AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-03, 09:00   Link #21
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh crap lol. I should correct that. My bad.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-11-03, 10:09   Link #22
serpiente

@Stuopidget, Marcus, Kemal: Thanks for all these explanations about Divine Weapons and Mortal Sin Armaments. it really helps me to understand and appreciate what is shown in the anime.

I have some doubts about the ether veins, its function as a general source of energy, its relation with the Plate Reactor, etc. Can you elaborate a bit about that? What exacltly was trying to do Lord Matsudaira with the reactor?

Thanks!
Old 2011-11-03, 10:30   Link #23
MorningGlory

^
he simply just blow it up....
Many people question about Sensei's motive.Most of them just answer its a rebellion of Mikawa

http://genesis-horizon.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_Glossary
Ether Vein Furnace
A furnace that extracts ether, and also refines Ether Fuel, one of many types of fuel.
Ether
A key component of the world’s space/atmosphere; a substance that allows all sorts of phenomena.

almost everything use ether.. even television transmission.
Old 2011-11-03, 11:38   Link #24
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

^ so you can say that ether is their world version of electricity?

btw Muneshige's Backpack(?) in episode 5, is that an example of mini Ether Vein Furnace?
Old 2011-11-03, 13:13   Link #25
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
It's kinda of hard to conclude that, since weapons aren't the only determinants of military prowess.

There are also magic and contracts with deities etc.
Ok and for you which country is the most powerful one ? Is there a poll or something like that ?
Old 2011-11-03, 13:52   Link #26
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Ok and for you which country is the most powerful one ? Is there a poll or something like that ?
No idea. Novel thread might be able to help you out =). I don't think there's a poll, but for some reason I keep thinking P.A.Oda's the strongest faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
btw Muneshige's Backpack(?) in episode 5, is that an example of mini Ether Vein Furnace?
I guess? I never really thought it that way, but it's definitely a booster pack. Also, Muneshige walks around with +10 boost in the novel instead of the +3 shown in the anime iirc @__@.
Old 2011-11-03, 18:06   Link #27
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
^ so you can say that ether is their world version of electricity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I guess? I never really thought it that way, but it's definitely a booster pack. Also, Muneshige walks around with +10 boost in the novel instead of the +3 shown in the anime iirc @__@.
That backpack also didn't contain all the "contract spells" that he used? Something like a booster using a lot of these "contract spells" ~ Each "Contract spell" = +1 boost.

@articuzwolf: Jud., I don't think that there is problem thinking that ether = eletricity when thinking about weapons and these kind of things. But living beings use ether too. For example: one human uses 3600 ATELL in an hour. ATELL is the unit for ether as ampere is with electric current.

I don't know if the anime will explain this, so: 3600 ATELL = 1 "Haiki", that is an unit used for showing how much some spells use. Those "beams" used in the first episode by Marga/Margot were probably measured in ATELL. But Asama's attack later used 4 "Haiki" (one for each effect). With this you can see how powerful was supposed to be her attack that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Spoiler for answer?:
Old 2011-11-04, 02:14   Link #28
Morisato

What exactly are the Gods of War? I think I saw them bleeding red liquids...
Old 2011-11-04, 03:10   Link #29
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
What exactly are the Gods of War? I think I saw them bleeding red liquids...
God of War is something like the Evangelion - humanoid robot which merges with the pilot. The pilot shares the senses with it. The red liquid is indeed red liquid (some mechanical fluid)

Spoiler for In depth explanation:
Old 2011-11-04, 06:55   Link #30
MorningGlory

lol That muneshige's back pack look like car radiator to me. Since those "speed charm" can help him boost his movement speed,so there must be a device that help him cool down body heat from over-heat.
Old 2011-11-04, 09:03   Link #31
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
lol That muneshige's back pack look like car radiator to me. Since those "speed charm" can help him boost his movement speed,so there must be a device that help him cool down body heat from over-heat.
IIRC those "radiator" blew some air and Muneshige accelerates faster than before...so it might be some kind of booster pack

and did Gin can make her weapon invisible? or she just hide it in some kind another space?

also good question about Gin's weapon from eps 5 discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
but can she launch missiles with them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Thats a very good question, also begs the question of whether or not she can turn invisible
Old 2011-11-04, 11:02   Link #32
MorningGlory

Quote:
IIRC those "radiator" blew some air and Muneshige accelerates faster than before...so it might be some kind of booster pack
then he would have use it to fly rather than using its "speed charm"when he was standing on the tonbokiri.
Spamming that "speed charm" too many time could hurt his muscle

Anyway,
Sometime I wonder does it need to use those "speed charm" just activate that booster.... it would be much more better if they can make it like rocket man lol
Old 2011-11-04, 17:12   Link #33
Makall

What did Tadakatsu do to Muneshige's weapon? After firing the weapon, why did it just stand still until he threw Kazuno into the line of fire? Couldn't he just use Tonobokiri and cut through it?
Old 2011-11-04, 18:02   Link #34
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I wonder how big the airships in the show?

At first glance it can be as long as 1km but some are slightly smaller.
Old 2011-11-05, 05:00   Link #35
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
I wonder how big the airships in the show?

At first glance it can be as long as 1km but some are slightly smaller.
Quote:
Quasi-Bahamut Class Floating City
Composed of two ships in the middle, and 3 ships on each side, front and back, for a total of 8 ships. Length overall is over 7 kilometers. Has residential, commercial, administrative, industrial areas, and even embassies. Has all the facilities needed to function as a country.

http://kyoukaisen.tumblr.com/charaprofiles
7 Kilometres
Old 2011-11-05, 14:58   Link #36
Kunagisa

Just to add a bit more to the 2 previous posts regarding the class of ships:

Length
~12m
~36m
~108m
~324m
~972m
~2916m
~8748m
more than above
Class
Unranked
Wyvern
Dragon
Kraken
Jörmungandr
Ziz
Bahamut
Leviathan

I think Musashi being a Bahamut class and the one Innocents is on is a Jörmungandr class were mentioned back in episode 2 or something, but yeah here's the full chart in volume 2.

I've never heard of Ziz before reading this.
Old 2011-11-05, 19:19   Link #37
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So Quasi- means that the ship is shorter than the mentioned class (Musashi, a Quasi-Bahamut class ship, is 7.++ kilometers long.)
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-11-05, 23:12   Link #38
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Well, since this was so conveniently brought up...

Does the use of '準' here really mean quasi?

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2011-11-05, 23:26   Link #39
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
Well, since this was so conveniently brought up...

Does the use of '準' here really mean quasi?
"準" can be translated to "sub"
most correctly is means "just under"
"Quasi-Bahamut class" means "just / a little bit under Bahamut-class"
Old 2011-11-07, 12:18   Link #40
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
God of War is something like the Evangelion - humanoid robot which merges with the pilot. The pilot shares the senses with it. The red liquid is indeed red liquid (some mechanical fluid)

Spoiler for In depth explanation:
They remind me more of the gears form Xenogear, the ones modify by Krellian as a sort of cyborg.