AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-02, 10:15   Link #4781
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

looks like someone either read the latest post drunk or half asleep XD
Old 2014-09-02, 10:44   Link #4782
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

derps, derps everywhere

Last edited by dazo; 2014-09-02 at 10:47. Reason: its a joke..just in case...
Old 2014-09-02, 14:39   Link #4783
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Well for those of you that haven't had the opportunity to snatch up OT off BT before it went away do a google search on: wayback machine. Use a link to waybackmachine.org and put in the web address to any site that you love and has had to remove certain things for various reasons. Copy those things you love from the site. Then go buy the books or mangas to support your various authors just my 2 yen.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
Old 2014-09-02, 14:41   Link #4784
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

^webmaster level genius O7 (salute)
Old 2014-09-02, 15:41   Link #4785
Kyuusaisha

Actually somewhat looking forward to reading the official translation and comparing it. Some official translations get things off quite a bit(read Negima). Hopefully this will be different.
Old 2014-09-02, 18:06   Link #4786
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
just my 2 yen.
That quip was priceless/100.

And I'm also looking forward to the official translation as well--> because it remains likely that Yen Press wouldn't have tried to localize the LN if BT hadn't already gone through the effort of the translation project--> so it was all extremely important in the end--> now let's just hope that the localization succeeds.

Last edited by dniv; 2014-09-02 at 18:24.
Old 2014-09-02, 18:16   Link #4787
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I agree, I will buy the translated LN to support the author and hopefully bring more to the US. But I really wish they would put someone who has even the slightest insight to the Anime/Manga/Light Novel culture into process of translating. It just kills me when I read a translation and a lot of the fun is taken out of it because someone somewhere didn't understand it. Then there is the crowd that seem to hate everything that has to do with the culture just cause someone showed them a crazy hentai back in the 90s and they end up thinking all if it is the same.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
Old 2014-09-02, 18:25   Link #4788
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I agree, I will buy the translated LN to support the author and hopefully bring more to the US. But I really wish they would put someone who has even the slightest insight to the Anime/Manga/Light Novel culture into process of translating. It just kills me when I read a translation and a lot of the fun is taken out of it because someone somewhere didn't understand it. Then there is the crowd that seem to hate everything that has to do with the culture just cause someone showed them a crazy hentai back in the 90s and they end up thinking all if it is the same.
I feel like they are hopefully doing that because I think Yen Press is well aware of its existence and is banking on drawing that fan-base to also buy the novels to support sales. I am expecting good things on that front.
Old 2014-09-02, 18:34   Link #4789
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

we'll be able to see the forecast on Yen's success in selling the volume by December to see if the English community that is hardcore Marvel and Capcom, is well received by them, and Yen continues its official translation of the volumes.

its probably a guarantee that English Otakus would get on the ban-wagon... though i don't know if it will be sold in bookstores, because i haven't seen a borders/walden bookstore where i live in probably a few years, since they started closing some branch chains. hehehe, it would be funny and epic at the same time that they sold them in local libraries, that would be hilarious.
Old 2014-09-02, 18:43   Link #4790
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

That's another thing. Bookstores. I mean, anyone who wants it will find it, electronically at the very least. But the charm of walking through a bookstore, seeing something that looks interesting, picking it up there, and getting hooked is pretty hard to come by now that bookstores are slowly going extinct.

Old 2014-09-02, 19:32   Link #4791
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverexorcist View Post
That's another thing. Bookstores. I mean, anyone who wants it will find it, electronically at the very least. But the charm of walking through a bookstore, seeing something that looks interesting, picking it up there, and getting hooked is pretty hard to come by now that bookstores are slowly going extinct.
We need virtual bookstores that you can stroll through with avatars to simulate it!
Old 2014-09-02, 20:13   Link #4792
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

google glass (
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
) XD or maybe VR with Oculus Rift.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2014-09-02 at 20:30. Reason: google glass
Old 2014-09-02, 20:14   Link #4793
dazo

Quote:
if the English community that is hardcore Marvel and Capcom, is well received by them

marvel is part of "the american way"... and crapcom is in debacle

Quote:
I mean, anyone who wants it will find it, electronically at the very least. But the charm of walking through a bookstore, seeing something that looks interesting, picking it up there, and getting hooked is pretty hard to come by now that bookstores are slowly going extinct.
yeah, there is nothing like a real book(the texture, the feeling of owning something ), .........and the feeling when you buy a book with a "complicated" cover (those reactions are priceless)

even though i like bookstores, as long i can buy a real book i am happy

fu*k e-book, i'm not going to pay for a pdf ( there are some exceptions )
---

and ...here come @ACertainStark

edit
Quote:
Oculus Rift
....its almost dead man .... so many possibilities

Last edited by dazo; 2014-09-02 at 21:22. Reason: gramar
Old 2014-09-02, 20:26   Link #4794
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

It's like everyone forgot Amazon exists, or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I feel like they are hopefully doing that because I think Yen Press is well aware of its existence and is banking on drawing that fan-base to also buy the novels to support sales. I am expecting good things on that front.
It's good to hope, but I need concrete evidence to be actually convinced.

Does anyone have an exemple of YP translating Japanese idioms?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-09-02, 20:35   Link #4795
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Amazon/Ebay/Craiglist is overrated.
Old 2014-09-02, 21:33   Link #4796
dazo

true

amazon is good for "research"...it can become a problem in the "future"
Old 2014-09-02, 22:18   Link #4797
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

But one thing is that online buying is convenient especially when your stuck and need it delivered, XD i.e. your in the hospital and you want to read To Aru Majutsu no Index Volume (XX).... or maybe your staying over a relatives for the summer and you have it delivered to their house.

Other than that, its limited to its uses. i.e. lazy ppl like myself.
Old 2014-09-03, 10:33   Link #4798
dazo

that only work in murica, in other countries is "very "different...in my country...they send your package with d*l or f*dex local branches( here enter some issues)....and the most probably outcome is that your package is gonna end stuck in the "custom house" ($) or the product end in your hand ..but its open...with a few missing parts...

so i go for with the "box/courier path"
Old 2014-09-03, 17:11   Link #4799
FlyingCow65

Any news in the NT SS?
Old 2014-09-03, 17:17   Link #4800
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

if i had to guess it could be released on the same month or maybe the month after, so that would mean NT 1 SS and NT 11..... so its been awhile but i forget what SS's topic was about.

Ah, found it, it was entei that translated the text for it, about mini misaki and misaki tracking down her creator... smells like a kihara plot, entei also said it might be related to NT 11, so it would make sense to release them both around the same time.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2014-09-03 at 17:23. Reason: browsing the pages before the BT stuff
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions