AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-04-10, 23:44   Link #1
patgarci

Lightbulb Tallgesse VS. Duel

Now i have seen match ups with different gundams and their pilots, What about Zechs and the tallgesse (1, 2, 3) who can be a worthy adversary in the other gundam series to the "lightning Count" ??? Duel??

Last edited by patgarci; 2007-04-12 at 02:52.
patgarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 23:46   Link #2
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Well there is a big versus thread that settles all these kinds of disputes lying somewhere around here.

But a worthy adversary in other series? Probably Loran and Turn A Gundam maybe?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 00:12   Link #3
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Kira Yamato & Strike-Freedom Gundam
Amuro Ray & Hi-Nu Gundam
Garrod Ran & Gundam Double X

...Worthy Adversery? Zechs is and forever will be JUNK! in front of the big names.

TWO WORDS: CHAR AZNABLE any suit ANY TIME!
Old 2007-04-11, 00:25   Link #4
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Amuro Ray & Hi-Nu Gundam

...Worthy Adversery? Zechs is and forever will be JUNK! in front of the big names.

Slap Athrun Zala + ∞ Justice Gundam to that list too - just for that guy lurking around here who always believed Zechs > Athrun!
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 01:10   Link #5
patgarci

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Amuro Ray & Hi-Nu Gundam

I was just wondering who can be an equal to Zechs...not putting him down with the "big name" pilots of the UC, afterwar and CE universe.

Like for example Duel vs. Tallgesse? how will that go?
patgarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 14:24   Link #6
Abel-kun
The all seeing eye

Duel wuld wipe the floor with the tallgesse 1 and 2 but 3...........im not sure if the duel wuld be able to stand up to the power of the mega cannon. althougt the tallgesse 1 and 2 did have the dober cannon lets be honest the mega cannon is nearly as powerful as the twin buster rifle so i realy can see the duel standing up to that. also u have to take into consideration the duel combat capabilities. in assault shroud mode the duel dose have the sholder mounted 'shiva' 115mm railgun, 220mm 5-missile pod and 57mm high-energy beam rifle with 175mm grenade launcher but most of these wepons are close to mid range and not 1 has the destructive power of the tallgesses mega cannon. the tallgeese can fight at long mid and close range . so im almost 100% sure that tallgesse III is the winner.
Abel-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 08:34   Link #7
_faithful_

duo would beat them all ^^ he's the best hehehehe XD
_faithful_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 09:39   Link #8
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Duo= Shinn Stabbed™ by Shinn to pieces/ Kamille using his "mariostar" Waverider Crash™

Seriously though Tallgesse can be beaten by the ffg:
1.Amuro in ReGZ
2.Kira in Strike (Aile)
3.Mwu in Exass
4.Shinn in Impulse(Force+Sword)
5.Garrod in Gundam X-Divider
6.Char/Quattro in Hyaku Shiki
7.Cagalli in Akatsuki
8.Rey in B Zaku
9.Yzak in S Zaku
10. Judau in Zeta-Zaku!

Old 2007-04-12, 11:07   Link #9
Abel-kun
The all seeing eye

yeah the tallgesse 1+2 are both prettymuch garbage as there onli real weapon is the dober cannon but as i said above the tallgeese 3 is a diffrent matter. its more aile,more firepower, the pilot is more mature(and not crazy anymore) and it even got the epeyons heat whip so i fail to see how: 8,9,4(just dont like shin) and maybe 3 culd beat it. (numbers from ^)
Abel-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 05:22   Link #10
Amuro_Rei
Pilot of the "Gundam"

The thing is, Tallgesse 3 is overrated, sure it may have a deadly arsenal but dedlier weaponry doesn't carry the style of "Real Robot" combat. It is always with the speed and mobility of the MS that carries its battles to victory. Tallgesse 3 has a sluggish reaction time compared to those 4.
Amuro_Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 11:38   Link #11
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

As long as the armor is not as strong as gundams, it can be beaten by a good gundam pilot and a gundam imho. Tallgesse3's mobility is awsome, but remember the faster mobile suit is, the lighter it's armor. So maybe one good direct hit to it can bring it down. I wish Zechs sticked to Epyon
Old 2007-10-25, 01:10   Link #12
sakun

Quote:
Originally Posted by patgarci View Post
Now i have seen match ups with different gundams and their pilots, What about Zechs and the tallgesse (1, 2, 3) who can be a worthy adversary in the other gundam series to the "lightning Count" ??? Duel??
he never piloted number 2
sakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 13:34   Link #13
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Heero and Wing Zero would slaughter the tallgesse.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 15:33   Link #14
Virtue
Banned

I never could seem to understand how the Tallgeese was a match for the Gundams. Sure it's fast, but it's big cannon is useless against Gundanium and only it's beam saber is strong enough to cut through. The rematch vs. Heavyarms (Heero) was . Just one of Heavyarms bullets would have damaged it badly...

Though on the earth, the Gundams mobility seemed to decrease a lot compared to the space battles.

And the Treize vs. Wufei was so WTF for me. An upgraded Gundam can't even shoot down a different color-scheme Tallgeese 1(why they called it 2 was beyond me).
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 16:22   Link #15
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

The tallgeese was a match because it has some *extremely* heavy thrust, and its armor is actually quite decent considering one of the nub pilots once smashed it into an entire base FTW, died, and the tallgeese was relatively undamaged.

The tallgeese 1 is as powerful as any starter gundam as evidenced by it holding even against the Wing, mopping the floor with heavyarms when Heero piloted it, and I'm not sure if it ever fought deathscythe, sandrock, or shenlong.

As for the Altron not being able to shoot down TG2, the Altron has very little in the way of ranged weaponry.

As for Tallgeese 3, aside from armor, it's pretty near the wing zero. Its asteroid-b-gone mega cannon had one of the most powerful attacks we've seen in the AC series. IIRC, Quatre in Zero blew up an entire colony, and Zechs smashed an entire asteroid with the TG3's mega cannon.

And also, lest you forget, TG3 has Epyon's whip, and beam sabers as well, so Zechs isn't exactly making a downgrade in TG3. Oh, and for the record, the Epyon wouldn't have been able to do much against that asteroid. The epyon has NO ranged weaponry to speak of. Amazing gundam for dueling, but beyond that, not exactly great.
Old 2007-10-25, 19:28   Link #16
sakun

You don't need range weaponry to destroy things. Epyon was one of the strongest melee gundams if not the strongest for melee. and for him to destroy the metoir it could do it. it would be harder but he could do it. all he would have to do is go in the middle and just start breaking it apart.

and im my opinion epyon was so much better then any of the tallgesse's were i hate tallgesse. and did match heero in wing.

and remember each person got there gundam for a reason. trowa is much better with heavy arms then heero just like heero is better in wing then any other gundam or mobile suit.
sakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 22:59   Link #17
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakun View Post
You don't need range weaponry to destroy things. Epyon was one of the strongest melee gundams if not the strongest for melee. and for him to destroy the metoir it could do it. it would be harder but he could do it. all he would have to do is go in the middle and just start breaking it apart.

and im my opinion epyon was so much better then any of the tallgesse's were i hate tallgesse. and did match heero in wing.

and remember each person got there gundam for a reason. trowa is much better with heavy arms then heero just like heero is better in wing then any other gundam or mobile suit.

In terms of JUST the machine, the Epyon's only advantage is Gundanium Armor and the ZERO System. If it lacked the ZERO System then, without a good pilot like Zechs handling it, it would actually be pretty lackluster compared to the other Gundams. Obviously, a good pilot like Heero and Zechs are able to make the greatest use of it, despite its lack of ranged weaponry.

Also, as mentioned, Zechs was not only physically able enough, but also skilled enough to handle the Tallgeese's extreme speed and mobility whereas EVERY other pilot before him failed in one aspect or another (and even then, Zechs still got a bit injured using it on his first try). The combined speed + the skill needed to actually handle all of that speed (and an arguably high cost) was simply too much for any "normal" pilot and is what prevented it from being fully mass produced.

Though, we also can't really speak for ALL MS in terms of how much certain weaponry would damage another MS given how ENTIRELY one-sided battles usually are (in favor of main characters unless circumstances/storyline requires it). A nameless grunt in a Leo could get shot in the leg with a vulcan gun and be entirely crippled if not outright explode, but put a main character in it and it can suddenly take tons of shots in the chest and cockpit area by gatling guns or even beam weapons and/or get limbs hacked off and they can keep fighting as if they never had a scratch.

There's also the fact that, despite the Tallgeese being made out of normal Titanium armor, I'd have to assume that, because of its extremely high speed and maneuvering, it'd need thicker armor as well, so even if it got hit by something, it wouldn't just fall apart.

Let's also not forget that, in terms of the Tallgeese III, there is no telling about how powerful the mega cannon is exactly nor how long it takes for it charge up for a full powered shot and, as usual, it looks pretty easy to dodge (Zechs did manage to dodge the normal AND twin buster rifle before), so the Duel shouldn't have that much difficulty fighting against it. It would all come down to who is more skilled in melee combat, most likely.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 23:05   Link #18
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Master Asia would pwn Tallgesse with his bare hand, hell even Domon would beat Tallgesse with his bare hand. Now if Master Asia got into Master Gundam, then it wouldn't even be a challenge.
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 23:13   Link #19
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakun View Post
Yeah I noticed that too. Each of them specializes in a different fighting style; Wufei is more of close to mid range, Trowa with long range assault, Duo with stealth, Quatre with defense, and Heero with mobility. No wonder Heero was a bit sluggish with Heavyarms in one episode.

I'm thinking Talgeese 3 will be pawned by:

1. Char Aznable - Sazabi
2. Haman Karn - Quebely
3. Kira Yamato - Strike Freedom Gundam
4. Athrun Zala - Infinite Justice Gundam
5. Cagalli - Akatsuki
6. Kamille Bidan - Zeta Gundam

And of course,
7. Heero Yuy - Gundam Wing Zero.

If Zechs wants to win against them (at least against some), one word... Epyon! I just wished Zechs mounted vulcans on Epyon.
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 01:14   Link #20
-Wraith-

The simplest would be just piss Shinn Asuka off and frame it on Tallgeese
-Wraith- is offline   Reply With Quote