AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-29, 22:20   Link #101
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by delacroix01 View Post
Well, it was predictable that it would be following Kaoruko's route since the first episode. Still, I just can't get to like how they butchered the story in order to fit it into 3 episodes while introducing Kaleigh, Awayuki, Utano (and even Makiyo in episode 3). This episode keeps destroying the mood that I got in the game, seriously.
Can't be helped, budgets are really a killer. Unless its a famed series like Gundam or something, not many studios will allow over budget. Overall, the anime looked pretty good and the drama is the right amount too. I hope the next episode is when Mizuho Miyanokouji comes to visit along with some of the first cast of the first series.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 13:57   Link #102
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Goodness gracious, is this REALLY set in the same universe as the bright, goofy, super-deformed and zany universe of the first series?

The whole episode felt like a cheerful friend you knew five years ago coming back to you quite-sad-and-traumatized by a warzone, and THEN have depressants forcefully pumped into his veins until all mirth and laugther is forced out of him.

The utter lack of joy in this sequel is akin to the 1960's Batman jumping to the Dark and Serious The 1989 Batman!!

Gonna need LOTS of sugar to get through this; The universe has INDEED become a sadder and duller place without Mizuho-chan!!
Old 2012-08-30, 14:01   Link #103
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Goodness gracious, is this REALLY set in the same universe as the bright, goofy, super-deformed and zany universe of the first series?

The whole episode felt like a cheerful friend you knew five years ago coming back to you quite-sad-and-traumatized by a warzone, and THEN have depressants forcefully pumped into his veins until all mirth and laugther is forced out of him.

The utter lack of joy in this sequel is akin to the 1960's Batman jumping to the Dark and Serious The 1989 Batman!!

Gonna need LOTS of sugar to get through this; The universe has INDEED become a sadder and duller place without Mizuho-chan!!
The 2nd game wasn't that bad though, it's just that this anime adaptation is pretty mediocre in every way.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 14:05   Link #104
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Can't be help, its a OVA not an official season.
Old 2012-08-30, 14:10   Link #105
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Can't be help, its a OVA not an official season.
Even if it's an OVA, that doesn't mean that it can get away with being so mediocre. Especially because they are selling discs costing 7k-8k yen (dvd or blu-ray) with just 1 episode in it.
Old 2012-08-30, 14:14   Link #106
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Even if it's an OVA, that doesn't mean that it can get away with being so mediocre. Especially because they are selling discs costing 7k-8k yen (dvd or blu-ray) with just 1 episode in it.
I heard that some OVA is like trial and error, if they are liked an official season can be made base on the reception. Though like you said, too much stuff is in the game and the anime is mediocre since they can't cover all of it.
Old 2012-08-30, 14:27   Link #107
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I heard that some OVA is like trial and error, if they are liked an official season can be made base on the reception. Though like you said, too much stuff is in the game and the anime is mediocre since they can't cover all of it.

It's not a matter of covering it all or not (i have yet to see any VN or eroge adaptation that covers everything) but how it uses it's time. With such a limited amount of episodes, i think that many things were pretty redundant or too drawn out.

Also i am not sure if 1 disc contains just 1 episode, because it was released just 2 days ago. It's possible that it might contain 2 episodes, but it won't change my mind that the production values are mediocre.

edit: one disc must contain 2 episodes, seeing that this anime has 3 volumes and it can't possible end with the next episode.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:39   Link #108
delacroix01
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post

Well, Otoboku 2 is indeed more serious than Otoboku, but IMO the VN was a really good read. Story and character developments were solid, and the drama was very well done. The manga also did a good job as an adaptation. It's just that the anime has very low production quality considering it's produced by Silverlink (even their first work, Tayutama, was animated better). Caramel-Box themselves are probably the one funding the anime, and we all know that eroge companies typically don't have large budget, unless it's some mainstream brands like Type-Moon or Key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
It's not a matter of covering it all or not (i have yet to see any VN or eroge adaptation that covers everything) but how it uses it's time. With such a limited amount of episodes, i think that many things were pretty redundant or too drawn out.

Also i am not sure if 1 disc contains just 1 episode, because it was released just 2 days ago. It's possible that it might contain 2 episodes, but it won't change my mind that the production values are mediocre.
I pretty much think the same (and probably so does anyone else who has read the VN). They are both rushing the horse and being redundant at the same time, which is IMO not a good approach in making an adaptation.
delacroix01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 11:47   Link #109
novalysis

Can they cover the whole story with just 30 thirty minutes OVA? I'm already detecting alot of pacing problems in this episode, even if underneath it, I'm sure there's a very good story that's simply being rushed through.

And yes, I agree. After marathoning the first series, this feels like Otome wa Boku on super-depressants. Everything, even the school just has that touch of grey melancholy, in contrast to the cheerily lit and more carefree place of the first series.

Perhaps, it's partly because the MC is a very elegant woman who would be a very dour if gentle boy if not crossdressing. By no means dull, but "feminine" serenity and gentleness comes of as "masculine " reservedness and stoicness.

Spoiler for More detailed comparisons to the First Anime/VN MC:

Still, I can't seem to detect traces of that supposedly severely bullied boy under that beautiful facade. He simply comes across as a quiet boy who would, if dressed as a girl, be seen as a seemingly serene and elegantly reserved girl. Double Standards for Genders anyone?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 15:33   Link #110
Belgaesh

I like this series because the prequel was one of the first animes I watched, but it's a shame that it's being hushed because of it's low budget(at least I think that is the cause).
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 00:55   Link #111
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

This isn't licensed or on CR, so I figure it is safe to talk about the fansubs. Who is/are doing the fansubs?
Old 2012-09-03, 13:39   Link #112
delacroix01
Whatever

You can always find names for fansub groups on anidb. So far there's one group subbing this. Their name is Anime-Koi.
Old 2012-09-03, 21:22   Link #113
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Thank you for the info. Have they yet to release episode 3?
Old 2012-09-03, 21:35   Link #114
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Thank you for the info. Have they yet to release episode 3?
Episode 3 probably won't be released for another month.

I believe the RAW for the first episode came out July 30th, 2nd episode came out August 26th, so the third one should be in about 3 weeks. Then subtitles usually come out between a day and a week later.
Old 2012-09-03, 21:38   Link #115
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Alright, thanks for the info.
Old 2012-09-07, 03:48   Link #116
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Guys... Tell me this.. I've seen OVA 1 and now its OVA 2.. I know he is a guy but.. but... I'll tell you!!!

Spoiler for Spoiler OVA 2 Image:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 05:12   Link #117
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Careful, once you go down the path of the trap, there is no turning back...
Old 2012-09-11, 11:47   Link #118
delacroix01
Whatever

Spoiler for BD Box Cover:

So this is how they sell the BDs, huh? Looks like outrageous scam to me.
Old 2012-09-11, 12:05   Link #119
hyl
reading #hikaributts

It's not that much different from many eroge anime adaptations. They put art drawn by the artist from the original game as a cover for the discs.
Old 2012-09-27, 05:40   Link #120
BlueWitch
In two worlds

I demand Gifs of my Chihaya. >:C

Tags
romance, seinen