AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-08, 22:41   Link #21
SlugZilla
woofles

This episode exceeded my expectations, hope the overall package turns out as good:
Spoiler for EPISODE 1:
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 00:49   Link #22
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Did they actually use any English in the ep?
Old 2006-04-09, 01:06   Link #23
lamer_de

Quote:
I am guessin it's prelicensed right, cus at the end credits it lists Geneon so basically if you see that, then it's 100% a sure thing right.
You mean that screen, right?

It's only sponsored by Geneon, which has no relevance to licensing at all (The japanese company is also called Geneon). Only Geneon USA means that it's licensed.

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2006-04-09, 04:47   Link #24
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamer_de
It's only sponsored by Geneon, which has no relevance to licensing at all (The japanese company is also called Geneon). Only Geneon USA means that it's licensed.
Geneon USA is credited in the ED:

(sorry for large picture, the file quality wasn't very good and shrinking it made it hard to read for my poor, myopic eyes...)
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 05:52   Link #25
wao
OK.

Yep, looks like it's prelicensed...

The first ep was not bad - no blatant fanservice, more action and it was generally quite okay. Although I don't understand why Levi (?) kind of sat on Rokurou when he was wearing the lifejacket, instead of protecting the ship! And of course there's the usual magical rule in anime that even hugeass bullets from an anti-ship helicopter won't ever, ever hit the characters

The level of drawings was quite nice - the shadows and stuff were quite well done and felt very adult-ish (as in like it reminds me vaguely of Cowboy Bebop and such shows). Especially the bar scene. But the actual movement was just okay in general - though I wish they didn't cop out when Levi fought, they actually just moved one still!

Surprising to see Megumi Toyoguchi as the lead character though, it sounds totally unlike her usual roles, which is why it felt a little funny I suppose. But - Tsutomu Isobe!!!! And Mami Koyama! Her voice is so sexy.

Well, let's just see what happens afterwards...
Old 2006-04-09, 06:05   Link #26
Neozonz
Founder of Hell-Fansubs

I was in the middle of translating it too :'(
It's just not fair!

Oh wells... better go pick up another project...
Neozonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 06:23   Link #27
Masj
saiko denwa o narimashita

Is there any official statement that about the prelicense?

Damn i just hate when this hapens =P
waiting quite a few weeks to get... sorry dude it's prelinced =P
Masj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 06:27   Link #28
lamer_de

The Geneon USA is enough to make it prelicensed. Geneon USA hasn't announced this title yet, but they will sooner or later, as they have done with all titles that had Geneon USA in it (TenTen, Burn-up scramble etc)

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2006-04-09, 07:11   Link #29
Masj
saiko denwa o narimashita

It's not offically licensed ... there is just a quite big chanse that it will be soner or later ... thats if i understand it right

Looks like Hell-fansubs dropped Black Lagoon =(
Masj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 07:27   Link #30
chucky
Always impatient

I am stuffed.... now I have seen enough corpses littering all over the place and I am happy and calm now :-)

Well only complaint is no blood -- but the idea of violence and corpses have sort of compensated for the loss. Not to mention it looks like a decent story.

Go Revy! I will keep the body count just for you!
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 05:55   Link #31
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Black Lagoon

Anyone watching this? I just watched ep.1, the gun fights are badass, the artwork is pretty good. Hopefully the story will be good too. Not sure if this is licensed or not, but Geneon is one of the sponsor, so it's probably licensed.

Genres: Action, PIRATES!!

Description:The story begins with a Japanese Saleryman (Rock) transporting some data for his company. However his ship is soon attacked by Pirates of the ship "Black Lagoon" on the Pacific and not only is his cargo stolen but he is too! After learning of these events his company reacts sqiftly, by sending a team of hired guns to take out the Black Lagoon, Rock included. Forced to fight, Rock decides to join the crew of this ship for hire, entering a world he never realized existed. Expect Action and piracy!

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-04-11 at 16:15. Reason: Threads merged. Show a spark of mind and actually find the thread that already exists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 05:57   Link #32
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
It's an excellent show and it is indeed a Geneon production, but there is already a thread for it here (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26784). 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 05:59   Link #33
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Sorry, I looked at the index first, but couldn't find it.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 07:52   Link #34
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSil80
Anyone watching this? I just watched ep.1, the gun fights are badass, the artwork is pretty good. Hopefully the story will be good too. Not sure if this is licensed or not, but Geneon is one of the sponsor, so it's probably licensed.
Geneon USA is not the sponsor, they are on the production staff. The symbol you see during the sponsor messages is the generic Geneon logo from by arms of the company. The one during the producer lists is Geneon USA (obviously). This is the equivalent of a pre-license although they will probably deny it until we are closer to a release date like always.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 08:16   Link #35
chucky
Always impatient

Just finished reading vol 1-4....

Man, someone said it right -- the blood can prolly flood the whole tokyo.
The story is a decent one, basically no good guy inside, every one is butcher except one, and levy is basically psycho from time to time.

And I wonder how some of the stuff can ever be put on tv....
Spoiler:

I dont think that kind of material, even if not graphic and only mere mentioning, can be shown on tv....
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 08:34   Link #36
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

I predict this will be on Adult Swim in half a year to a year's time.
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 09:05   Link #37
DaFool
Resident devil

Yep, this is a MANLY show. Now with this and Coyote Ragtime, it'll be hardcore guns action...'bout time.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 09:05   Link #38
Altharion
Pirate A

Send a message via MSN to Altharion
im gonna watch it, it has nice animation, seemingly decent story and some nice voice actors include one of my favourites: Hiroaki Hirata

Altharion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 11:10   Link #39
Ronbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neozonz
I was in the middle of translating it too :'(
It's just not fair!

Oh wells... better go pick up another project...

You do realize of course that the licensing of any Anime series does not effect, in any way, who owns the copyrighted material that was licensed! Nor does the DMCA apply to any source material that was obtained by any means that does not employ DRM technology!
Ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 15:14   Link #40
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbo
You do realize of course that the licensing of any Anime series does not effect, in any way, who owns the copyrighted material that was licensed! Nor does the DMCA apply to any source material that was obtained by any means that does not employ DRM technology!
Well, look at it this way... if companies in the US have a monetary stake in the production, they have a lot more reasons to go after people in the US distributing their "investment" for free over the Internet than if no companies in the US had a significant monetary stake. Basically, lawsuits across oceans are more expensive to carry out, but lawsuits across state lines? Easy.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, seinen