AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-08-28, 19:26   Link #21
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

from the trailer in the first post, it seems like they're doing the whole tokyo arc... the last phrase in the post above mine indicates they'll do everything up to the kyoto arc.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 06:02   Link #22
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

The film was just released in japan right?
I can't wait to watch it as a huge fan of the series.

It seems it's number 1 on the box office.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-august-25-26

Licensed in 60 countries.Can you believe that?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...icensed-in-60+
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 12:12   Link #23
sa547
*Author

Finally, some miracle occurred as a local distributor finally secured the rights to screen the flick.

For the Philippines.

ORO???
Old 2012-09-05, 06:47   Link #24
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Since the second trailer haven't been posted here yet, here it is:

Oro?
Holy crap. How long is this movie? Because I spy

Jinei

Kanryu

SAITO

and the origins of the cross-shaped scar

That's........a lot of material.

And is that bright-haired guy supposed to be ENISHI?!
Old 2012-09-05, 06:49   Link #25
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Finally, some miracle occurred as a local distributor finally secured the rights to screen the flick.

For the Philippines.

ORO???
I'm from philippines as well. Does this mean that it's gonna be shown on theaters here? The link doesn't seem to work.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:10   Link #26
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Since it's pretty successful right now in Japan, I hope the second movie will be made.. and the entire thing the Kyoto arc.

Kyoto in chaos and flames, all out war with Shishio's gang, would be absolutely nerdgasm worthy.
Old 2012-09-05, 10:08   Link #27
xza6atox

fanstastic flick~!!!!
fellow fans its worth it
xza6atox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 17:55   Link #28
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Since the second trailer haven't been posted here yet, here it is:

Oro?
Watching this trailer made the hair on my arms stand on end.

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 18:54   Link #29
Kirarakim

The trailer looks fantastic. Hopefully a US release will be announced soon (and not just in California).
Old 2012-09-12, 09:44   Link #30
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
No spoilers in here, so should be fine. ^^

In a nutshell:
Rurouni Kenshin movie was freaking fantastic de gozaru.
Beautiful mix of comedy, action and drama on a gorgeous landscape of traditional Japan. Fangirl approved! (≧∇≦)v
(One of the best manga/anime to movie adaptations I've seen done in movie history)

Kenshin: Cute mode= Not bishie enough, lol. He didn't pull off that air of innocence so well, methinks.
Serious mode = So damn hot in every way, acting included
Kaoru: Something about the actress didn't quite cut it for me, she did well but... something was missing. (Kaoru's firey spirit?)
Yahiko: Perfect in looks and acting! <3
Sanosuke: Looks = needed to be more rugged.
Personality = Perfect for me, totally caught the spirit of the character.
Megumi: I didn't remember this character in the anime series, lol. But the actress played her very well, she played her part in the plot really good, was impressed.

Saitō Hajime: The actor (Yousuke Eguchi) was the living version of this character, I saw the guy and was like 'make me your woman nao!'.
Sooooo hot, amazing stage presence, was totally in 'humina, humina' mode.
Kanryu Takeda: The actor (Teruyuki Kagawa) plays the best comic, sly and underhanded villain I've seen in aaages, I LOVED him! It's nice to see other ways to be a 'bad guy' but I loved his role in the entire movie. Perfect!

Conclusion:
Definitely a DVD buy, I actually wanna see the movie again to be honest, but here's one happy endorphin sated fangirl!
Definitely check it out! (^.^)b

Edit:
PS:
This isn't for the faint hearted as people get sliced and diced in graphic detail, so yeah
(Also the soundtrack is freaking awesome!! I waaaaants iiiiiiiiiit)

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2012-09-12 at 10:21.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 01:49   Link #31
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
(One of the best manga/anime to movie adaptations I've seen done in movie history)
I'm inclined to say it IS the best adaptation ever. At least as far as shounen manga goes.

There's tons of decent TV dramas based on Big Comic Spirits titles, but as far as shounen manga goes, I can't think of another that comes close to this level.
Old 2012-09-14, 14:26   Link #32
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
[i]And is that bright-haired guy supposed to be ENISHI?!
I think that's still Jin-e
And I believe that the story line is somewhat following the RuroKen Kinema-ban. At least from what I've been able to gather, Kanryuu wants the dojo in the movie as well.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 18:03   Link #33
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Upon seeing this thread I had my doubts, but I have to say that trailer looks GOOD.

