AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 50 51.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 33.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 11.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.02%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-17, 23:12   Link #401
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Tak

Freedom and Justice aren't flashy. They are practical, especially in an emergency. Why? Because I played too much Call of Duty 4. Too many times I find myself in a situation where there are four or five different enemies coming in from five different direction. The grenade launcher was useless as they weren't group close enough to be effective and if I tried to use flashbang, only half of the time they are fully blinded. My team mates were stuck since if they move, they will get sniped off. It was in those situations that I find myself wishing for a Hi-Mat attack. Because usually in those situation I could pick off one or two before the third, fourth and fifth kill me. The only good thing is that usually I can find cover to hide from bullet spray. In Macross, GS and GSD they don't usually get that option. Meaning they are pretty much screwed if it is five against one. Besides, Kira doesn't usually use the Hi-Mat system unless he really has to. Like when he was outnumbered 25:1 in Destiny.
Old 2008-07-17, 23:24   Link #402
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy100 View Post
Tak

Freedom and Justice aren't flashy. They are practical, especially in an emergency. Why? Because I played too much Call of Duty 4. Too many times I find myself in a situation where there are four or five different enemies coming in from five different direction. The grenade launcher was useless as they weren't group close enough to be effective and if I tried to use flashbang, only half of the time they are fully blinded. My team mates were stuck since if they move, they will get sniped off. It was in those situations that I find myself wishing for a Hi-Mat attack. Because usually in those situation I could pick off one or two before the third, fourth and fifth kill me. The only good thing is that usually I can find cover to hide from bullet spray. In Macross, GS and GSD they don't usually get that option. Meaning they are pretty much screwed if it is five against one. Besides, Kira doesn't usually use the Hi-Mat system unless he really has to. Like when he was outnumbered 25:1 in Destiny.
There is no reason why somethings can be flashy but cannot be practical at the same time. Just as there is no reason why somethings can be practical but cannot be flashy at the same time.

Practical or not, that is besides the point. When Kira and co. discharge their skittles, rainbow, beam spam, it becomes a very flashy exercise of immense destruction. You and I both know very well that it hits more targets than just 25. Please remember how the Freedom and Justice defended PLANT during the later episodes of DESTINY.

Besides, we wouldn't be handing out nicknames like beam-spam, rainbow, or skittles if the visual effects of the attacks weren't at least captivating in some way.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-17, 23:30   Link #403
Sleepy100

Sorry Tak

I'm of the opinion that "Down to Earth" = "Practical", not flashy. Just my opinion.
Old 2008-07-17, 23:41   Link #404
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Oh well, small difference I can tolerate

Down to Earth to me equals straightforward, if not simple. Say I fire a gun, the bullet travels from point A to point B, no twists, no political correctness, and no BS involved, simple as that.

Likewise, you obviously use Parachute troops to ... parachute. Desert troops to fight in the desert. Night troops to fight in the dark, Light troops to fight during the day, Marines to fight on water, and you don't ever send Special Forces to read... ... ... ... ... err, nevermind.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-18, 02:55   Link #405
Sleepy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Oh well, small difference I can tolerate

Down to Earth to me equals straightforward, if not simple. Say I fire a gun, the bullet travels from point A to point B, no twists, no political correctness, and no BS involved, simple as that.

Likewise, you obviously use Parachute troops to ... parachute. Desert troops to fight in the desert. Night troops to fight in the dark, Light troops to fight during the day, Marines to fight on water, and you don't ever send Special Forces to read... ... ... ... ... err, nevermind.

- Tak
LOL Good one!
Old 2008-07-18, 03:00   Link #406
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

And you use pew pew lazers, of whatever color, to hit people at a distance. What's not straightforward about it?
Old 2008-07-18, 03:08   Link #407
Sleepy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And you use pew pew lazers, of whatever color, to hit people at a distance. What's not straightforward about it?
I think he said no BS involved; like Itano Circus, and "Skittles Beam".
Old 2009-02-01, 12:16   Link #408
magnuskn

Blue-Ray episode 14 is out from THORA. Animation-wise, tons of little things have been made better. Makes me hopeful for that dreadful hospital scene with Sheryl next episode.

Also, at the end it seems much clearer that Ranka has had another attack of amnesia in regards to the song the Vajra queen showed her, so I guess she is excused now on that regard.

And we got a last look at Lalamia Rerenia.... too bad that they never even let her speak, she was a hottie.

Old 2009-09-27, 16:51   Link #409
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, well well. They sure took their time, but finally the episode where they hint that the "bloated insects" might have another, more rational and emotional face to them came. I am all for giving the faceless enemy a face. At the same time, they seem to be moving Ranka's character in an interesting direction, so I'm looking forward to that. Other than that, Alto is as insufferable as ever.
Old 2009-09-27, 17:02   Link #410
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well, well well. They sure took their time, but finally the episode where they hint that the "bloated insects" might have another, more rational and emotional face to them came. I am all for giving the faceless enemy a face. At the same time, they seem to be moving Ranka's character in an interesting direction, so I'm looking forward to that. Other than that, Alto is as insufferable as ever.
Well, you're moving right along, aren't you?

Don't be fooled by episode 15. It SEEMS like a clip show/recap at first, but then it reveals some stuff you've been dying to know (and some you didn't even REALIZE you were dying to know!).

It also has, bar none, the finest love triangle scene in any Macross story, ever.
Closed Thread