AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-23, 16:21   Link #19501
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I actually attribute that part to "shounen willpower/ plot device" myself... until we're explicitly told that there's another reason why he survived it

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 16:30   Link #19502
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I actually attribute that part to "shounen willpower/ plot device" myself... until we're explicitly told that there's another reason why he survived it
Since the ritual is focused on reconstructing Tsukune's we will probably find out why that is, much sooner than we think once the transformation is finally complete.
Old 2011-03-23, 16:45   Link #19503
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Didn't Moka's father have multiple wives? I think that Inner-Moka is just being possessive when she is refusing the polygamy option, her own family practiced it.

Still, I wonder how Moka (both of them) would react seeing Kurumu in the state she is in now.
Old 2011-03-23, 16:49   Link #19504
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Didn't Moka's father have multiple wives? I think that Inner-Moka is just being possessive when she is refusing the polygamy option, her own family practiced it.

Still, I wonder how Moka (both of them) would react seeing Kurumu in the state she is in now.
It was discussed before, it's probable that Moka did not like the way the wives were treated or mistreated and wants to avoid that scenario with Tsukune.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 17:15   Link #19505
tyler101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Let's also not forget that Tsukune managed to survive through Moka's blood injections, which also requires some kind of compatibility between them, considering the fact that it's pretty rare for a human to be able to survive through the injection of a vampire's blood.
yea you got that right but it wasnt just once it was a few times
tyler101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 17:21   Link #19506
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
It was discussed before, it's probable that Moka did not like the way the wives were treated or mistreated and wants to avoid that scenario with Tsukune.
Agreed, both Ura-Moka and Omote-Moka don't want polygamy, shes the only girl for Tsukune, he doesn't want polygamy either so it's a, one man, one woman deal between Moka and Tsukune as a future couple.

Spoiler for Tsukune Colored:

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-03-23 at 19:04.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 21:45   Link #19507
KLGChaos
The Shermain

And that end would ruin the whole series for me. As much as I like the Tsukune x Moka pairing, seeing the other girls get torn apart by it would not be fun. I had enough of that with Ichigo 100% and watching 2 great girls basically lose everything. Frankly, I say if you're just going to destroy the girls, don't get our hopes up. Or at least make them evil or shallow, one dimensional girls so we don't care.
Old 2011-03-23, 22:00   Link #19508
Raynor

I hope Tsukune's wings grow out to be huge in that form, that would be awesome.

Honestly, I never felt Tsukune had romantic feelings for any of them except Moka. Maybe that is why polygamy is out of the question for him. While I would be okay with it going either way, I would prefer the Moka x Tsukune ending over the other.
Raynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 22:08   Link #19509
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Agreed, both Ura-Moka and Omote-Moka don't want polygamy, shes the only girl for Tsukune, he doesn't want polygamy either so it's a, one man, one woman deal between Moka and Tsukune as a future couple.

Spoiler for Tsukune Colored:
That just means Moka and Tsukune will be a official couple. That doesn't stop Mizore from doing what she's always been doing. Tsukune just can't reciprocate... though he never really did in the first place.

So far, Kurumu only said that succubi need to be in love. That doesn't require being loved back. Unless R+V succubi suddenly also need bodily fluids like in a h-manga, Kurumu will also be fine.

The only real dynamic change in the harem is Tsukune and Moka being more honest toward one another. The other girls could tease him all day and there would be nothing he could do about it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 22:15   Link #19510
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
We'll have to wait and see on the harem angle, as for the real plot of this arc, it's good to see things finally start to kick into a higher gear.

Spoiler for Human Modification:
Touhou Fuhai was likely under the impression that Tsukune was a ghoul, but when the lock broke he realized that he wasn't just a mere ghoul since there was far more power than a mere ghoul could possess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
if there no ring in Mokas finger Tsukune is still fair game.
he basically just gave up his humanity for Moka's sake, the game is over.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 23:02   Link #19511
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The only real dynamic change in the harem is Tsukune and Moka being more honest toward one another. The other girls could tease him all day and there would be nothing he could do about it.
It's a strange situation where the author gets into the heads of the runners up, isn't it? Kurumu and Mizore and even Ruby all have their reasons for being attracted to Tsukune. They're generally nice people, if sometimes kind of strange.

Inner Moka, however ..yeah.. she can be a roaring bitch sometimes.

I'm not going to speculate on how the relationships go forward from here between the various members of the team, but I will say that it WILL be forced to change in some major capacity as this plotline continues. It's simply too good an opportunity to pass up to create strong character development for everyone involved.
Old 2011-03-23, 23:31   Link #19512
Chris38

Regarding the relationship discussion I doubt that anything is going to be resolved in the current arc, since Kurumu's feelings for Tsukune are still too intensive, for her to be able to forget about Tsukune, or transfer her feelings to another man.

Meaning that just like in chapter 17 of the Second Season, she will regain her spirits in someway and like Mizore is going to keep pursuing Tsukune.

It's just that, due to the fact that Kurumu is a Succubus, it's harder for her to make that decision.

So I don't think that any changes in Tsukune's harem are going to occur in the current arc.

Returning to the topic of Tsukune's transformation, I think that due to Tohou Fuhai's modification ritual Tsukune has reached another stage of "evolution" for a Shinso vampire, since Tsukune's hands in his current form look a lot similar with how Alucard's hand looked like in chapter 33, when he was trying to absorb Moka.

Of course, unlike Alucard I think that Tsukune's current form is only temporarily, since Tsukune still has a chance of regaining his sanity, which is something he should do, unless he wants to end up like Alucard did.

The reason why Tsukune's transformation occurred is probably because of the fact that Tsukune was originally human and his previous body wasn't fully adapted to the power of a Shinso vampire contained within Tsukune's blood, in other words I think that Tsukune is going through a reverse process of what Alucard went through, who in my opinion ended up looking like that, because of the fact that he started absorbing a lot of different ayashi's powers into his body, slowly causing Alucard to lose his sanity - probably because he ended up, becoming too powerful then what his consciousness could control.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 23:39   Link #19513
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
he basically just gave up his humanity for Moka's sake, the game is over.
Indeed he did, Tsukune finally understands keeping his humanity doesn't matter anymore, protecting and comforting Moka is.

In the first season, after becoming a vampire for the first time, he was angry but not because it was taking away his humanity, but because the girls including Moka didn't tell him the truth about what happened, he even told Moka that he would be happy to become a vampire and protect her.

Moka and Tsukune were going to be together since day one, there wasn't a "fair game" to begin with only a "harem" which serves a very important purpose and that is to prevent Moka and Tsukune from truly getting together until it reached a critical point in the storyline, when that time comes the harem will no longer be needed, ever since chapter 35 the harem started to "breakdown" but this process will be very very slow.

Mizore has already accepted Tsukune's feelings for Moka, now it's Kurumu's turn but it will be much harder for her and itle take a long time for this.

But like cyberdemon says, it's game over for the girls that is...
Old 2011-03-23, 23:45   Link #19514
KLGChaos
The Shermain

All I know is that I'd prefer Kurumu dead than with Gin. I just don't like that pairing together at all... Of course, I'm not a huge Gin fan in the first place, which doesn't help.
Old 2011-03-24, 02:55   Link #19515
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , since ep 1 we all know the pairing Moka x Tsukune.

Anyway , for Tsukune , did he just beat the crap out of Tohofuai :O
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 03:14   Link #19516
Cio
Otaku

Honestly. i don't want Kurumu paired with Gin for now, although she and Gin make a good couple. Currently, Gin just want to help Kurumu, in my opinion, not love. I hope Kurumu can be like Mizore for now...
Old 2011-03-24, 03:33   Link #19517
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cio View Post
Honestly. i don't want Kurumu paired with Gin for now, although she and Gin make a good couple. Currently, Gin just want to help Kurumu, in my opinion, not love. I hope Kurumu can be like Mizore for now...
Agreed. Besides, Gin's got it in for Tsun, and I don't think I would like a pairing between Kurumu and Gin.
Old 2011-03-24, 04:48   Link #19518
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Well, I might as well post too. I too am an anti-gin x kurumu advocate. I don't like it either, Gin is not worthy of any of the girl's feeling, and besides he's only got 2/3rds of the year left before he graduates and leaves the school. So a Gin x Kurumu ending is not feasible if they intend to keep them at youkai for the next year.

After Gin leaves chances are he'd go to be with Sun or he might pursue some other objective. Chances are though, that it will end up with him and Haiji duking it out over Sun anyway since they both like her. But who knows.

I'd like to think that these are just rocky times for the harem, and that things will smooth out later, but there may come a time that the harem will eventually fall apart violently, or break up with different directions for each girl to pursue in their romance.

Tsukune is however too saintly at the moment, so eventually something might come along to corrupt him a little, then maybe he'd come to appreciate the fact that he DOES have a harem, something not many guys, much less NICE guys get.

Even if he lists them as mistresses and/or friends with benefits, he's so lucky right now, and can't even appreciate it properly. If anything, I'd like to see someone kidnap all the girls and then have the story follow Tsukune trying to rescue them one at a time. Maybe then he will come to value what he has rather then squander it like he is now.
Old 2011-03-24, 04:59   Link #19519
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

I can appreciate Tsukune taking more fondness for the harem that he has, and something like the scenario you described would certainly do that, but at the same time I think that would kill the whole purpose of this arc, which is to bring Moka and Tsukune closer together to the point where they're in fact a pseudo-couple. If the end result would be Tsukune appreciating what he currently has with the girls right now, then I'm all for it, but I wouldn't like it if he ends up taking Moka and making the others his mistresses. Tsukune's always been quite upright, for starters, and thus respects Moka's wish for him to be only hers and no-one else's (note: I've nothing personal against polygamy, this is purely with regards to Tsukune), and his focus has always been Moka. Moka as well doesn't like the idea of a polygamy for afore-mentioned reasons.
Old 2011-03-24, 05:14   Link #19520
Johnny
Working the bags...

Good ole Mizore just don't give a shit one way or another. She'll be stalking Tsukune till he's old and gray...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire