AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-10-23, 19:20   Link #4121
raincrow

I guess they're mixed together when they're young, and separated in junior/high school? Then I'm guessing they mix back together in the pro leagues (I'm just saying that since the Pro cards have male/females, but, I really have no idea).

I think Ritz just separates them in the manga so that the story can focus on females and yuri goodness.
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 21:43   Link #4122
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post
I guess they're mixed together when they're young, and separated in junior/high school? Then I'm guessing they mix back together in the pro leagues (I'm just saying that since the Pro cards have male/females, but, I really have no idea).

I think Ritz just separates them in the manga so that the story can focus on females and yuri goodness.
Well, we saw in Hajime's flashback that Inter-Elementary is separated. I don't think that's the actual Inter-Elementary so it's probably one of the miscellaneous ones for kids around. Kiyosumi only formed just before the prefectural, but more regular clubs have already been noted to attend more than just Inter-High.
Old 2013-10-23, 21:43   Link #4123
King-Slayer

Quote:

youth leagues tend to have teams with mixed players and stuff. Probably the case here.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 21:53   Link #4124
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

wonder what the anime is going to do....considering the pace of the manga now, it will be probaly 10 chapters for every 5-10mins of an episode and thats if they stretch everything out
Old 2013-10-23, 22:19   Link #4125
MarkS00N

Or...
The male population is in steady declining ~10 years from now...
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 01:47   Link #4126
The Green One

Or maybe they'll actually skip ahead a bit. The anime for the first season finished the tournament before the manga actually managed to, not by much, but it still did.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 09:35   Link #4127
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
youth leagues tend to have teams with mixed players and stuff. Probably the case here.
That's true. It still seems odd for a "board game" though, unless always separating sexes in junior/high school is the norm for Japan. I know intellectual/academic competitions in the States are mixed for example (chess leagues, debates, spelling bees, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Or maybe they'll actually skip ahead a bit. The anime for the first season finished the tournament before the manga actually managed to, not by much, but it still did.
There might not be much weight in this, but there was that small preview at the end of Saki that showed a few bits of the quarters/finals. Maybe they just drew them on the fly to appease us for a bit, but the part about showing the lanterns with Teru seems somewhat major to me. So, maybe they're farther ahead of things (anime-wise) then we think they are

Last edited by raincrow; 2013-10-24 at 09:48.
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 07:47   Link #4128
Arcorann

Well, we now know exactly where the children's tournament is held. That makes Shino's trip 12.5km.

Also, happy birthday to Saki-san!
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 18:07   Link #4129
King-Slayer

Chapters out.
Only chapter two and i'm loving Shino and Kanna. Both are very fun to read in their own way and i'm looking forward to seeing Hayari in action. If Ritz takes her time with this one, I think it could be as good as the main manga. Also it seems Ritz is aware of the mistakes in chapter one and will correct them
Old 2013-10-27, 19:09   Link #4130
John Smith

Quote:
That's true. It still seems odd for a "board game" though, unless always separating sexes in junior/high school is the norm for Japan. I know intellectual/academic competitions in the States are mixed for example (chess leagues, debates, spelling bees, etc.)
But that's only because both sexes are on a level playing field.

Didn't Ritz say the male HS champion was on par with that 1st year doormat from Senriyama or something along those lines? If they're that far apart in ability you separate them.
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 19:11   Link #4131
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
Didn't Ritz say the male HS champion was on par with that 1st year doormat from Senriyama or something along those lines?
LOL Poor Izumi, so she's a doormat now?

And yeah, that's pretty much it, it seems that males in Sakiverse have middling mahjong abilities compared to the girls. All the awesome superpowers must have been sucked in by Legend of Koizumi...
Old 2013-10-27, 20:41   Link #4132
Marina2

So, what do you guys think? Will Shino win or lose? Can Kanna or Shino destroy Hayarin smile?

Also,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tournament rules
Open Tanyao, Stokuze : Allowed
Double/Triple Ron : Not Allowed
No Ura dora, Red Dora, Kan dora, Kan ura-dora
Nagashi Mangan: Not Allowed
Ippatsu: Not Allowed
>> No restriction on Yakuman

Now, now, If these rules are used in all tournament in Shinohayu, this will be fun.

However, without any dora, it will lbe hard to do.
Old 2013-10-27, 20:57   Link #4133
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Yay, finally found a reader not blocked by my office's filter!

Anyway, some thoughts:

* Glad to see Shino showed SOME after-effects from her incredible 12+ kilometer run. Still surprised she didn't collapse outright.

* Saved by Hayarin's chest! Still not enough to be pillows though...

* Kanna, so deliciously tsun.

* Shino's uncle is a big idiot.

* Mahjong is so tanoshii? She's winning, but at least not traumatizing people left and right...

* Dirty male players. No wonder yuri project won't touch this... :P
Old 2013-10-27, 21:19   Link #4134
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
So, what do you guys think? Will Shino win or lose? Can Kanna or Shino destroy Hayarin smile?
I think Hayari will still win but I wouldn't be shocked if Shino somehow manages an upset. And I don't think Hayari will stop smiling
Old 2013-10-27, 22:52   Link #4135
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
* Saved by Hayarin's chest! Still not enough to be pillows though...
That's how Hayarin gets her boobs, by having lolis rub their heads on them. That's probably how she gets her quite young partner as well

Quote:
* Kanna, so deliciously tsun.
And for everything! Except winning. It's like Touka on steroids

On that note, Hayarin is looking more and more like Nodoka before Nodoka. Except I actually like her.

Quote:
* Mahjong is so tanoshii? She's winning, but at least not traumatizing people left and right...
Which is weird, considering she already has plenty of angst in her life. Maybe we need to redo our theories about mahjong powers and what fuels them...

Quote:
* Dirty male players. No wonder yuri project won't touch this... :P
They deserve a chance to shine before mass extinction hits them. Any day now...

Oh, and happy birthday to Saki-san! What could be a good present... I know! An aquarium! With lots of fishes! GIrls love fishes, right?
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 00:33   Link #4136
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Oh, and happy birthday to Saki-san! What could be a good present... I know! An aquarium! With lots of fishes! GIrls love fishes, right?
Oh oh oh! I know! A fireproof wheelchair! It seems it could be handy.

Too soon?

Also, give Shino's uncle a break. She might of been in that refrigerator! It pays to be thorough.

Last edited by The Green One; 2013-10-28 at 00:45.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 00:55   Link #4137
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Oh oh oh! I know! A fireproof wheelchair! It seems it could be handy.
Don't be silly, there's no need to fireproof a wheelchair. If it catches fire, just throw it into the nearest body of water, like a lake! It works every time
Old 2013-10-28, 06:01   Link #4138
tsunade666

Is someone scanlating the new side story? I haven't even read chapter 1 of the new side story yet and the 2nd chapter is already out, albeit I don't know if its translated or not.
Old 2013-10-28, 06:19   Link #4139
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Is someone scanlating the new side story? I haven't even read chapter 1 of the new side story yet and the 2nd chapter is already out, albeit I don't know if its translated or not.
The short answer is yes, someone is scanslating, and happily, the second chapter doesn't have the stupid Chinese names anymore.
Old 2013-10-28, 06:34   Link #4140
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
The short answer is yes, someone is scanslating, and happily, the second chapter doesn't have the stupid Chinese names anymore.
Thank god. It's just not the same as Daxing Dan (which still makes me laugh just thinking about it )

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri