AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 26 30.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 21.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 12.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-25, 11:52   Link #21
tsunade666

Nope. The first scene of Awaki on this episode is already at her mission. When she face off the skill out.
Old 2011-03-25, 12:18   Link #22
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So servant boy will come next week huh?

Not interested with him and be waiting for the subs.
Old 2011-03-25, 14:12   Link #23
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

SS is finally animated !!
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 14:18   Link #24
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Lol, only saw the Raw but it indeed was fast pacing. They tried to get the epilogue in quick as possible.

Was season 1 rushed like this season?

Last edited by I_am_Kami; 2011-03-25 at 14:29.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 14:40   Link #25
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Lol, only saw the Raw but it indeed was fast pacing. They tried to get the epilogue in quick as possible.

Was season 1 rushed like this season?
nope, season 1 had good pacing. It's not rushed at all even though they did cut some scenes. And it happens to be a special scene

but right now. They are inserting all important scene and neglecting some scene and even the pacing itself.

Season 2 is really a bit disappointing for me.
Old 2011-03-25, 14:42   Link #26
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
nope, season 1 had good pacing. It's not rushed at all even though they did cut some scenes. And it happens to be a special scene

but right now. They are inserting all important scene and neglecting some scene and even the pacing itself.

You're only saying that because you've read the translated novel before this season started.

It's all a matter of perspective; we have more novel readers this time around with more knowledge about what goes on in the original. If you had read the novel 1-6 before the start of the first season, you wouldn't be saying that as there were tons of cut materials from the novels.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 14:46   Link #27
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

Guess they wanted to end it here so if the possibility of season 3 happens they start right at 14. Though I dont see the harm in putting SS as an OVA. Stupid Railgun OVA wasn't even good. This season so far made me happy cuz it meant progress for the novels being animated. There wasnt much to expect this season. Though I'd rather hey shorten something else rather than making volume 13 quick. Maybe the Ouma ep was unnecessary.

@Chaos. Not really non novel readers have said the pacing was too fast. Anyone that sees their favorite novel
adapted should expect cuts. But compare 6 volumes in season 1 to 8 in season 2 with an ep that was left out season 1
Old 2011-03-25, 14:56   Link #28
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
@Chaos. Not really non novel readers have said the pacing was too fast. Anyone that sees their favorite novel
adapted should expect cuts. But compare 6 volumes in season 1 to 8 in season 2 with an ep that was left out season 1
You do know that season 1 have completely remove two characters? One of them was actually quite central to the plot at hand in the Angel Fall arc.

Do I think Season 2 was fast? Yes. Do I think Season 1 did a better job? No, I put them about equal.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 15:11   Link #29
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You do know that season 1 have completely remove two characters? One of them was actually quite central to the plot at hand in the Angel Fall arc.

Do I think Season 2 was fast? Yes. Do I think Season 1 did a better job? No, I put them about equal.
In pacing Season 2 is fast but despite Season 1 was more slow but it wasn't that bad.
If they would have used a better pacing for the Angel Fall things would have fitted better, yes, cutting some talks but keeping the flow of the whole event intact. For example was it necessary for the Sisters arc to be that long? Maybe but there were things that would have better to cut.

This season keeps the majority of the events but the flow is rushed sometimes.

The animation is a serious problem, in comparison Season 1 was solid but with less action, this series has more movement yet it has a weak animaton sometimes good sometimes half-assed.

Also there was more expectative for this season because of the Invasion arc which lead to the biggest events.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 16:55   Link #30
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

HAMAZURAAAA

I do agree that the change between volume 13 and SS was a bit abrupt. However, it's freaking GROUP, so I'll forgive this episode.

Return to the darkness:

Spoiler for volume 13 the branch road:

The two founders:

War:

Old 2011-03-25, 16:57   Link #31
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

GROUP:

Spoiler for SS volume 1 skill out:
Old 2011-03-25, 17:53   Link #32
Seihai
スマイリウム

A bit too much/fast for non-LN readers, a nice episode otherwise. Yahoo, more Awaki-chan!♥
Old 2011-03-25, 18:14   Link #33
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Who else got an orgasm hearing Terra say "its an order from Fiamma of the Right"
Old 2011-03-25, 18:23   Link #34
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Who else got an orgasm hearing Terra say "its an order from Fiamma of the Right"
When I see said Fiamma, I will.

Double that for a Kakine cameo.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 18:48   Link #35
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Yes, yes I did
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 19:30   Link #36
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Hyouka and Touma scene was nice. Would have liked to see her reunite with Index. Seems like her singing worked.

Not really shocked that the Doctor saved Aleister, but never expected it. I hope LO and the sister are ok for now.

The scenes with Himegami and Fukiyose were great. I thought Touma was going to give another speech when talking to Tsuchimkado, loled hard when he decided to study English.

Little confused at Accelerator's job now. So he works fro Group, no idea what that is yet. I'm guessing it's anotehr line of defense made by Aleister. Don't really like the idea of them taking out people within AC. Also how does Accelerator know Tsuchimikado now. Well nice to see Musujime again.

Finall next week Accelerator and Touma meet up!
Old 2011-03-25, 19:53   Link #37
Jobless Josh

Location: England, it's pretty small, I'm sure you'll find me.
after reading lots of stuff on the wiki i get the gist of most of whats goin down. But hell the fast transition for GROUP raped my mind.
I dunno if this happens in the novel then goes back and explains like i expect [hope] the anime will but hey i've started reading the novel on baka-tsuki now.

Loved the Himegami PAWNCH, and the Fukiyose forehead, lols for all.
Old 2011-03-25, 20:02   Link #38
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Good episode, GROUP finally animated! The Touma & Kazakiri scene was very touching~

Acqua with Terra on the phone, so that's what he sounds like!

Himegami got in a good punch, and Fukiyose's forehead was lol.
Touma trying to learn english, probably going to be one of his greatest challenges.

Tad bit disappointed with how they handled the transition scenes with GROUP, but oh well time constraints and what not.

Next episode - A drunk Misuzu & Hamazura Shiage's entrance into the anime hooray!
Old 2011-03-25, 20:23   Link #39
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Did he... undo just by rubbing it!? That's a godly skill, I have to say.

Was Himeagmi choking though? What was wrong with her anyway?

And how is this only 24 episodes? Did I miss some news about another season or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
The scenes with Himegami and Fukiyose were great. I thought Touma was going to give another speech when talking to Tsuchimkado, loled hard when he decided to study English.
Those were the best parts of the entire episode. Fukiyose is awesome too. Front clasp? Excellent...
Old 2011-03-25, 20:44   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The first half was just terrible... It started out at the climax, all of a sudden, with some insert song, and that was bad... But the following events felt so fast, it was like watching a digest of the story, yet at the same time, the episode apparently had enough free time doing some random food eating stuff. The last third of the episode calmed down a bit, so it wasn't as bad.
Animation is as always unstable as ever... At least that new character... What was it, that girl who choked on her food isn't a stick this time.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote