AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-10, 13:25   Link #21
Triga
Polar bear tamer

Ost2

A few good songs. Something's still missing.
Triga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 13:46   Link #22
GreyArea
Meatf***er

I have somewhat mixed feelings about this. Its all good, dont get me wrong, but there are some tunes still missing from much earlier episodes (Haku's flashback theme), which I fear might not make it onto any of the OSTs now :/

Ah well.

* GreyArea listens to Sasuke ~Destiny~ again
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 14:23   Link #23
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

AH~! No rock lee vs. gaara fight song!? Nooooooooo~~~~~~ *breathes in* oooooooooooooooo~.

*head explodes*

That's the one I wanted the most.
Oh well. I bet the others are good. Now I just have to wait many a month for the 3rd OST.

EDIT: Heh...they translated raikiri as "thunder break" instead of "lightning edge" I guess these guys never watched naruto, or something. =/

Last edited by Kiva128; 2004-03-10 at 14:53.
Kiva128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 15:23   Link #24
Karyu
The Ruler of The Dragons

Very nice OST though still some missing.

Haku indeed
Rock lee vs gaara (also sasuke vs gaara in special)
End the song when naruto started demon fox mode against neji.
And als but that was expected the one at the end of ep 72 damn that one was good.
Oh well it in any case makes OST III worth to wait for. I only hope it won't take as long as the difference between OST I and II.
Karyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 15:23   Link #25
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

rock lee vs gaara fight theme music is in OST 1, its called Ressei.
Enragin_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 15:26   Link #26
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enragin_Angel
rock lee vs gaara fight theme music is in OST 1, its called Ressei.
Actually it's not. What track number is the song you're talking about?
Old 2004-03-10, 16:05   Link #27
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

17 i think. Are you talking about Lee and Gaara's first battle in episode 48 or their second encounter in ep 50? Because the episode 48 music is Ressei, but episode 50 music isn't in either OST.
Enragin_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 16:42   Link #28
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu

Send a message via AIM to Anjin
Is the music where the Hokage summons enma on either CD? It's been used in multiple parts of the Anime, but thats the only one I can recall offhand.. As soon as he summons Enma it starts.. one of my favorite themes to Naruto.. Any idea what song this is and if its on the CD? Thanks!
Anjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 16:51   Link #29
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjin
Is the music where the Hokage summons enma on either CD? It's been used in multiple parts of the Anime, but thats the only one I can recall offhand.. As soon as he summons Enma it starts.. one of my favorite themes to Naruto.. Any idea what song this is and if its on the CD? Thanks!
nope sorry. I wanted that one too. =[
Old 2004-03-10, 17:37   Link #30
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enragin_Angel
17 i think. Are you talking about Lee and Gaara's first battle in episode 48 or their second encounter in ep 50? Because the episode 48 music is Ressei, but episode 50 music isn't in either OST.
Funny you should say that, the music when Lee takes off his weights isnt on either album, and neither is the music from when he does Omote renge (both ep 48). Which tune are you on about?

edit: I was trying to figure out where the 'Alone' track is used, and its (as far as I can tell) only used during the Lee vs Gaara fight, during teh flashbacks.

Kinda screws up the 'only music up until Neji/Hinata' thing :/ Seems like a random collection to me

I just hope they fill the gaps with the next OST.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 17:50   Link #31
Hanabishi_Recca
Parrothead

There are technically two encounters, the 3 episode fight during the chuunin exam and when Gaara goes to Lee's room in the hospital. The Lee vs Gaara (Sasuke vs Gaara) theme I think he's talking about is the one I dubbed "Lee's Theme", which plays right after Lee takes off his weights.
Hanabishi_Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 18:48   Link #32
ds'
Über n00b

Send a message via ICQ to ds'
Wow.. what a huge letdown. Maybe my expectations were way too high but this OST just plain sucks! There's only one really good song (Raikiri), a few mediocre (Sasuke's and Oro's songs, neji vs hinata) and the rest is bad, really bad.

The 2nd OST can't compare to the 1st. Too bad.. Lets hope that the third OST will fix this fiasco.
ds' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 18:50   Link #33
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds'
Wow.. what a huge letdown. Maybe my expectations were way too high but this OST just plain sucks! There's only one really good song (Raikiri), a few mediocre (Sasuke's and Oro's songs) and the rest is bad, really bad.

The 2nd OST can't compare to the 1st. Too bad.. Lets hope that the third OST will fix this fiasco.
I'm sorry, but you have no taste at all.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 19:09   Link #34
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
I'm sorry, but you have no taste at all.
first time I willingly agree with you.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 19:25   Link #35
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanabishi_Recca
There are technically two encounters, the 3 episode fight during the chuunin exam and when Gaara goes to Lee's room in the hospital. The Lee vs Gaara (Sasuke vs Gaara) theme I think he's talking about is the one I dubbed "Lee's Theme", which plays right after Lee takes off his weights.
Ive been dying to hear that one!
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 20:16   Link #36
ZeroVirus

Send a message via ICQ to ZeroVirus
Godammit, never going to be able to hear that Rock-Lee theme, it sounded so bloody awesome!
ZeroVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 20:47   Link #37
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
This OST was good, IMO. I hesitate to say it it's better than the 1st one. Actually, I didn't like either very much. But I'd say this one is better,since Orochimaru's Theme is the best music in the series so far. I'd give 8/10 to this OST- some musics I got really tired of listening, since they were played in almost avery episode. These are Confrontment and Survival Examination.
Sasuke ~Destiny~ and Avenger are really good too. However, I don't like Konohamaru's Theme, Alone and Evil very much. Sasuke's Theme, Hinata vs. Neji and Gai's Theme are good songs too. Daylight of Konoha and Afternoon of Konoha are a bit cool after all.
But like I said before, the best songs in the OST IMO are Orochimaru's Theme and Orochimaru ~Fight~. Orochimaru's Theme best. It represents perfectly all his mystic and evilness.
And of course, I love Haruka Kanata. The best Naruto opening so far, IMO. Though I hate Harmonia, it's the worst ending so far IMO

Now, I'm really looking forward to the 3rd OST. Some great songs, such as Jiraiya's Theme, Gaara's Theme and Shikamaru's Theme weren't present in this OST. Damn, the 3rd OST will take another year to be released, probably...
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 21:29   Link #38
DarkNtity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
Funny you should say that, the music when Lee takes off his weights isnt on either album, and neither is the music from when he does Omote renge (both ep 48). Which tune are you on about?

edit: I was trying to figure out where the 'Alone' track is used, and its (as far as I can tell) only used during the Lee vs Gaara fight, during teh flashbacks.

Kinda screws up the 'only music up until Neji/Hinata' thing :/ Seems like a random collection to me

I just hope they fill the gaps with the next OST.
Yeah, my theory was flawed since Shikamaru's theme also appeared before the Hyuga fight and that also wasn't on the this OST. Alone is actually a rearranged version of Loneliness from the first OST. Which helped my confussion.

Shika's theme, Jiraiya's theme, Lee's theme, Gaara's theme, Viva la Rock and Kanashimi wo Yasashisa Ni. You better.
DarkNtity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 22:27   Link #39
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
This ost had 3 less than ost one, so shikamaru's theme should have made it.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 23:05   Link #40
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Wow.. what a huge letdown. Maybe my expectations were way too high but this OST just plain sucks! There's only one really good song (Raikiri), a few mediocre (Sasuke's and Oro's songs, neji vs hinata) and the rest is bad, really bad.

I too am disappointed in your taste. You make me sad knowing that there's a person who doesn't like it.

eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote