Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2007-02-06, 14:37   Link #81
Typhoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
RSS Feed Update

I've made a slight change to the RSS feed. You can now supply the "style=alt" parameter, like this:
http://www.rpguru.com/rss.php?style=alt
Thank you!!!

That works great with the perl RSS parser (tvtorrentfetch) I use for my bittorrent Client (mldonkey) too.

Regards,
Typhoe
Typhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 11:43   Link #82
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
Since Animesuki's RSS feeds do not offer any means to filter by series and/or fansub group, I wrote a PHP script which downloads the relevant Animesuki XML feed (caching it for 15 minutes as required by the XML information page) and outputs it as a uTorrent-compatible RSS feed. The source code for this script can be found here. It's very much a quick'n'dirty solution, but it does work. I'm sure there are ways in which it could be improved, so if anyone here is interested, have at it. Alternatively if there's anything the script does with regards to Animesuki that it shouldn't be doing, please let me know.

EDIT: also in case it isn't obvious, the script takes 3 arguments, one of which is optional:

sid (required): Animesuki series ID
gid (required): Animesuki group ID (for multigroup releases, can be either group's ID)
v (optional): version (e.g. XviD, h264)
Old 2008-05-22, 06:31   Link #83
Fahd
* >/dev/null

Many thanks for the PHP script Danj. Just a couple of suggestions though:

1) $release->torrent->direct on this line:

Code:
echo "<link>" . $release->torrent->direct . "</link>\n";
should have htmlspecialchars wrapped around (as shown below), as otherwise URL's with ampersands in them cause problems.

Code:
echo "<link>" . htmlspecialchars($release->torrent->direct) . "</link>\n";

2) I replaced $release->version == $vidver on this line:

Code:
if ((isset($vidver) && ($release->version == $vidver)) || (!isset($vidver))) {
with a preg_match:

Code:
if ((isset($vidver) && ( preg_match("#" . $vidver . "#i", $release->version) )) || (!isset($vidver))) {
in case a group releases a second version, which shows up as: h264 v2 for example.

Last edited by Fahd; 2009-01-10 at 21:23. Reason: Correction
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 09:02   Link #84
Cetra3

Hey Guys,

Simple question.

Any way of coaxing the xml with some nice GET statements to retrieve a list of series ID's ?

I'm thinking along the lines of something like this:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php?show=detailed

But in XML Form.

Something like:

<series>
<id>1215</id>
<title>Amatsuki</title>
<completed>No</completed>
<episodes>13</episodes>
<vintage>Apr 2008</vintage>
<updated>2008-07-14</updated>
</series>

But yeah, can easily parse the html table and create something like that anyways. Just wondering if there was already an existing xml interface for retrieving series information, something to link the ID and Title together

Last edited by Cetra3; 2008-07-21 at 09:06. Reason: wanted to include an example xml mockup
Cetra3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 04:52   Link #85
Fahd
* >/dev/null

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cetra3 View Post
Hey Guys,

Simple question.

Any way of coaxing the xml with some nice GET statements to retrieve a list of series ID's ?

I'm thinking along the lines of something like this:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php?show=detailed

But in XML Form.

Something like:

<series>
<id>1215</id>
<title>Amatsuki</title>
<completed>No</completed>
<episodes>13</episodes>
<vintage>Apr 2008</vintage>
<updated>2008-07-14</updated>
</series>

But yeah, can easily parse the html table and create something like that anyways. Just wondering if there was already an existing xml interface for retrieving series information, something to link the ID and Title together
You'd have to write your own PHP script, although you could use Danj's as a base. Remove the 'v' & 'gid' GET blocks, and put in an explode statement to separate out a list of series id's, say separated by comma's (or whatever character you prefer). You'll then need to run a foreach loop over the:

Code:
if (!isCached()) {
	dlSeriesXml();
}
block for each of the series id's. You'll finally need to move the line:

Code:
$ourXML = simplexml_load_file($filepath . $seriesid . ".xml");
inside the foreach block at the end, and change it so that it loops over your list of series id's. Inside the foreach you'll want to have echo statements to put out the information on each series. The vintage & updated fields are stored as Unix time stamps, so you'll need to convert those using the date function.

Last edited by Fahd; 2008-08-07 at 04:54. Reason: Slightly incorrect sentance.
Old 2011-06-17, 06:20   Link #86
Maiku_Ando

Is there an option that can be given to the xml or rss feeds to get the list of new licenses ? Or even put something in the xml feed when requesting an update on a licensed series?

At present it just seems to return an error, it would be great if it returned something with the 'licensed' field set or something, that way any sites using the feed will know to stop using it or the series. For example I parse the xml and store the results in a db, and the db updates from the feed, but it dosnt know if the series was licensed since last update, and so just keeps the old torrents listed. Basically means its showing the torrents and links as normal.
Maiku_Ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 09:56   Link #87
Fahd
* >/dev/null

Are you saying you'd like an RSS feed for the licensed database? Unless you've got quite a few series in your database it'd probably be easier to check each series feed individually to see if they return the: series is licensed error.

I appreciate how inefficient that might be though, so the other thing you could do is write a PHP script that takes a look at the source for the licensed database front page, and get the licensed anime names from that. I'm not sure how the Animesuki staff would feel about someone scraping that page (you'd probably have to ask permission first), but given that only a few animes are added each month, you'd probably only have to scrape that page once a week.

An RSS feed for the licensed database would be a good idea for version 3 of the Animesuki site. You might want to repost your post into wishlist thread, so that GHDpro knows about it.
Old 2011-06-20, 23:52   Link #88
relentlessflame

*Administrator

There has been some discussion already about what should happen about the licensing list, given that licensing has become a lot more dynamic and complex in recent years (with region-locked streaming-only licenses, and the like). I think an RSS feed seems like a good idea as a potential addition as well, but we'll see who has time for it and when...
Old 2011-06-21, 07:12   Link #89
cyth
Banned

For now you could use a 3rd party service like Yahoo's Dapper to create an RSS/XML feed from that list.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animesuki suggestion, faq, feature request, wiki candidate