AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-02-01, 23:27   Link #181
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

By the fifth of this month there should be 256 aired episodes in Japan. While in the US the amount is that of 59 when in actually it is 91 episodes; just that 4kids for some stupid reason decided to put three episodes into one censored mess on many occassions along with skipping an entire storyline arc that was in the manga.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 13:53   Link #182
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Which one? Davy Back?
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 15:59   Link #183
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
Which one? Davy Back?
What about Davy Back? Are you asking which episodes 4Kids condensed? They haven't got anywhere near there. They skipped Little Garden and condensed all of the story with Laboon the whale and the beginning of Whiskey Peak into one episode. Laboon was turned into an iceburg.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 16:59   Link #184
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

I meant which arc they skipped, and thanks.
Old 2006-02-04, 18:27   Link #185
aznxjapboiz

Choppers Voice Change

does ne1 know what happened to Otani Ikue who originally does choppers voice like i think starting from eps 254 it changes and choppers new voice just sounds horrible i wish it would go back to normal again.... well if ne1 know what happened let me know thanks
aznxjapboiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 20:14   Link #186
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Ikue is ill....some sources say she's on maternity leave, but the official site still says illness. It's only temporary. She will be back Nami's VA left the show for the Little Garden arc for maternity leave, though not many people noticed it.
Old 2006-02-10, 09:12   Link #187
dacker

Order of watching

Sorry if this is a little off-topic. But I just started watching One piece from the begining and I'm wondering what is the order of watching the movies/specials.I've seen ther order from movie 1-4 and I know when to see the Special 1.But I haven't been able to find what's up with the movies after the 4th(namely 5,6 and upcomming 7) and also specials 2-6.When do I see those,after wich episode???
dacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 15:25   Link #188
Chuixupu
Shikachu

It doesn't matter, if you've seen the first 4 movies and know who's in the crew at that point, you can watch the rest of the movies and the specials at any time without fear of any spoilers, since the movies don't actually take place in the series.
Old 2006-02-15, 15:05   Link #189
Il Capitano

a question about one piece?

I've started to watch this series and i'm wondering if it is finnished or still going on? Because there is over 250 eps right now.

Thanks in advance
Il Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 15:19   Link #190
monir
cho~ kakkoii

You, sir, are very lost. Go here or there and you shall find what you seek.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 20:36   Link #191
Il Capitano

is one piece airing in japan or have they lost interest in this show?
Il Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 01:25   Link #192
Chuixupu
Shikachu

It's still airing in Japan - it's on episode 256, and no, they haven't lost interest, it's still a very popular show. But it's been on a 2-week break due to the Olympics.
Old 2006-02-26, 14:54   Link #193
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Two questions i have that are not addressed in the FAQ

I have two questions that are not addressed in the FAQ.

I am interested in getting into one piece.

1) Does the story start out slow for the first episodes ? Shows like full metal alchemist, Naruto, hunter x hunter and most notably Bleach all started out quite crappy and picked up pace around episode 15ish.

2) I only have access to epsisode 18 onwards. Will i still be able to enjoy the show if i pick it up from there?
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 15:50   Link #194
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
1) Does the story start out slow for the first episodes ? Shows like full metal alchemist, Naruto, hunter x hunter and most notably Bleach all started out quite crappy and picked up pace around episode 15ish.
It's a matter of personal preference/taste that varies person to person. I absolutely was into Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, and FMA after the first couple of episode. Bleach took a few more episodes before I could get into the series. One Piece, on the other hand, has a good first episode. The following episodes involving Zoro isn't bad either, but I couldn't get into the Usopp-saga. I always found Usopp's dramatic acting annoying. The Seiyuu is simply not sutied for the angsty dramatic role. It was slow for me, but you can use the benefit of the doubt and judge for yourself.

Quote:
2) I only have access to epsisode 18 onwards. Will i still be able to enjoy the show if i pick it up from there?
It took me exactly 18 episodes before I finally started liking One Piece, but in those episodes, Luffy's character is defined and what he is about which also gives a glimpse of what One Piece is about. I would recommend them watching the past 17 episodes regardless of my personal preference. Also, you will know how the Luffy-crews are drawn toward Luffy by watching those episodes. Nontheless, you will definitely enjoy 18 and onward episdoes without going back to watch the past 17 episodes.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 22:28   Link #195
chucky
Always impatient

Well I would offer an even funnier answer to those questions:

A good otaku doesnt read shonen jump series or watch their tv adaptation.

But anyhow, in short, if you still wanna watch OP, I think yes it is slower than those you mentioned, but eventually you may find it better(or to be more exact, less worse). FMA is overrated and convoluting; Naruto faltered after episode 83, dotted with boring and irrelevant scenes here and there and then became utterly worthless; Bleach? Please dont even talk about it -- it is just a piece of crap since Soul Society, period.

chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 16:21   Link #196
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Where are the fillers ?

Just started out on one piece. Currently at episode 18. What episodes are fillers in the first 50 episodes ?

I hate fillers with a passion even if they are well done.

This info isnt in the FAQ noobie section.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 17:35   Link #197
Chuixupu
Shikachu

That info is on the very first post on the first page of this thread (marked ANIME ONLY or Fillers).
At least in terms of whole filler arcs. There are a few individual filler episodes thrown in Alabasta, Davy Back Fight,and Loguetown.
Old 2006-03-05, 04:07   Link #198
maniacal_glee

Hey there!
I am new to these forums but ive been watchin one piece for some time now. Does anyone know where i can download episodes 131+ from?or where i can purchase them from-sucky subs or not-?
maniacal_glee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 05:57   Link #199
brad_le
Sleeper RX-7

Help find Ace

Which episode does he show up in, and how long is he shown for?
As for downloading One Piece it is not allowed to ask for them here since
it has been licenced for quite some time now.
As for fillers, I don't believe there are any in the first 50. I think they start at
Episodes 54 - 61 The Gunkan/Apis Arc
brad_le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 11:42   Link #200
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

He's in eps 94 and 95, as far as I know. Perhaps someone else who watches the anime regularly can help you more.

Tags
q&a