AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your impression of the movie - A Wakening of the Trailblazer
091 - 100: Amazing 78 24.15%
081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-10-25, 10:26   Link #101
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningChaos View Post
Thanks for the answers! Another question, How did Setsuna managed to create a TAB like effect by using Raiser System and Trans-Am? Didn't the previous materials stated that 00 Raiser is only able to activate Trans-Am for 0.03 seconds? Is it possible that the TCS (Twin Condenser System) that Sherilyn Hyde is working on is finished before 00 Raiser Repair launched?
I think it's likely the case since 00 Condenser can use Trans-Am Burst like effect for a short while.

The Inspection chapter of Senki mentions that they've already improved Condenser technology to a certain extent so there's already some progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G only had a single GN-Drive and a condenser, and required stabilization equipment, so Trans-AM was going to be risky anyway.
00 with one Drive cannot use TA at all I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Just right after the final test of this semester...
Nice !
And it seems I need to avoid this thread because it seems that many people had already watched it
Not that many, only some including myself. But most have read the spoilers and have talked about it a lot so we all know the plot to a certain extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME~

Wow... that's just the BEST Christmas Gift I can get this year!!!!
Hello there Mr. Jesus sir. But I believe the Gundam Seed thread is at another area.
Old 2010-10-25, 12:58   Link #102
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
00 with one Drive cannot use TA at all I believe.
No, it could, but only for 0.03 seconds, like BurningChaos mentioned. It was still able to shoot down a GN-XIII with the GN-Sword II Blaster thanks to Setsuna's abilities as an Innovator. It was the subject of the first 00V Senki.
Old 2010-10-25, 14:11   Link #103
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No, it could, but only for 0.03 seconds, like BurningChaos mentioned. It was still able to shoot down a GN-XIII with the GN-Sword II Blaster thanks to Setsuna's abilities as an Innovator. It was the subject of the first 00V Senki.
No it can't. Senki 1(named "GunXSword") where 00 was using one Drive and one L-Condenser specifically mentioned in a short simple sentence that it cannot use TA and it never did. The scenario your referring to is Senki 4(named "0.03 seconds") where it used 2 L-Condensers and only managed to TA for 0.03 seconds.........also to destroy a GN-X III I think.

============

So, what's the logic behind this? They never mentioned it but I summarised that it's the lack of immediate GN Particles to go. Given the high spec nature of 00, it's body Condensers, single L-Condenser and single Drive likely just cannot provide the particles to even use TA. Probably the increased particle creation rate of Drive was not enough to provide the particle in that short activation instant.

The difference of replacing one of the Drive with an L-Condenser is that being a Condenser, it already has the particles needed. Drives on the other hand create a certain amount of particles over time rather than already having the particles there. TA possess the ability to releases the highly compressed particles in storage in short amount of time or even immediately.

If you estimate this mathematically, it makes sense. 00 with 2 L-Condensers can only use it for 0.03 seconds, which if you were to witness 00 is no more than an "instant short flash" to the human eye likely. If 2 L-Condensers and body Condensers can only immediately provide this (and go bust after, presumably), then the Drive cannot either due to the lack of particles on hand. Drives do not have particles on hand, it generates at a rate.

It is irrelevant whether the Drive would have created more particles in 3 or less minutes than than the extra L-Condenser could have supplied. Because we know that "1 Drive 1 LC"=no work and and "2LC"=works. Taking the Condenser release aspect of TA, it's likely because of not enough volume of particles at activation time. With the chapters, we can also deduce that 00's TA when it has a Twin Drive is more Drive output base than body Condenser base. (non Twin suits are mainly Condenser volume based from what we know; although the Drive output rate increase is also vital to prolonging it)

To use a financial analogy, it's like trying to buy a house. It doesn't matter whether you would have earned enough money in 3 years to finally be able to buy the house, you can't buy it now if you do not provide the cash upfront at that specific time. If you cannot provide the cash now, either from your money account or through the bank paying it for you (ie, a loan; of which you have to pay back the bank. But they still pay it now), then you won't be able to buy the house. The owner named Trans Am wants the money now and she'll only sell it to you after the cash is given.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-10-25 at 14:50.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 15:08   Link #104
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Looking back you happen to be right, but I'd like to know where the hell the idea came from because I distinctly remember talk about the 007S/G using a Trans-AM shot to kill a GN-XIII in that timeframe, both on this site and on the Wikipedia 00 mobile weapons article.
Old 2010-10-25, 18:46   Link #105
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Huh, my immediate particles explanation? I came up with it myself from deduction rather than being the official explanation.

Anyways, they were two weapon tests on two separate chapters. Both are GN-X III kills I believe. One of them 00 did the kill normally, while the other 00 went TA and killed it with one shot.

You simply mixed up the two that's all. Just so happen they also had different configurations and one cannot do TA while the other one can (barely anyways).

The similarity of the scene, weapon, arena and enemy........doesn't help admittedly.

EDIT

Actually forget it. I dont think we knew who it fought in chapter 4. Us English people at least. We do know it was using the two L-Condensers and the TA only lasted 0.03 seconds when it was fighting somebody from what we've gathered.

The focus of this chapter was more towards TA being the Innovating source and TAB creating Innovators actually. Those were the super breakthroughs at least.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-10-25 at 19:01.
Old 2010-10-25, 22:42   Link #106
BurningChaos

Sorry if I confused both of you, the information I've remembered got mixed up and it's pretty old so I can't really remember if it a 2 L-Condensers configuration or 1 Drive + 1L-Condenser.
And about the 0.03 seconds Trans-Am, is this TA the same when Lyle used it to dodge Gadessa?
BurningChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 03:23   Link #107
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningChaos View Post
Sorry if I confused both of you, the information I've remembered got mixed up and it's pretty old so I can't really remember if it a 2 L-Condensers configuration or 1 Drive + 1L-Condenser.
And about the 0.03 seconds Trans-Am, is this TA the same when Lyle used it to dodge Gadessa?
Similar but Im thinking even much less. 0.3 seconds is already short. 0.03 seconds is ten times shorter than that.

In other words 3/100 of a second. That's close to just a short flash I imagine. He'll forget the super human Setsuna, I wonder how the bloody machine reacted in that time.

I'm guessing the TA effect lasted only 0.03 sec, the time to kill likely was much longer. Probably a few seconds to be reasonable.

In the chapter pic, we see 00 in TA color. I'm guessing this flash happens in the blink of a human eye. But as I said the particles are probably already drawned and shot even if the TA mode dissapears immedietly.

Interesting that 3 continues to be the number for TA. It multiplies the Xreation output by 3 ; in abduration of about 3 minutes total. And with 00 Repair's Trans Am it only lasts 0.03 seconds in this configuration aka 3 x 10^-2 .

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-10-26 at 08:32.
Old 2010-11-20, 08:42   Link #108
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress
Although the movie has so many flaws, I guess seeing a lot of newer units and characters made my day. xDD
By the way, was the movie a continuation from the second series? It seemed that way though.

...Tieria getting killed off for the second time. It's absurd. >.<
Old 2010-11-20, 09:03   Link #109
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thousand Mistress View Post
Although the movie has so many flaws, I guess seeing a lot of newer units and characters made my day. xDD
By the way, was the movie a continuation from the second series? It seemed that way though.

...Tieria getting killed off for the second time. It's absurd. >.<
Technically he doesn't really die.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 09:24   Link #110
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thousand Mistress View Post
The movie has always meant to be a direct sequel to 00, in fact one should consider it the "third season" to 00. And the directorial style of the movie reflects this: There's lots of elements in the movie that would seem odd or strange unless you've seen both seasons beforehand.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 09:26   Link #111
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The movie has always meant to be a direct sequel to 00, in fact one should consider it the "third season" to 00. And the directorial style of the movie reflects this: There's lots of elements in the movie that would seem odd or strange unless you've seen both seasons beforehand.
It's funny how you mention that the movie being a pseudo third season. Because I was thinking if the movie didn't get made, would the idea and plot of the movie been turned into another set of episodes?
Old 2010-11-20, 10:17   Link #112
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
It's funny how you mention that the movie being a pseudo third season. Because I was thinking if the movie didn't get made, would the idea and plot of the movie been turned into another set of episodes?
I can see it happening if it's a short 6 episode OVA or 13 episode season. Another 26 season would be hard since the ELS are the only antagonist in the movie and they're not REALLY antagonists too. So if they try to expand this into a 26 episode season there might be some fillers by adding side-enemies or a lot of ELS ATTACK OF THE WEEK, which I think would reduce the impact of the movie. As well as the desperation of the situation.

EDIT: I guess the solution to that would be introducing the ELS half way through the third season, while the first half would be dealing with revolt innovators or renegade groups of mercenaries that are refusing Earth Federation.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 12:03   Link #113
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well, seeing as how the Gadelaza was 100% assimilated and the ELS doing so wasn't blown apart. I'm sure as hell hoping those extra scenes on the DVD show an ELS Gadelaza.
Old 2010-11-21, 09:49   Link #114
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
I don't think so, the movie was only green-lighted late in S2 so they had to develope ideas for the movie rather than already having a set of ideas. Even S2 ended on an okay level, with the movie only expanding the Dialogues part for the main part.
Old 2010-11-21, 10:46   Link #115
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I can see it happening if it's a short 6 episode OVA or 13 episode season. Another 26 season would be hard since the ELS are the only antagonist in the movie and they're not REALLY antagonists too. So if they try to expand this into a 26 episode season there might be some fillers by adding side-enemies or a lot of ELS ATTACK OF THE WEEK, which I think would reduce the impact of the movie. As well as the desperation of the situation.

EDIT: I guess the solution to that would be introducing the ELS half way through the third season, while the first half would be dealing with revolt innovators or renegade groups of mercenaries that are refusing Earth Federation.
I don't know if that'd be a good thing, or a bad thing.
Old 2010-11-21, 17:17   Link #116
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
I don't know if that'd be a good thing, or a bad thing.
That would be a terrible thing. This isn't Starship Troopers.
Old 2010-11-21, 20:23   Link #117
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
That would be a terrible thing. This isn't Starship Troopers.
It depends on the execution of the idea. Evangelion followed this idea with a different Angel attacking every week, and that show is freaking awesome.
Old 2010-11-21, 21:30   Link #118
bio9205
Reborn

Well, I forgot who was it who mentioned Season 2's Innovator-death-of-the-week.

On-topic: I really love HAllelujah in the movie. He almost made up for his noob-ness in S2. Plus it seems Marie has mastered the dual personality thing as well - all it took was for Hallelujah to shout "Peries!" and she switched.

Also, seems my learning of Chinese was not in vain. Thankfully I was able to read the Chinese subs so it was not all mindless watching.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 21:37   Link #119
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Marute Mode was the single most terrifying thing I have ever seen in my life.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2010-11-21 at 22:00.
Old 2010-11-21, 21:54   Link #120
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Mature Mode was the single most terrifying thing I have ever seen in my life.
You mean Marute Mode?