AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-13, 03:11   Link #1
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Beauty Pop Manga

Genre - Comedy, Shoujo,

Creator - Kiyoko Arai

Licensed by:Viz, so no posting or requesting for the scans.

Basic Plot - In Kiri's school there are 3 boys who carry out transformations on random pretty girls; Narumi Shougo, the hairstylist, Minami Kei, the nail artist and Ochiai Kazuhiko who balances the overall look. They are adored by the girls because they are so good at making them beautiful. However, Kiri is also a master hairstylist who is willing to 'add some magic' for those who need it, but in disguise. Now Kiri is forced to face the three in a showdown with Narumi.

Baka-Update has a nice little review about it so read it, it's worth the time.

Spoilers for the Baka-Update Review (for people who don't want to do the clicking)
Spoiler:

English Release - 2 Volumes so far, volume 3 is pending.
Japanese Releases - 6 Volumes.

I only recently discovered this manga when my sister bought this manga. Overall this is a highly enjoyable manga. Kiri is a total slob, she's independent but seems to lack common courtesy. Now usually shoujo manga are usually boring, but this one i've seem to have gotten very attracted to it. Go and enjoy the manga.

ps: Kiri is cute too ^_^.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2006-12-18, 02:29   Link #2
kenshinflyer
Super Combat Butler

I first saw Beauty Pop on the August 2006 issue of Shojo Beat, and after reading it I am now craving for more. I still can't forget this line from Kiri:

"Hey, the hair at the right nape...is longer than the left by five millimeters."

That made Narumi livid...

Kiri is the Kenshin of the world of haircutters, shaming the famous Scissors Project in the first episode. Haha! She simply owned them!
Closed Thread