AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Can Aoi, a jounin his self take down Kabuto or either Kakashi?
Yes he can defeat Kakashi and Kabuto 6 3.66%
Yes he can defet Kabuto but not Kakashi 14 8.54%
Aoi shouldn't be compared to the likes of Kakashi or Kabuto for that matter? 144 87.80%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-10-25, 17:24   Link #61
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gon the Freec
i thought it cracked because of Sasuke's rage

It surely did, the result wasn't enought to destroy it, only enough to crack it open so it could grow some by locking up electromagnetically. It backfired in that the current created a feedback loop within his Chidori in whuch he ended up frying himself. *sizzle*
kiai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 17:30   Link #62
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv
He needs to keep it[Rasengan] in his hand to continue the chakra movement and concentrate on it's control. *Anyone* saying he could throw it...
...Needs to be properly taught? If you're ok with it here is a lesson, pay attention closely now. Do you know anything how a tornado becomes self sustaining?

He can let go of the Rasengan if he wants. As soon as the force in it becomes implosive and self sustaining it becomes exactly that, SELF SUSTAINING. After it's self sustaning all he has to concentrate on is holding onto it. He can Run with it or he can hold it against something like grinding into trees, He can even hurl it into someone which is more than they can withstand so they are blown away when he throws it into them.

He can let go of it.

We've seen him let go of it before

When he pitched it into kabuto he let go if it

It travelled about 25 feet or more, "along with" kabuto, smashing him into a rock face

He only has to "continue" the chakra movement until his chakra explodes into it creating an implosive and self-sustaining miniature typhoon. If he hurls it once it has become implosive, then it is going to travel some distance before the other forces in the vicinity act upon it and bring it to a stop. That explanation is sound!
It travelled about 25 feet or more, "along with" kabuto, smashing him into a rock face

Last edited by kiai; 2004-10-25 at 18:01.
Old 2004-10-25, 18:33   Link #63
kboykb

more like 60 yds
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 22:46   Link #64
Victim

Aoi is more like an elite Chuunin or marginal Jounin. He was promoted because he performed a great service for the Rain village - he betrayed Konoha to get his promotion. Since he had to go to such great lengths, it seems unlikely that he'd would have been promoted by the Leaf standing on his own merits. Ibiki fights him while tied up and after being injured during torture.

He has two main advantages right now. First, he has a nice toy. That sword seems fairly powerful, since it's able to withstand Chidori and Rasengan. On the other hand, it doesn't seem to have the offensive power of either technique - of course, he could be toying with his enemies. Second, Naruto and Sasuke are acting like morons (or, as the case may be, 13 year olds trying to show off their new toys). It might seem counterintuitive, but maybe trying to hit your enemy would be a good tactic, instead of trying to slam your attack into the enemy's defense.

Regarding Sasuke's speed: This is a bit of a tangent, but it might be the case that Sasuke lost his newfound speed for a while (and not just because it doesn't fit into the anime's filler arc). Since he was in the hospital for some time while Naruto was searching for Tsunade, his muscles may have atrophied some from inactivity. He'd probably have to retrain for a period to reaquire Lee level speed.
Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 00:09   Link #65
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victim
Regarding Sasuke's speed: This is a bit of a tangent, but it might be the case that Sasuke lost his newfound speed for a while (and not just because it doesn't fit into the anime's filler arc). Since he was in the hospital for some time while Naruto was searching for Tsunade, his muscles may have atrophied some from inactivity. He'd probably have to retrain for a period to reaquire Lee level speed.
If you have read the manga, you know this is not true. This filler is portraying Sasuke very weak, while they are portraying Naruto stronger than him, just so that they could tied it to the manga.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 03:52   Link #66
shadowstorm
Shadowwalker

I dont believe Aoi is as strong as either kabuto or kakashi, both it seems to me are higher ranked jounins. As far as the fight in the last episode, Sasuke got his butt fried because with the first chidori he was just plain cocky and with the second he was pissed, both times not using his head and dodging the sword. Also Sasuke still has his speed but it cannot be used all the time, unlike lee sasuke doesnt practice and train on increasing his stamina insted he seems to train mostly on his chidori. Although in the next episode im thinking that naruto and sakura are gonna smash Aoi and either retrieve the sword or destroy it in the process.... how they will i havent a clue.
shadowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 08:09   Link #67
M.G.

