AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-26, 01:31   Link #201
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well just finished the game. I have to say it really did live up to my expectations and was a good time. Hard was pretty tough at times, but also satisfying to beat the game under.

There really is that tricky balance with supplies. By the end was in a bit of odd situation of having conserved quite a bit of ammo, but almost none of crafting materials.
Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2013-06-26, 21:45   Link #202
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well just finished the game. I have to say it really did live up to my expectations and was a good time. Hard was pretty tough at times, but also satisfying to beat the game under.

There really is that tricky balance with supplies. By the end was in a bit of odd situation of having conserved quite a bit of ammo, but almost none of crafting materials.
Spoiler for Ending:
Agreed!

Ohhh! If there was still a cookie I'd give you lots. Those are the reasons why I like the story of The Last Of Us.

Spoiler for collectibles:
Old 2013-06-26, 23:27   Link #203
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Agreed!

Ohhh! If there was still a cookie I'd give you lots. Those are the reasons why I like the story of The Last Of Us.

Spoiler for collectibles:
Always nice to know someone agrees with me .

Just wanted to throw a lot out there after beating the game. Definitely a good one.
Spoiler for Collectables and the End:
Old 2013-06-28, 20:05   Link #204
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Always nice to know someone agrees with me .

Just wanted to throw a lot out there after beating the game. Definitely a good one.
Spoiler for Collectables and the End:
Spoiler for :

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 05:25   Link #205
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

There are 2 morale kills here

Spoiler for Kills:

Edit:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-29, 16:30   Link #206
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Just finished the game. Loved it. There were some parts that I think it was dragged out, like with human enemies that I think it could have been less. I also expected more puzzles then simply grab a ladder and put it on the wall so you can climb.

Spoiler for Ending impressions:
Old 2013-06-30, 17:14   Link #207
videoman190

Quote:
Last week, Sony Computer Entertainment released The Last of Us in Japan, and the game sold 117,465 copies in its first week. Sales tracker Media Create reports that the game sold through 88.01% of its initial shipment.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/29...well-in-japan/
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 18:33   Link #208
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Seems even in Japan it's doing good. Awaiting some Japanese the last of us fanart.
If you know what I mean...ha-Hah!
Old 2013-07-01, 01:01   Link #209
Freeter
beyond

Most of it will probably involve Ellie and giraffes...and maybe the monkeys
Old 2013-07-01, 17:40   Link #210
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Just finished the game. Loved it. There were some parts that I think it was dragged out, like with human enemies that I think it could have been less. I also expected more puzzles then simply grab a ladder and put it on the wall so you can climb.

Spoiler for Ending impressions:
Spoiler for "Ending":
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 18:28   Link #211
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The greater good here is endure and survive. Glad alot of people are taking a second look at the situation and not just judging Joel for his final actions.

Spoiler for Joel and Marlene:
Old 2013-07-01, 21:00   Link #212
chaosprophet

One thing that really made me frown at Marlene was:
Spoiler for near end:

And about Joel character and personality:
Spoiler for all around the game:

Now just a random musing on those stories we only learn about reading artifacts. I wonder if Ish did survive or not. I remember we do get an artifact and a body that shows that Kyle did die, but as far as I remember we know Ish was able to escape with some people from there, but never know what happened to them afterwards.
Old 2013-07-01, 22:06   Link #213
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
The greater good here is endure and survive. Glad alot of people are taking a second look at the situation and not just judging Joel for his final actions.
"Endure and Survive" reminds me of the British series about nuclear civil defense called Protect and Survive.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 22:34   Link #214
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^That's probably where that motto in the comic got it.

Endure everything and keep on living, even though you need to do something not morally good like killing.
Old 2013-07-02, 01:43   Link #215
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well now...seems there is a fan art in pixiv that makes Joel a pedobear

http://sadpanda.us/images/1707273-WNLUB8D.jpg
Old 2013-07-05, 20:02   Link #216
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Skip to 57:00

Nice point of view from Markiplier.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-07-05, 20:23   Link #217
LeoXiao
思想工作

The way the guy reacted at the part where Ellie got killed at about 16:00 was hilarious.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 08:21   Link #218
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I watched Markiplier's videos too. The guy is hilarious, even if his aim sucks. He's still my favorite YouTuber. I watch his vids near-religiously. :XD:

But the end was a tough decision that I don't think any of us could say "I would do so-and-so" since we've never been in that situation (and hopefully never will be).

What I enjoyed most about The Last of Us was that it treated me like a goddamn adult and didn't hold my hand through the entire damn game. I was forced to think on my feet in most situations and, even on my second playthrough, was still challenging and fun. First time through I think I had the problems most people had - tons of ammo but I started to run out of molotovs and improvised bombs. Second time through I balanced my use of supplies vs. ammo better and wasn't so afraid to shiv clickers when I needed to. Both palythroughs I played stealthy except where I absolutely had to go loud and never really worried about my health. I had max healthkits at all times but hardly used them and ended up wishing I had saved my rags for more molotovs (molotovs I went through like a kid goes through candy on Halloween).

Honestly my only complaint about the game was that we didn't get to play as Ellie more. She was better with a bow and relied a lot more on weapons than melee combat (if there are enough bricks, bottles, and melee weapons lying around, Joel can just fisticuffs his way to victory). Some people didn't like it, but I liked how Ellie was neither as physically strong nor as resilient as Joel, so it presented a unique challenge to make your shots count (the 3-shot rifle made me drool a bit) and to not get hit. Attempting to go Rambo and punch my way to victory when you're surrounded by zombies can work with Joel, but Ellie can't take nearly as many hits so trying to melee is akin to committing suicide.

Needless to say, this has been one of the best games I've played in a LONG time. I love a mature story that has truly human moments in it. It also showed the perspective of individuals who were not a superheroes or anything special, but people who simply wanted to protect what mattered to them. In my humble opinion the game deserves all the high praise it's been getting, from gamers and critics alike. It's not often that a game puts story and characterization first. The other great elements of the game (such as the phenomenal graphics considering it was on a PS3) are simply icing on the cake.

I'm going to have to take my cousin out for dinner or something for him letting me borrow his PS3 and this awesome game. It was that good.
Old 2013-07-10, 03:32   Link #219
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The Last of Us is PS3’s fastest selling new franchise

http://www.gamesradar.com/last-us-ps...ew-ip-history/

After the TV series I predict a sequel/prequel game.
Old 2013-07-15, 21:45   Link #220
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

this game was stellar. i've played a lot of "the best game of this generation," on narrative alone, this game trumps all of them. it was a mature game that maintained that standard all the way through. the parallel from the beginning to the end of the game was excellently done. the way their relationship developed from start to finish was also amazing. at the end, i was like, "oh my god, which one of you is going to die?!" and thankfully, they didn't write it out like that.

and winter was by FAR the best chapter. it showed the good and bad that comes out in people in a situation like this in one person. plus that chapter made me a ninja with the bow and arrow. easily the best weapon in the game.

and yeah, the first 10 minutes of the game are better than some full fledged titles... browsing the earlier posts in the thread, the tension is palpable when you have to decide how to approach a room of clickers or enemies when you only have 2 shots in your revolver. you quickly learn to use bottles/bricks both as a distraction and as a throw at enemy, one shot them with your melee weapon.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2013-07-15 at 21:55.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote