5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.34%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.34%
1 out of 10 : Painful 31 5.28%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-01, 04:18   Link #1021
strategos

Hmmm. not sure if this been ask before. But, since Lelouch killed The King, it means that Lelouch is immortal now?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 04:26   Link #1022
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Hmmm. not sure if this been ask before. But, since Lelouch killed The King, it means that Lelouch is immortal now?
Lelouch didn't kill the emperor. Just the collective conciousness of everyone who has ever lived or some jack like that. He just used his geass to make a wish. He wished for time not to stop, for ragnarok not to happen, "for there to be a tomorrow."

A consequence of his wish was Charles and Marianne getting taken away by whatever is behind that thought elevator.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 04:37   Link #1023
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
oh wow Lelouch and Suzaku were just epic win there. Suzaku's facial expression that he had on during the whole thing was just great. I acknowledge Lelouch!

Ep was really an unexpected turn of events, have to give it to C.C. for saving the world lol. She didn't look particularly thrilled however at Lelouch's little performance on TV though. I have a feeling that she's going to end up being his downfall in the end
Old 2008-09-01, 04:45   Link #1024
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I feel that Code Geass had a lot of potential but completely wasted it on idiotic storylines like Drugzaku, instead of trying to develop the Black Knights, especially wasteful was Todoh, who should have been the Code Geass version of Mat Cauthon from the Wheel of Time, a military genius to match Lelouch's political genius. Instead Todoh was just some guy who brought along 4 extra mechas. and we got the Black Knights reduced to Zero's babies, unable to do anything without him. The only worthwhile fighter was Kallen.
Uh, using Wheel of Time as an example of how things should be done? After book 1 that series went downhill fast. Though I find it amusing how many people seem to watch geass for the sheer fact that they can later whine how much they hate the main character and plot.

Episode 21 was pretty much awesome, over the top plot twists are expected of Code Geass and quite frankly their explanation seemed reasonable enough.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 04:46   Link #1025
christinemarie
Crazy One

I still don't get it when Suzaku tried to attack Lelouch at the end and Lelouch told him "So what?" then after 1 month they are again a team to reckon with.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 04:47   Link #1026
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
I still don't get it when Suzaku tried to attack Lelouch at the end and Lelouch told him "So what?" then after 1 month they are again a team to reckon with.
lol justt look at this note from Suzakul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad wolf View Post
Spoiler for language:
Old 2008-09-01, 04:57   Link #1027
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

After watching the episode. I sort of feel that Suzaku and Lelouch had some deal behind. Suzaku will want to avenge Euphie's death. They couldn't have reconcile and fight together overnight. I will like to know what is the deal behind. Lelouch will probably want to make a gentle, peaceful world Nunnally and Euphie should have want before dying by Suzaku hand (Will C.C. agree to this? She prioritize his survival). This guy should lose his Geass by the end of the show.

This isn't good. It feels like Lelouch's side is the antagonist using the power of evil (Geass) to control the world while Schneizel of the 'Justice' will remove him to save the world

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 05:15   Link #1028
coba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
After watching the episode. I sort of feel that Suzaku and Lelouch had some deal behind. Suzaku will want to avenge Euphie's death. They couldn't have reconcile and fight together overnight. I will like to know what is the deal behind. Lelouch will probably want to make a gentle, peaceful world Nunnally and Euphie should have want before dying by Suzaku hand (Will C.C. agree to this? She prioritize his survival). This guy should lose his Geass by the end of the show.

This isn't good. It feels like Lelouch's side is the antagonist using the power of evil (Geass) to control the world while Schneizel of the 'Justice' will remove him to save the world
Well actually it is simple. Since ep 20, Suzaku has evolved from someone who feels optimistic (creating a gentle world through passive means) to pessimistic (results are more important than the means). Suzaku's pessimistic view is similar to Lelouch's view since the beginning (using any mean necessary to achieve his objectives). So, Suzaku does not need the deal with Lelouch to work together. Both of them are already in agreement that they basically have to be "evil" (lie, etc.) to create a better world (just like what Suzaku said in ep 17).

BTW, for some reason, I got a feeling that CC will be the sacrifice in the last episode so that Lelouch will lose his Geass. I can imagine the scene where C.C. die in Lelouch's hands while smilling which causes the demise of the Geass forever.

Also, regarding the Schneizel being a good guy, I don't think creating and using FLEIA (which is WMD) can be considered good.
coba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 05:40   Link #1029
tbl
Affably Evil

Personally I think Schniezel will loose and Lelouch will win (or at least come out ahead of the two) because everything has seemed to go Schniezel's way so far.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 05:44   Link #1030
NextTime

I noticed that camera-man guy (forget his name ) managed to ingratiate himself to Schneizel's side...
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 05:45   Link #1031
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

Spoiler for spoiler:

Was that really Kallen in the first preview?
KALULU WINS!
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 05:48   Link #1032
Franckisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextTime View Post
I noticed that camera-man guy (forget his name ) managed to ingratiate himself to Schneizel's side...
Its Diethard.
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 05:49   Link #1033
NextTime

For some reason I expect Kallen to end up fighting against Lelouch. The OoBK will side with Schneizel, and she will get manipulated into following.

Lelouch & C.C. is looking pretty good right about now. She must be impressed with what he did with Charles! And now she remembers what he did to save her earlier. He is the only thing giving her a reason to keep living! And they understand each other. Tell me, how can Kallen compare?
Old 2008-09-01, 05:54   Link #1034
Child_of_Sierra

Lelouch's ascension was just fun to watch.

I think the one month time-skip allowed both lelouch and suzaku to come up with a plan to set things in motion for whatever objectives they have. Waltzing in on the throne room was the tip of the iceberg and i won't be surprised to find out that they already managed to recruit several non-geassed allies during that time.

Suzaku is helping lelouch take over because they currently have no army to speak of to counter schniezel. Even the geass "acknowledge me" was carefully thought out to have a long lasting effect while minimizing the loss of free will.

(Afterall, once they agree to his ascension most people would be free to think whatever they want)
Old 2008-09-01, 05:57   Link #1035
NextTime

Lelouch... you OWN

Old 2008-09-01, 06:26   Link #1036
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextTime View Post
Lelouch & C.C. is looking pretty good right about now. She must be impressed with what he did with Charles!
Did you see her expression at the end of the episode after Lelouch's TV special?
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-09-01, 07:01   Link #1037
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
lol justt look at this note from Suzakul.
lol I bet you didn't know that there will be a Knight of Negative-One (Being Kallen) XD
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 07:08   Link #1038
Exucartus

I enjoyed this episode, although I am somewhat confused as to why Suzaku and Lelouch seem to be best buds now, but I assume that will be explained in Turn 22.

To be honest I feel that Lelouch's use of Geass was absolutely perfect for the ending of this episode. Sure it makes him appear all evil and manipulating, but that is what IMO makes Lelouch such a cool character to begin with. In fact Lelouch being a Machiavellian badass (even though Machiavelli would probably dislike Lelouch immensely) is probably one of the primary reasons I watch this show, which is why I think the writers scored a hit with that ending. Of course this is only my opinion. This is also my first actual post here in this forum, not counting the intro thread, so hello to everyone.

Exucartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 07:08   Link #1039
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
lol I bet you didn't know that there will be a Knight of Negative-One (Being Kallen) XD
Yeah, well Suzaku can be The Knight of Infinity Plus One.

Old 2008-09-01, 07:14   Link #1040
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
Yeah, well Suzaku can be The Knight of Infinity Plus One.
Then he would be last place of ALL existing Rounds because his number is so huge... duh... XD
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote