AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-23, 22:36   Link #1421
larethian

so the brains don't get cloned?

someone should write a fanfic for that, since I doubt the author will go for something earthshaking like that.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 23:02   Link #1422
Javiersansano

to at least recognize it as a possibility, we would need to know when did Houki and Ichika met for the first time vs when Tabane introduced IS, including the White Knight incident. also, the incident of Ichika's kidnapping could be useful.

If Ichika and Houki met each other previous to the IS release, the it doesn't make much sense that Ichika was cloned from Chifuyu as a way to let males pilot IS, because there was no IS at the time
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 00:19   Link #1423
zeroknight03

The wikia said Ichika's age is 15 right now. The only pictures he's had (based on volume 4) come from first grade elementary (which basing on wikipedia, Japan has the kids enter first grade at age 6 - "All children enter first grade at age six, and starting school is considered a very important event in a child's life"). Tabane has started the development of IS 10 years ago.

So Ichika's first memories start after IS has already been created. Not sure if the numbers are accurate though except for the first grade thing since the rest I just got from quick wiki searches.
zeroknight03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 00:36   Link #1424
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
So Ichika's first memories start after IS has already been created. Not sure if the numbers are accurate though except for the first grade thing since the rest I just got from quick wiki searches.
okay okay, this is a bit murky, to know for sure, we have to get a few things straightened out:

1. what age he met houki
2. during this time, was the IS introduced?

if so, that would bring up more problems:

the last time he saw houki was six years prior, they were 9 years old

on that day, six years ago, houki was in the national kendo tournament

but that day was ALSO the day the IS was introduced to the public

but if it was introduced six years prior, when did the 'white knight' incident take place?

one thing is clear

when ichika met houki, the IS was has NOT been introduced, the IS was introduced the last time they saw each other
Old 2011-05-24, 00:38   Link #1425
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I'm more of the thinking that Taban had a -possible- hand in Ichik'a creation to provide a playmate for her beloved baby sister.

Thing is, The IS was created 10 years ago, but the Whitew Knight Incident was what really broke up Houki's family and separated her from Ichika, so...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 00:44   Link #1426
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Thing is, The IS was created 10 years ago, but the Whitew Knight Incident was what really broke up Houki's family and separated her from Ichika, so...
ah, right, the day it was created and the day it was introduced don't have to be the same, still, that would make ichika 5 at the time of its creation...the exact date of his earliest pictures...

...my god now we're onto something
Old 2011-05-24, 00:51   Link #1427
zeroknight03

Well, introduction of IS to the world does not necessarily equate to the start of the development of IS. I'm guessing it took some years to improve the things before they get introduced (marked by White knight incident).

So if we were to run with the Ichika is a clone theory

1. Ichika got created at 5 years old (mature growth of clones is normal in fiction anyway), also the start of the development of IS
2. Ichika got his first memory in first grade at age 6. The time when he could have met Houki starts from here I guess.
3. Ichika at age 9 - White knight incident - Houki has to be separated from Ichika because IS got introduced to the world (assuming Da_box's numbers are correct)
4. Ichika at age 9+ - I'm guessing this is where Rin comes in. Don't know when they got separated though.
5. Ichika at middle school (12-14 I guess) - Ichika got kidnapped, Chifuyu rescue
6. Ichika enters IS academy at age 15 (current). Reunion with both Houki and Rin
zeroknight03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 01:12   Link #1428
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Don't know when they got separated though.
a year prior to the story

Quote:
1. Ichika got created at 5 years old (mature growth of clones is normal in fiction anyway), also the start of the development of IS
2. Ichika got his first memory in first grade at age 6. The time when he could have met Houki starts from here I guess.
3. Ichika at age 9 - White knight incident - Houki has to be separated from Ichika because IS got introduced to the world (assuming Da_box's numbers are correct)
4. Ichika at age 9+ - I'm guessing this is where Rin comes in. Don't know when they got separated though.
5. Ichika at middle school (12-14 I guess) - Ichika got kidnapped, Chifuyu rescue
6. Ichika enters IS academy at age 15 (current). Reunion with both Houki and Rin
that looks just about right, clone thing looks more likely the more i think about it

then again, it's entirely possible that the reason for madoka and chifuyu's hate for eachother, and ichika's loss of early pictures is connected to their parents

i think that when it was revealed that ichika had no pictures prior to being 5 years old it was implied that it had something to do with, again, his parents

the biggest mystery to me is, well, rather than ichika, his parents, assuming he has any
Old 2011-05-24, 01:33   Link #1429
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Which is why I proved it. Official announcement, volume 1 complete.

Speaking of which, Hei, when are you going to be finished with your MM! novel review?
Been busy since with new job interview and so on, I can only either write review or translate and I pick translating baka to test XD. Gonna try to finish as soon as I can.

To keep it on topic : will probably need another month before continuing vol 6 chapter 4.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2011-05-24 at 01:58.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 01:40   Link #1430
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I dunno--Summary of Vol.7 seems to indicate that Madoka hates the face in the mirror since it's that of Chifuyu's. And of course there's previous commentary that Ichika and Chifuyu's faces have a few similarities.

Facial similarities of that level are more than a hint of cloning--you don;t find a lot of brothers and dsisters that have near-perfect likenesses, do you? Hell, I don't even look anything like my brother and vice-versa.
Old 2011-05-24, 07:41   Link #1431
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
I dunno--Summary of Vol.7 seems to indicate that Madoka hates the face in the mirror since it's that of Chifuyu's. And of course there's previous commentary that Ichika and Chifuyu's faces have a few similarities.

Facial similarities of that level are more than a hint of cloning--you don;t find a lot of brothers and dsisters that have near-perfect likenesses, do you? Hell, I don't even look anything like my brother and vice-versa.
Cloning...In the IS world, it's very possible...But I still think that Chifuyu has only one sister, Madoka, and that Ichika has been adopted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
To keep it on topic : will probably need another month before continuing vol 6 chapter 4.
I'll complete V4C1 before this time. Or not.
Old 2011-05-24, 08:19   Link #1432
justpassingby

Although Madoka is written in katakana, I'm expecting the author will reveal her name in Kanji in the future volumes. Possible spelling: 円夏, and several others that include either 'Summer' or 'Winter'.

Or, to be more maddeningly unhelpful: 月, 紅 (though her IS is blue)
Old 2011-05-24, 08:57   Link #1433
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Or what do you want it to be? Remember the last time Ichika got kidnapped? Who knows whether this Ichika is the one who was kidnapped? Maybe he was experimented on, which explains why he can use IS? You never know. Ahh, paranoia fuel, brilliant.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 13:34   Link #1434
Belgaesh

Thanks Teh Ping for the translation of the first volume of IS.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 17:30   Link #1435
0emst0ng

does anyone know where i can find vol 7?
0emst0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 17:41   Link #1436
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0emst0ng View Post
does anyone know where i can find vol 7?
Which language?
Old 2011-05-24, 17:58   Link #1437
0emst0ng

the raw please. the language doesnt matter
0emst0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 18:40   Link #1438
Athena
The Power of One

Sigh, I recommend you post that in Baka-Tsuki; Raw sharing here is forbidden.
Old 2011-05-24, 19:13   Link #1439
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
Cloning...In the IS world, it's very possible...
- Look no further than Laura's origins.
Old 2011-05-25, 03:11   Link #1440
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Or what do you want it to be? Remember the last time Ichika got kidnapped? Who knows whether this Ichika is the one who was kidnapped? Maybe he was experimented on, which explains why he can use IS? You never know. Ahh, paranoia fuel, brilliant.
if he's experimented on, that will somewhat explain his thinking faculties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
Sigh, I recommend you post that in Baka-Tsuki; Raw sharing here is forbidden.
no, it's also forbidden on baka-tsuki boards.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen