Japan is more than happy to be part of the Western protective sphere. It simply doesn`t have a means to respond should North Korea decide to shoot missiles at it one day.

O and I`m Canadian, we`re supposed to be kind of neutral on everything.

Back to Rideback, I don`t think the roles between the GGP and the Japanese government have been established very clearly. Is the GGP some sort of global government, while the Japan has merely become a province of some sort?

I think the GGP`s response was excessive, but hardly atypical of what extremist governments tend to do. It really really reminded me of what the Chinese government did to Tian An Men square for some reason.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 09:14   Link #838
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
It just dawned on me that although Tomyo and Rin saw Suzuri get decapitated. The others including Shouko probably saw her remains that look in Shouko's eyes showed that she probably saw the body. That is not a sight i would like to see if it were one of my friends.

The sad thing is the GGP probably wont give a rats ass that it was teenage girl that got killed and also they knew what Rin looked liked so i have no clue how they could have made this mistake after seeing Suzuri on the screen. Im sure the white ride pilot didnt think anything of it i think they left right after.
Old 2009-03-18, 09:26   Link #839
SageGaiGar
You are Next

I think originally it was a "OHSHI" moment, she was attacked in panic. In the anime, it might've been a little more calculated. As well 'planned' as the GGP tries to act, they can't really take changes to their operations well.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 10:12   Link #840
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post

The true spirit of this series, in one shot.
Super fast signature.

Tags
madhouse, mecha, seinen