We have not seen Aoi fight to his full potential or against an opponent of his level so it is hard to judge his actual ability. Although, if I had to take a guess I would say he is fair bit lower than Kakashi’s level. Aoi seems like a regular jounin where as Kakashi and Kabuto were made out to be rather special.

From what I have gathered, speed and power in Naruto is relative. Sasuke may be very fast compared to other genin, but his speed or Lee's ( with out gates) is not extraordinary compared to chunnin and jounin. Thus I think Sasukes abilities are being portrayed accurately... remember he is fighting a jounin after all.

All of these so-called plot holes and inconsistencies in my opinion can be easily explained. People seem to be doing everything they can to tear down these fillers with out even giving them a chance.
M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 08:33   Link #68
Gon the Freec
1337 member ......

Sasuke is nowhere near Aoi !
Gon the Freec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 08:58   Link #69
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
I hope we will see Aoi fight against another equal Jounin. But I doubt that.
Most likely Naruto will outsmart him and beat him up... like always... *sigh*
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 10:46   Link #70
Skorpa

c'mon.. the dude is just a jounin with a powerful sword.. U cant even match him to Kabuto, Kakashi or the second hokage.
Skorpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 11:42   Link #71
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Actually, we can match him to anyone in the Anime since we havent seen his real strength yet.
Seems like he beat Ibiki without even getting scratched as well. And Ibiki is an elite ANBU captain jounin.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 11:52   Link #72
Skorpa

it's ridicilous to match him with the second hokage still....
Skorpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 17:52   Link #73
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Take notice that the the Raijin cracked opened, but only appeared to grow in size when it locked or absorbed the Chidori's field strength. So this is "not" just a powerful sword. Only That crackling open aspect appears to be part of its intended function where it can actually level up depending on the skill of the Shinobi. Aoi looks like he's had some practice with it to know how to do that and his body appears to be of Zabuza size or stength if you were to have look closely when he was wet when he fought in the rain.

Skorpa, inviting ridicule you say? Hah, our world is wrought with ridicule. Instead of saying we should be worried about that I shall defer you to note that; a hokage level weapon's potential is only measured when it's user is close to Hokage level. It's good measure, and demonstrates an ability to think beyond ordinary means to be aware if Rokushu Aoi is a level above the double headed Jounin coin that is Kakashi & Kabuto.

Last edited by kiai; 2004-10-26 at 18:15.
Old 2004-10-26, 18:27   Link #74
MoogleHunter

The history of the sword shouldnt matter when youre looking at someones skill with it, unless its stated that one of the sword's traits is to pass down swordsmanship from its previous owners..which would be a quite a ridiculous thing indeed.
aoi only seems to do the basics with it; hit people and block things, though that throwing thing seems to take a bit of skill maybe.
Aoi is just a generic rain nin with a powerful sword.
Its like giving Iruka sarutobi's monkey-staff enma summon. Even if he had it for a few years i heavily doubt that his skill would begin to compare to sarutobi himself with it. Sure he might learn how to stretch the staff just like aoi does some things with the raijin, but do you think it would really make him much more powerful than without it?

edit: ah, you edited when i was typing, what you said is clearer now ;P
MoogleHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 18:56   Link #75
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Thank you always for the reply. It is hard to keep from being outdated on the comments as you can see. Some other Raijin uses besides combining with chackra techniques of others were he uses it like a whip on Ibicki. And I noticed when he was on the bridge pole he "dropped" some of the risidual "fire" from above as well.

It appears the Raijin can only be as powerfull (stamina/Chakra) as the user themself is but is a weapon with potential to go hand in hand with a Hokage's ability. When Aoi had Sasuke suspended, Aoi's own stamina came into play he had to throw him down before he used all his own energy up. It's exactly analogous to when he stuck his fingers in that other runner's (Fusoko?) neck: at first he held him of the ground by sticking finger tips into the other guy's neck but Aoi needed to strain to throw him before he lost his hold. It was like that with Sasuke's chidori and the other guy's neck, accept Aoi sticks the Raijin into the Chidori and it "phase locks" making the amplified field which levitates Sasuke of the ground. Sasauke basically fried him self and it wouldn't have happened if he had learned the first time. But I think it made Aoi use some of his chakra to with stand it which brings us back to the beginning of this paragraph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiai
Naruto can let go of the Rasengan if he wants. As soon as the force in it becomes implosive and self sustaining it becomes exactly that, SELF SUSTAINING. After it's self sustaning all he has to concentrate on is holding onto it. He can Run with it or he can hold it against something like grinding into trees, He can even hurl it into someone which is more than they can withstand so they are blown away when he throws it into them.

He can let go of it.

We've seen him let go of it before

When he pitched it into kabuto he let go if it

He only has to "continue" the chakra movement until his chakra explodes into it creating an implosive and self-sustaining miniature typhoon. If he hurls it once it has become implosive, then it is going to travel some distance before the other forces in the vicinity act upon it and bring it to a stop. That explanation is sound!
Yes it was about 60 yards. I need to excersize my depth perception cognition, don't I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.G.
We have not seen Aoi fight to his full potential or against an opponent of his level so it is hard to judge his actual ability. Although, if I had to take a guess I would say he is fair bit lower than Kakashi’s level. Aoi seems like a regular jounin where as Kakashi and Kabuto were made out to be rather special.

From what I have gathered, speed and power in Naruto is relative. Sasuke may be very fast compared to other genin, but his speed or Lee's ( with out gates) is not extraordinary compared to chunnin and jounin. Thus I think Sasukes abilities are being portrayed accurately... remember he is fighting a jounin after all.

All of these so-called plot holes and inconsistencies in my opinion can be easily explained. People seem to be doing everything they can to tear down these fillers with out even giving them a chance.
Nice choice of language to describe! While I believe his Aoi's body is "not" stronger than Kakashi's. Yet he's tall like Zabuza and his body is powerfull powerfull on the like.

The thing with Naruto's Rasengan training, it's like he started with a balloon with water and moved to the sea with that. His next step was with air inside the "hard" rubber ball. If I were imagine it would be possible to do a similar large sized technique creating a huge air vortex between the "hard" cliffs in the gorge that could save Sakura (again).

Last edited by kiai; 2004-10-26 at 19:18.
Old 2004-10-26, 19:26   Link #76
Robocop
Cepheus

Aio is a weakling. He couldn't even make it as a jounin in knoha so he had to flee like a little girl! He is a pussy i don't rate him at all, not one bit yeah he has the sword of a hokage but i very much doub't he know how to use it properly, i mean c'mon chidori and resengan are both very powerfull moves but they are being pulled off by gennins with with maybe chuunin chakra lol, if it was the hokage in fornt of chidoi or resengan he would definitly handle it better than aoi did easely.

If anyone doubts that they freaking crzy.

Anyway my bro said not to take any notice of all this, he said aoi dosen't really exsist? I don't really no what he's on about but i can sorta believe him especially after that stupid funny episode were kakashi takes his maske off that was just crap and out of place.
Robocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 20:29   Link #77
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop
[The rain leader Jounin isn't weak, he's nieeve but powerful.]
If anyone doubts that they freaking crzy.

Anyway my bro said not to take any notice of all this, he said aoi dosen't really exsist? I don't really no what he's on about but i can sorta believe him especially after that stupid funny episode were kakashi takes his maske off that was just crap and out of place.
Chakra chuunin chidori Aiiiee crzy! What was that all about, is your bro the one that was banned? "Anyone" who can make statements about "everyone" must know a bundle. I say listen to your brother, it's probably how you managed to get this far. Ta Ta For Now!
Old 2004-10-26, 20:34   Link #78
Witch_Hunter

btw how can the sword be cracked?...
Witch_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 20:39   Link #79
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch_Hunter
I'll watch again to make sure but,
basically the flowering Raijin it appears like powerfull compression and that when something is powerfull enough to crack it, it's like a snake growing a little and cracking out of it's old skin. We'll find out if we observe carefully.
Old 2004-10-26, 21:22   Link #80
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch_Hunter

Ok I watched again:

The Raijin is like a weapon that eats lightning and stores the energy in it's shell (the part that is held)

part 1. After Sasuke's first chidori the Raijin blade gew double in size easily noticeable, This is like when Kisame's shaver eats chakra, but this is the Raijin and chidori so it's different and I spent a lot of time on that already.

Part 2
The second Chidori attack (after the Raijin had already grew) caused a feedback with the already stored "Chidori" energy, which crackled and then all the stored energy exploded into all an energy release. The Explosion was powerfull enough to lift the shared feedback current that was electrocuting Sasuke into the air. I could explain it differently but it would get longer.

Part 3.
After the explosion the sword was little again. Aoi's eyes were really well animated I noticed as well as others. That's it for now. Guess what happens next but keep thinking about it for a while.

Last edited by kiai; 2004-10-26 at 21:45.