Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-19, 23:38   Link #3941
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm really hesitant to leech off random people though. I hate being carried in games. I think it's fine if a friend offers to take me through a few rifts but that's kind of my limit.
I could run you through a T6 rift in 3min, a trial in 2min, and a GR rift (30~40) in 4~5 min.
I can do all of those solo, a mere 50% HP boost from another player would be negligible. (they go from dying in one hit to... dying in one hit)
The entire run would only be 10-15 min and it you'd take home 4~5 legs and 300~350 bloodshards.

Unfortunately I'm not farming on Seasons, so I'd only be able to do that if you were non-season character though.
Old 2015-06-21, 12:49   Link #3942
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I just failed GR48 by 1.3 seconds. AAARGH

I think if I get a lucky rift (i.e. full of zombies!) I can pass 48...
Old 2015-06-22, 04:56   Link #3943
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I have started to play D3 again after several month of lost interest. Guess the past weeks RNGesus was semi-nice to me as I could complete my Crusader's Akkhan set, got the Condem shield and a Unrelenting Phalanx, most pieces of Raekor for my Barbarian and got a few pieces of Jade's Harvester. Semi-nice because all items are far from perfect. Especially the Akkham's chest which I got twice with only 3 primary attributes. Obviously, most characters are defensive-wise too weak to even tackle T6. My Pet WD can do T4 relatively easy, unless I'm caught in a Molten explosion (1-shot). It's quite the surprise how few Vit on my WD's equipment is Most items aren't rerolled as I feel quite stingy with spending resources on equipment that's only average.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 14:48   Link #3944
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Blizzard just released info on the upcoming patch 2.3 onto PTR.
Here's the link for patch note.
Old 2015-06-23, 17:31   Link #3945
Xacual

Equipping Legendary item effects as passive skills sounds interesting. Also the scaling crafting patterns is nice too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 17:55   Link #3946
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

OMG this is a massive game changer.
The number of build possibilities just skyrocketed.

All those legendaries that couldnt fit due to sets taking up slots have suddenly become viable.
Wow.

I also wonder how new torments will scale.
If T10 is GR50 level, it will be trivialized immediately. I guess we will wait for PTR balancing
Old 2015-06-23, 18:16   Link #3947
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Pretty hyped up, stopped playing cuz of the grind, but more of a reason to continue playing and do the next season!

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 18:33   Link #3948
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Eurgh. I haven't even gotten to T6 yet and now there's an even greater milestone to worry about.
Old 2015-06-23, 23:47   Link #3949
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Per blue posts:

- Legendary powers will extract at its maximum potential. No more hunting for the perfect roll %
- Legendary powers will not require the type of armor to be worn. Meaning, you can get a legendary affix from a shield while not using a shield

Hot DAMN this is going to be fun.
This also incentivize collecting all the legendaries in the game, to capture all the powers. Gotta cat... loot them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Eurgh. I haven't even gotten to T6 yet and now there's an even greater milestone to worry about.
This will trivialize T6. Hell my seasonal character who's paragon level is only 100 and doing T5 could faceroll T6 if I had this cube right now.
(yeah I haven't really played seasons, just doing it enough to get some of the achievements)
Old 2015-06-25, 19:00   Link #3950
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48452...ss-changes-set

PTR will be up soon™, I guess,.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 15:56   Link #3951
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

And the PTR went live.
I've downloaded it but haven't gotten around to trying it out.

Just failed a GR50 by 7 seconds the other day... I want to try and get 50 before 2.3
Once 2.3 hits GR50 would be trivial (since my DPS would more than double), but that wouldn't leave me with a sense of accomplishment.

BTW, Torment 10 is apparently about GR45 in difficulty. 200000% health.
So about 23 times the health of T6 monsters.
Old 2015-07-04, 10:16   Link #3952
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

The craziness of RNGesus: Lesson 2
While I tried to invest 90% of my blood shard to get the Sunwuko helmet for my Lady Monk, I instead could complete Raiment first Blizzard, do you have fun toying with me? Not that I'm complaining, though. I'm currently full-lightning with my Monk (Kisara - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M.../hero/37127696). And while my damage is sufficient for T6, my toughness is miserable. As soon as, for example, a mob of goat men in Act 1 are throwing their spears at me, I'm as good as done for. Seems I really need to go for CDR for non-Season play.
Old 2015-07-06, 09:06   Link #3953
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
The craziness of RNGesus: Lesson 2
While I tried to invest 90% of my blood shard to get the Sunwuko helmet for my Lady Monk, I instead could complete Raiment first Blizzard, do you have fun toying with me? Not that I'm complaining, though. I'm currently full-lightning with my Monk (Kisara - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M.../hero/37127696). And while my damage is sufficient for T6, my toughness is miserable. As soon as, for example, a mob of goat men in Act 1 are throwing their spears at me, I'm as good as done for. Seems I really need to go for CDR for non-Season play.
Yeah, your toughness is too low for a monk.
Since you can do T6, I would also advise raising your gems to 25.

Raise a Esoteric Alteration legendary gem to 25, and your survival will more than double.

I would suggest Bane of the Trapped, Esoteric Alteration, and one more gem of choice. Raising them to 25 should be pretty easy with your gear, and it will massively benefit you. (not to mention all the legendary drops on while doing so, and increased bloodshards)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A.../hero/45124886
My barb is wearing Bane of the Trapped, and my wizard is wearing Esoteric Alteration (so you can see that stats they provide!)

Super nice roll on ancient Sunwuko gloves btw. I'm jelly.
Old 2015-07-07, 09:04   Link #3954
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

If you are using dash strike, getting raiment first would been a better deal
As for toughness issue, i just went dual wield and uses the +dodge trait and aura. Defensive gems are kinda lackluster compare to dps gems.
Old 2015-07-07, 22:11   Link #3955
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Defensive gems are kinda lackluster compare to dps gems.
Really depends. Esoteric helps a lot when pushing your highest GR.
I was able to finish GR48 by swapping out unity for CoE, and sacrificing BoT for Esoteric.
(so less tough but survivable, to compensate sacrifice 30% dps for 30% increase in toughness)

Also the defensive gems synergies very well for ranged characters as well.
For example, Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard can offset the drawbacks of Moratorium, synergizing its pros with each other. It does wonders to prevent one-shots, and quickly recovers your ranged characters. (this obviously wouldn't work as well on melee, and melee classes tends to have better defensive passives anyways)
Basically both the shield from Molten and staggering effect from Moratorium completely stops the one-shots. Then the HPS on Molten offsets the staggered DoT effect of Moratorium. Pretty neat.

In fact you can sacrifice DPS gems for Defence gems in favor of R/F over Unity, since R/F pair increases DPS far more than any combination of gems.
There are people who reached mid 50s on Wizard using such combination.

As for R6... the Shenlong fists are doing craaaaazy damage in 2.3 PTR combined with R6 and other generator DPS increase gear. I wish I had an ancient pair stocked.
Old 2015-07-07, 23:43   Link #3956
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
In fact you can sacrifice DPS gems for Defence gems in favor of R/F over Unity, since R/F pair increases DPS far more than any combination of gems.
There are people who reached mid 50s on Wizard using such combination.
Personally i use Countess Mora (arcane immune because imprison can one shot you), R/F + BotP, Iceblink and that +dmg on distance gem on my ranged heroes. For squishy dps setup, the best defense is simply good positioning and having the death avoidance trait to save you. Then again, i solo 100% of my playtime so there's no one i can rely on for dps.

Unless they changed it recently, R/F is widely considered the best ring ingame over almost anything simply because they are multiplicative bonus unless you are using a non resource generator skill setup.
Old 2015-07-07, 23:53   Link #3957
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Countess can stop Jailer one-shots, but unfortunately Thunderstorm is still a big issue.
The defence gem pair can stop pretty much ALL one-shots. (can't stop you from frozen bursts since those hit multiple times.)
Old 2015-07-08, 13:34   Link #3958
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

After switching to Raiment (sans shoulders which are still missing) and Mantra of Salvation, I can finally do T6. Not speedy, not without deaths, but it's doable. Being caught in Arcane Sentry or Molten Explosion does still insta-kill me, but sometimes I notice it too late or my Dashing Strike button doesn't react . Greater Rifts are going okay-ish. 24 is doable and for a safe-upgrade to gems level 25, I need to manage GR 31, iirc.

I need a better rolled weapon, preferably an immunity amulet and eventually better rings, depending if I use full Raiment or a Cindercoat fire build. String of Ears, I guess to. In worst case I'll take the one from my WD and reroll the main stat *lol*. That is, ignoring the eventual upgrade to (good) ancient versions!
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 16:05   Link #3959
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Countess can stop Jailer one-shots, but unfortunately Thunderstorm is still a big issue.
The defence gem pair can stop pretty much ALL one-shots. (can't stop you from frozen bursts since those hit multiple times.)
Hmm, i haven't touch the game in awhile but i don't remember having too much trouble with thunderstorm since there's a short wind up time for me to dodge it. I'll have to level up those def gem and try out that combo you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
I need a better rolled weapon, preferably an immunity amulet and eventually better rings, depending if I use full Raiment or a Cindercoat fire build. String of Ears, I guess to. In worst case I'll take the one from my WD and reroll the main stat *lol*. That is, ignoring the eventual upgrade to (good) ancient versions!
Weapon wise, you can just craft yourself ancients till you find something you like. Personally i'm using an ancient ingeom and rimeheart, the ingeom clears easy runs extremely fast while rimeheart gives me a dmg proc whenever i freeze a target using the ice version of crippling wave and sweeping wave.
Old 2015-07-09, 14:05   Link #3960
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Hmm, i haven't touch the game in awhile but i don't remember having too much trouble with thunderstorm since there's a short wind up time for me to dodge it. I'll have to level up those def gem and try out that combo you mentioned.
It doesn't really become a problem until high GRs, where jailer and thunderstorms can often one-shot someone.
What's your highest GR? 50+ is usually when they start to become a serious pain.

...Of course that's about to change in a month, 2.3 patch significantly nerfs the damage scaling in GR.
It probably won't start becoming a problem until GR60.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler