AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Divers - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 55.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-06-26, 02:37   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Gundam Build Divers - Episode 13 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Gundam Build Divers, Episode 13.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 05:35   Link #2
devilo96

Old generation(sei and sekai):this is so fun...gunpla battle...fight until the end dont care about repair
New generation:Who want that gunpla fight....sorry 00 diver...and the last crying cuz the gundam get rekt in real life
And astray no name is so damn cool
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 05:52   Link #3
B214

So Riku cries simply because his gunpla gets damaged. Sei needs to slap some sense into this guy.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 06:08   Link #4
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

For all the bad stuff he did to GBN, Tsukasa actually has some good character traits. He's true to his word by returning Ayame's SD Gunpla, and he his love Gunpla is genuine, albeit a bit warped.
Old 2018-06-26, 06:56   Link #5
Skye629

Now thats what I watch BF for, gundams/gunpla ripping each other apart. Granted the animation/choreo is still not quite up to previous iterations standards, but aside from the prelude fight, its the best we got so far

New levels of stupid, my one big complaint of this episode. Its the second biggest nono for any online game, and thats AGREEING TO MEET A STRANGER IRL UNDER SUPER SHADY CONDITIONS. God fucking dammit Riku. If this wasn't a family friendly show they would have found your body at the bottom of the river (or whats left of it) a few months later. First biggest being giving out personal information online

Tsukasa (of course it was him, it was obvious as f), needs to get his ass out of the past. His motivation is understandable, but he really has no idea how to deal with it properly. Personally he's coming across as someone who only had that one group of friends, then GBN tore everything away from him, both his hobby and pals. It hurts, but what he did was completely out of proportion and does nothing to solve his problem overall. I hope they do more with his character, or he's gonna be a goddamn waste.

You don't see me crying/raging about playing card games which has moved from playing on the sidewalk with friends to more online orientated versions

THATS ONE SICK AS F ASTRAY. GIMME A GUNPLA KIT PLEASE

The gunpla battle system is definitely different from BF/BFT, fold out physical controls, no plavsky particles, no need for a build base/key, etc. At this point I'm much more skeptical that its the same universe

God Ayame is cute as hell when she's actually happy. Question now is whether she's going to use that team gunpla, or her own one

Riku's new Gunpla got WoL's, god I'm a sucker for Gundams which has those........
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 07:47   Link #6
Router25
World Connector. I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Riku's new Gunpla got WoL's, god I'm a sucker for Gundams which has those........
Seems to me it's a Destiny Backpack. What we don't know is whether he'll stick to a 00 frame or a SEED frame.
Old 2018-06-26, 08:02   Link #7
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router25 View Post
Seems to me it's a Destiny Backpack. What we don't know is whether he'll stick to a 00 frame or a SEED frame.
Or 00xSeed frame..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 08:40   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Surprisingly, I actually quite enjoy this episode.

Sure, the stupidity and cheesiness of the characters' motivations are still very high but at least Riku left his Deus Ex-Waifu in GBN so the fight went relatively fair in GPD. Well, as fair as a Gary Stu-ish MC goes anyway. I mean, this newbie beat a freakin' veteran in his own game! How more OP of a player can you get despite being a regular boy? I like Tsukasa's intensity, but his vengeance and method to destroy GBN is still facepalm-worthy.

The fight choreography is also pretty strong this episode. We see many dynamic angles and varied light-shows and the movements are also fast and intense. Finally, we get a fight that's as good as the Prologue and episode 3. Maybe the animators and the director were having a good day when they made this episode.

I like Astray No-Name. It's like a mix of Amatsu + Testament + a tiny bit of Darkhound + funnels. Can't wait to get the HG/RG of it.

The thing with Ayame is........nice, I guess. At least she gets the "friendship"-gunpla and now she's freed from the eye-rolling motivation for being a spy. But will she leave her old Force just like that though? I mean, if her old friends have no intention to return back to the SD Force even after the reunion at the end of the episode then I guess she can finally join Riku's team for real. After all, a one-person guild/force won't function properly anyway.

One more thing: the way Riku addressed Tsukasa's love for Gunpla is like newer Gundam fans (who like AUs) speaking to Gundam Elitists (mostly UC-diehards) to let go of the hate and throw away the salt because, at the end of the day, both sides love Gundam. I quite like that message, actually. Still, the message could've been stronger in a better-written Build show, but I appreciate the effort.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2018-06-26 at 08:54.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 08:51   Link #9
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
So Riku cries simply because his gunpla gets damaged. Sei needs to slap some sense into this guy.
Imagine playing for months and leveled up a character in MMORPG and it ended up being lost. It would be pretty frustrating even for an adult and here is a middle school kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Surprisingly, I actually quite enjoy this episode.

Sure, the stupidity and cheesiness of the characters' motivations are still very high but at least Riku left his Deus Ex-Waifu in GBN so the fight went relatively fair in GPD. Well, as fair as a Gary Stu-ish MC goes anyway. I mean, this newbie beat a freakin' veteran in his own game! How more OP of a player can you get despite being a regular boy? I like Tsukasa's intensity, but his vengeance and method to destroy GBN is still facepalming.

Because Tsukasa is shit at his own game and the control of GBN and GPD are basically the same. Assuming Tsukasa was the best player of GPD, a glorified arcade game, then he was at best, the best of that small district. Compared him to the skill cap level of TRUE veteran like champ who was a world-level and Riku who basically caught him off-guard, it's easy to see how the result played out.

Quote:
One more thing: the way Riku addressed Tsukasa's love for Gunpla is like newer Gundam fans (who like AUs) speaking to Gundam Elistists (mostly UC-diehards) to let go of the hate and throw away the salt because, at the end of the day, both sides love Gundam. I quite like that message, actually. Still, the message could've been stronger in a better-written Build show, but I appreciate the effort.
Tsukasa is basically a butthurt manchild when seeing LAN party and arcade going out of style and replaced by MMO. I think the whole friendship speech actually done well when half the fun of the MMO experience is the interaction between players/guildmates.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 09:07   Link #10
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Assuming Tsukasa was the best player of GPD, a glorified arcade game, then he was at best, the best of that small district. Compared him to the skill cap level of TRUE veteran like champ who was a world-level and Riku who basically caught him off-guard, it's easy to see how the result played out.
Didn't Koichi & Tsukasa talked about winning the GPD National Tournament in the old game-log in episode 6? If they were able to seriously talk about winning the National then it is implied that Koichi & Tsukasa's team was a regular in the National Tournament. Thus made Tsukasa a really good veteran of GPD which Riku defeated on his very first try.

Btw, Koichi himself was the 8th best builder in the world during his heyday.
Old 2018-06-26, 09:13   Link #11
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Didn't Koichi & Tsukasa talked about winning the GPD National Tournament in the old game-log in episode 6? If they were able to seriously talk about winning the National then it is implied that Koichi & Tsukasa's team was a regular in the National Tournament. Thus made Tsukasa a really good veteran of GPD which Riku defeated at the very first try.
He's still trained by one of best players in GBN, did plenty of grind and managed to edge out a win after catching Tsukasa off-guard. So hardly Gary Stu-ish, at least no more than Reiji beating down a whole bar of veterans, in a Ball.
Old 2018-06-26, 09:19   Link #12
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
He's still trained by one of best players in GBN, did plenty of grind and managed to edge out a win after catching Tsukasa off-guard. So hardly Gary Stu-ish, at least no more than Reiji beating down a whole bar of veterans, in a Ball.
Yes yes, Reiji & Sekai are natural geniuses when it comes to fighting. One is an alien and the other is a mad student of Domon Kasshu. They were already established as so powerful in the very first episodes of their own series.

Riku, however, was built-up as this relatively-talented normal boy, but then he suddenly jumped to the genius level where he outshines other players when fighting the giant Big Zam. It's hard enough to buy that he can fight toe-to-toe alongside Champ & Rommel. But outshining them? Get outta here.
Old 2018-06-26, 09:23   Link #13
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
It's hard enough to buy than he can fight toe-to-toe with Champ & Rommel. But outshining them?
Not without Sarah's hack, he won't. In fact, did he ever did that? He didn't even have the rematch with the GN-X Orge guy which is probably not even as good as Champ. I just kind of skim anything from after Tigerwolf training.
Old 2018-06-26, 09:33   Link #14
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Not without Sarah's hack, he won't. In fact, did he ever did that? He didn't even have the rematch with the GN-X Orge guy which is probably not even as good as Champ. I just kind of skim anything from after Tigerwolf training.
Riku survived the massive and numerous beam attacks by the giant Big Zam alongside Champ & Rommel when many other veteran players got zapped to death. And then Rommel got pancaked by the Big Zam while Riku survived with fewer damages to his 00 Diver.

The fact that Rommel only lost one arm after getting pancaked by Big Zam is kind of a retcon or a continuity error or the makers simply didn't care and stopped trying .
Old 2018-06-26, 09:47   Link #15
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Tsukasa: "you pesky kids get off my lawn!"
dude's not even a senior citizen yet.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 11:31   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a really good fight for once, and Astray no-name is a sweet gunpla. It does seem like Divers doesn't take place in the same universe as the older series after all, since the GBD system worked differently.

I didn't expect Riku to actually win, but at least there were consequences to this battle with his gunpla being damaged beyond repair.

Tsukasa is unintentionally funny. I agree he pretty much acts like a grumpy grandpa. "Back in my day, we had real gunpla battles! That was real fun, not like that video game crap you're always playing!"
Old 2018-06-26, 18:54   Link #17
Skye629

Quote:
Riku, however, was built-up as this relatively-talented normal boy, but then he suddenly jumped to the genius level where he outshines other players when fighting the giant Big Zam. It's hard enough to buy that he can fight toe-to-toe alongside Champ & Rommel. But outshining them? Get outta here.
Quote:
Riku survived the massive and numerous beam attacks by the giant Big Zam alongside Champ & Rommel when many other veteran players got zapped to death. And then Rommel got pancaked by the Big Zam while Riku survived with fewer damages to his 00 Diver.

The fact that Rommel only lost one arm after getting pancaked by Big Zam is kind of a retcon or a continuity error or the makers simply didn't care and stopped trying .
He's not genius level, he still definitely has a ways to go before he can stand up to the best of the best. Just because he can fly next to them and dodge some beams doesn't make him one. Its rather just a basic requirement of the game. Part of it is luck too, when you have a million beams flying at you. We've also already established that he's pretty lucky, so there's that.

Riku also fared no better than anyone else while the Big Zam's Break Decals were still active. TransAm did nothing until Sarah augmented it and canceled out all the Break Decals in the server. Only then did they start putting holes in the thing and Riku got the finishing blow

Not all of the Coalition forces were pro's or vet's either. The main people we saw in the meeting were force leaders or the higher ranking members. In the actual battle they brought along the rest of their Force members, who were the cannon fodder we saw throughout most of the battle. Yes, some of the higher lvl/experienced players bit it, but that's only natural in a giant pitched battle, nobody's safe

And of course Rommel took more damage than Riku, he got stomped by the goddamn Big Zam. The minimal damage the Red Beret took is probably more a testament to it's build over anything else
Old 2018-06-26, 19:01   Link #18
Skye629

And for those who were wondering:

Old 2018-06-26, 20:24   Link #19
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

first thing come in my mind

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 22:00   Link #20
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
One more thing: the way Riku addressed Tsukasa's love for Gunpla is like newer Gundam fans (who like AUs) speaking to Gundam Elitists (mostly UC-diehards) to let go of the hate and throw away the salt because, at the end of the day, both sides love Gundam. I quite like that message, actually. Still, the message could've been stronger in a better-written Build show, but I appreciate the effort.
That's actually something good, especially these days where you're being ridiculed for liking the newer series (IBO, GBF/T, GBD) because "they're poorly-written shows with bland characters and no history unlike UC"