AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-01, 16:55   Link #121
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Does Rune Factory have anime/CG cutscenes? What about voiced dialogues? I got Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon and don't like it. I also got Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness and haven't played too much of it yet, since the game focuses too much on farming. It is certainly boring to be spending hours of time on cutting grass, plowing fields, watering plants, chopping tree slumps and hammering stones.

I hope Rune Factory 2 will not have any that.
Have you played other Harvest Moon games before? =0 It's not ALL about the farming part of it, you have to take care of your relashionships, you have to unlock new stuff (such as the new homes, new pets, new skills etc), and you have to finish quests (especially on Rune Factory), among other things.

Well, there are no CGs, but you have "events" (certain character gets stuck somewhere and you have to save it; the marriage scenes, blabla), etc.

But it's not like the game has a point, imo. It's really puzzle-like and you'll only enjoy it if you're into that stuff.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 17:42   Link #122
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

And if you don't like doing all of that above are you even playing the right game!? O.o
I mean. That IS what Harvest Moon is. Rune Factory is more of a spin-off since after a certain point you don't even need to touch farming since you'll make all your money via mining.
Old 2008-10-01, 23:40   Link #123
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraFilipa View Post
Have you played other Harvest Moon games before? =0 It's not ALL about the farming part of it, you have to take care of your relashionships, you have to unlock new stuff (such as the new homes, new pets, new skills etc), and you have to finish quests (especially on Rune Factory), among other things.
Yes, I had played many other older Harvest Moon games and is well aware that the game series isn't all about farming, but for the newest DS one. Perhaps, I am still in the early days of the game, but after spending a few hours farming, I stopped playing.

Hearing that Rune Factory is a spinoff that isn't focused on farming, I will looking forward to the sequel game.

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2008-10-01 at 23:41. Reason: to fix quote syntax error
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 00:27   Link #124
krisslanza

Well in a way Rune Factory's farming is even more important then the normal. Since you have to grow crops to get Rune Points (or rather to refill them) unless you want every action to take up your HP... And running out of HP in a dungeon will result in a Game Over (A Harvest Moon first!)

You just have to farm. It's what Harvest Moon is about. It's what got me started on it. Rune Factory was a nice, fun way to change the farming system to being more useful since in any other HM animals yield much better profit (minus Pineapples).
Old 2008-10-02, 03:35   Link #125
AnimeFangirl

If rune points are all you're after you just have to farm once, grow a quick-growing crop and then leave it there for the rest of the game. But in Rune Factory 2, later dungeons will often require that you grow a certain kind of crop or flower, e.g. pineapples, before you can proceed. Do you know how long it takes for pineapples to grow? =_=
Old 2008-10-03, 14:29   Link #126
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Yes, I had played many other older Harvest Moon games and is well aware that the game series isn't all about farming, but for the newest DS one. Perhaps, I am still in the early days of the game, but after spending a few hours farming, I stopped playing.

Hearing that Rune Factory is a spinoff that isn't focused on farming, I will looking forward to the sequel game.
If it's Island of Happiness you are talking about, you don't have to worry about farming early on. Scavanging and fishing would be your primary income till you have access to the mines or Wonderfuls for tools upgrade.

Other than for gaining cooking recipe or winning crop festivals, you can totally skip farming in it.
Old 2008-10-03, 18:11   Link #127
krisslanza

Well you also need to farm for Island Completion I think. Some of the Farmer Sub-Villagers won't show up until you've shipped enough crops.
Old 2008-10-04, 06:55   Link #128
Amray

I wanted to marry Nami, but she did not marry me in the end so I got stuck with that cute brunette girl. I was upset about that though because I was so close and worked so hard for Nami.

Also, I have still not been given that horse! What is taking it so long? I am at the point where one should have gained posession of it a long time ago, yet it is still not here! I can bet that farmer that gives you things has stolen and eaten it!
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 21:44   Link #129
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
If it's Island of Happiness you are talking about, you don't have to worry about farming early on. Scavanging and fishing would be your primary income till you have access to the mines or Wonderfuls for tools upgrade.

Other than for gaining cooking recipe or winning crop festivals, you can totally skip farming in it.
You are totally right. I am currently midway into the summer season and I haven't done a single day of the farming at all, skipped the crop festivals too. The mines seem to be interesting, this is quite a good game!
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 00:03   Link #130
kujoe
from head to heel

I suggest you farm in order to win some harvest festivals. You can receive wonderfuls if you win. Those wonderfuls will certainly help in the mines.

I was able to reach the 255th floor of the mines with a basically enhanced hammer, and even then I was still able to earn a LOT. After that, I got married to Julia and it was back to farming and gathering grasses for the next run.

I haven't touched the game since. I guess I'm not in the mood right now.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 07:13   Link #131
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I farm, Mine and take care of the animals, I make like 6k a day easy.
Old 2008-10-08, 08:31   Link #132
krisslanza

Not farming will just make the game harder For example you can't get Sheep at all since you need to ship like 100 crops to unlock the 2 boy farmers required to unlock them.