I hope it gets subtitled after it comes out.
Old 2012-09-14, 19:39   Link #34
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Licensed in 60 countries.Can you believe that?
Pretty curious to see how the movie will fare here in Mexico.
Old 2012-09-14, 21:23   Link #35
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
I'm from philippines as well. Does this mean that it's gonna be shown on theaters here? The link doesn't seem to work.
Looks like the supposed distributor announced it prematurely. Something's not right behind closed doors.

(Offtopic: Takeru Sato might as well be the most chivalric guy in Japan right now, for trying to bring his drunken lady friend home by carrying her from the taxi to her apartment.)
Old 2012-10-21, 00:44   Link #36
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Yes!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...es-in-december
Old 2012-10-29, 12:40   Link #37
Eeni

For those of you in the Los Angeles area:

http://www.laeigafest.com/
and
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-and-director

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 03:25   Link #38
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Looks like the supposed distributor announced it prematurely. Something's not right behind closed doors.
well, apparently they won't show it nationwide, just certain cities. they won't show it in my city. oh well, i wasn't expecting much anyway. if they don't show it in the cinemas then i'll wait for it to be uploaded on streaming sites.
Old 2012-11-24, 09:49   Link #39
Kirarakim

United Airlines is actually showing this on some flights. If this is on my flight it would be the best thing ever. I probably should try not to get my hopes up though.
Old 2012-12-03, 19:45   Link #40
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I watched the movie over the weekend. Believe it or not, all screenings were sold out. I liked the film. I agree with aohige that it's a fantastic adaptation, with a few minor tweaks and new characters to tie the early arcs into a single, coherent narrative that remains faithful to the original.

I'm particularly impressed with the screenplay, in that the screenwriters managed to come up with a script that stands very well on its own, while leaving the door wide open enough for much-anticipated sequels, depending on the project's box-office performance. (I think we can be very optimistic about that.)

I still think Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen is the best movie in the franchise, though. It'll a lot to top that achievement.

On that point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Holy crap. How long is this movie? Because I spy...

the origins of the cross-shaped scar.
No, the movie doesn't reveal the origins of the cross-shaped scar. It does show how Kenshin received the first scar, and he does hint at who gave him the second scar, but the movie doesn't show much else about Kenshin's background as the Battousai. (Meaning, yup, huge potential for a sequel or two.)

And, oh yeah, I agree with Mystique that the cast was superb. Practically everyone was a believable live version of the manga and anime characters, heroes and villains alike. Special kudos to Takeru Sato as Kenshin; he truly managed to bring his character alive. Emi Takei as Kaoru is perhaps the only slightly flat note in an otherwise perfect cast, but that's only because she isn't quite how I pictured Kaoru. People who aren't familiar with the original material shouldn't have any trouble accepting her performance.

Quote:
Megumi: I didn't remember this character in the anime series, lol. But the actress played her very well, she played her part in the plot really good, was impressed.
She's one of the new characters, along with the main villain of the movie. Megumi becomes slightly implausible somewhere in the middle of the show, but she nonetheless adds interesting chemistry to the main cast.

Quote:
This isn't for the faint hearted as people get sliced and diced in graphic detail, so yeah.
Nah, as someone who is a die-hard fan of Tsuiokuhen, I say the movie is not quite bloody enough. But then again, it hasn't quite reached that level of drama. Here's hoping that future movies in the franchise will dwell more intensively on the Dark Knight level of pathos found in the OAVs.

(Yup, I'm a fan of the much more mature takes on Rurouni Kenshin. I've always found the original anime too shounen cartoonish for my liking. So shoot me.)

EDIT:
I forgot to add, do watch out for the guest-starring performance of Genki Sudo, a retired mixed martial arts fighter well-known for his spectacular stage entrances and even better known for his World Order music videos (check out, especially, Machine Civilization). Sudo plays a minor villain who engages Sanosuke (played by Munetaka Aoki) in a hilarious and highly enjoyable duel, done very much in the brash street-fghting style that defines Sanosuke, the manga character, as well as Sudo, a real-life MMA pugilist.

Last edited by TinyRedLeaf; 2012-12-03 at 20:15.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote