Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-07-20, 18:11   Link #101
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam fish View Post
inb4 last boss is Hitler
Isn't that pretty unlikely given they've rewritten history so WW2 never happened?
Old 2016-07-20, 18:20   Link #102
steam fish

Doesn't change the fact he still probably got rejected from art school
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 18:34   Link #103
XFire
150% done

It might, given he probably doesn't even exist.

Japan likes to forget that it was on the wrong side of that war. Reminders of what the rest of their allies were doing during that period are not likely to appear.
Old 2016-07-20, 18:53   Link #104
zzhk
Summary Machine

Chronicle Legion's version of the Second World War (found in Volume 5 glossary):

Late 1920s, young boy military commander arose in a central European country protected by the sacred beast Lorelei. People nicknamed him Napoleon IV due to visual resemblance, but he would always get angry and insist on just Napoleon.

Using ground forces composed of infantry, tanks and Legions, he conquered Switzerland.

Then in 1930, he annexed France and declared the founding of the New Empire, officially announcing himself as Napoleon Bonaparte.

He started with Germany and Austria (too bad for Hitler, I guess? But Hitler wouldn't be a powerful ancient warrior at the time no matter what) and went on to sweep through Poland, Belgium, Holland, Italy, etc.

Then the war with the British Empire began.

The war intensified in Europe, but the Napoleon's greatest enemy turned out to pop out of the center of the New Empire unexpectedly. A young man named Karl (or Charles) appeared in Alsace-Lorraine to rebel against the New Empire.

Napoleon's New Empire was defeated in 1945, thus concluding the Second World War (also known as the Hero War).

Japan allied with the New Empire in 1933 and attacked Pearl Harbor in 1936. In the late 1930s, the "northern court" in Hokkaido (which had been biding their time since being driven there during the Meiji Restoration) saw that the Great Empire of Japan was losing the Pacific war and raised a coalition army to attack Osaka to subjugate the "southern court."

1940, Japan surrendered to America's terms (which is why the US occupation still occurred until Caesar came along to "liberate" Japan).

After the war, Imperial Japan was founded with Himiko as the first Empress.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 19:00   Link #105
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Chronicle Legion's version of the Second World War (found in Volume 5 glossary):

Late 1920s, young boy military commander arose in a central European country protected by the sacred beast Lorelei. People nicknamed him Napoleon IV due to visual resemblance, but he would always get angry and insist on just Napoleon.

Using ground forces composed of infantry, tanks and Legions, he conquered Switzerland.

Then in 1930, he annexed France and declared the founding of the New Empire, officially announcing himself as Napoleon Bonaparte.

He started with Germany and Austria (too bad for Hitler, I guess? But Hitler wouldn't be a powerful ancient warrior at the time no matter what) and went on to sweep through Poland, Belgium, Holland, Italy, etc.

The war intensified in Europe, but the Napoleon's greatest enemy turned out to pop out of the center of the New Empire unexpectedly. A young man named Karl (or Charles) appeared in Alsace-Lorraine to rebel against the New Empire.

Napoleon's New Empire was defeated in 1945, thus concluding the Second World War (also known as the Hero War).

Japan allied with the New Empire in 1933 and attacked Pearl Harbor in 1936. In the late 1930s, the "northern court" in Hokkaido (which had been biding their time since being driven there during the Meiji Restoration) saw that the Great Empire of Japan was losing the Pacific war and raised a coalition army to attack Osaka to subjugate the "southern court."

1940, Japan surrendered to America's terms (which is why the US occupation still occurred until Caesar came along to "liberate" Japan).

Hmmm, I'm impressed he put that much thought into it.

I'm also surprised he still let America win, though I suppose that was necessary to set the stage.
Old 2016-07-20, 19:08   Link #106
zzhk
Summary Machine

Other historical tidbits:
Legions were first deployed in Europe during the 1920s as secret weapons rather than main forces because artificial ectoplasmic fluid and water shrines did not exist back then.

Artificial ectoplasmic fluid came into practical use in the early 1970s, thus ushering in a new era where the principle of "a Legion is the only weapon capable of fighting another Legion" (sounds like Heavy Object...) dominated the battlefield.

Meanwhile, America did not worship any sacred beast and without Legions, they lost superpower status.
Old 2016-07-20, 19:30   Link #107
Urbano

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

I'm also surprised he still let America win, though I suppose that was necessary to set the stage.
That's exactly why I like his novels so much. His universes are well thought.
Old 2016-07-20, 19:36   Link #108
KnightShade

Quote:

Quote:

This is how you do an alternate ww2 timeline; explain stuff in detail instead of just using it as a backdrop (riku misora pay attention to this )
Old 2016-07-20, 19:42   Link #109
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Pretty sure Caesar will have multiple Feats of Arms.

Rather than finishing moves, Feats of Arms are more like tactical maneuvers or special equipment in many cases.

For example, the Black Prince already has 3 Feats of Arms revealed so far.
So they don't function like a Noble Phantasm would?
Old 2016-07-20, 19:51   Link #110
zzhk
Summary Machine

Not in the sense of a nuke or something that can brute force its way against a ridiculously larger army, no.

Tactics and numbers are both important.

Last edited by zzhk; 2016-07-20 at 20:08.
Old 2016-07-20, 20:46   Link #111
XFire
150% done

So no chance of someone going all EXCALIBURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR on us?
Old 2016-07-20, 21:54   Link #112
Urbano

Quote:
Not in the sense of a nuke or something that can brute force its way against a ridiculously larger army, no.

Tactics and numbers are both important.
I thought it would be like that. he's trying to create a modern classical warfare thing. if u know what i mean.
Old 2016-07-21, 00:46   Link #113
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

What are the chances that Masatsugu is Alexander?
Old 2016-07-21, 04:46   Link #114
bakapervert
A pervert

^Zero. From the flashback there is no way he is Alexander.
Old 2016-07-21, 07:22   Link #115
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Well, at least I tried.

But I'm really curious with this hero that's said to be Caesar's equal.
Old 2016-07-21, 09:08   Link #116
XFire
150% done

Well, if we're going for historical accuracy, then I suppose he couldn't be Genghis Khan or one of his generals.

Since Khan was so far above Ceasar in terms of conquerors that its almost a banality. He owned like half the planet at one point.

I mean, I always thought it was odd FZ called Alex the King of Conquerors, since by association that would make the very human Khan the God of Conquerors.
Old 2016-07-21, 10:32   Link #117
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
So no chance of someone going all EXCALIBURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR on us?
*looks at Richard the Lionheart's favored blade*
*looks at his Legion type*

Yeah, I think we got that covered too.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 17:57   Link #118
RDNexus

zzhk, you haven't managed to read Vol04&05 so far?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 08:35   Link #119
dragon1412

his memory so far indicate he is either Genghis khan or one of his general or Attila the Huns who also deeply related to mongolian as well. Though yeah - whether it's Attila or Khan they both far outstripped Caesar in power/
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 09:39   Link #120
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Though Masatsugu's amnesia actually makes things more exciting for me by adding in that air of mystery, I'm scared of the possibility of his true identity being underwhelming. Heh, here's to hoping for Genghis Khan.

Hm, anyway. Imho, Alexander the Great would make a great addition to the Resurrectee cast. He's a hero in every sense of word (not morally speaking, of course). He was as ambitious as he was victorious. Just look at his bloody will.

Spoiler for Contents of Alexander's Will:

I giggled reading it.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, politics