AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-11, 19:49   Link #1301
blackwhite67
Banned

Thanks and I just found the spoiler. WOW. I never would have believed that Manami could be capable of something like this.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 20:27   Link #1302
Shadow5YA

I'm not sure I quite understand Manami's motivation.

I understand that Kirino may have had feelings for Kyousuke, possibly incestuous feelings. It is easy to extrapolate that from all her tsundere acts and her taste in imouto eroge. However, throughout the entire course of the series I never saw any implication that Kyousuke liked or used to like Kirino in the same way.

What exactly is Manami trying to prevent?
Spoiler for their history:
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 20:34   Link #1303
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

I understand that Kirino may have had feelings for Kyousuke, possibly incestuous feelings. It is easy to extrapolate that from all her tsundere acts and her taste in imouto eroge. However, throughout the entire course of the series I never saw any implication that Kyousuke liked or used to like Kirino in the same way.

It is obvious that you have never read the light novels then. Kyosuke does have siscon feelings for Kirino................
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 21:23   Link #1304
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:

Spoiler for Volume 11:
Old 2012-09-11, 22:28   Link #1305
Saito123

Is there a summary for volumes 6 and onwards, the search tool doesn't exist for this thread, and I don't really want to spoil anything for me, like reading, what happens in volume 8 or 9, if not, can somebody tell me a link for it?
Saito123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 23:18   Link #1306
s0beit
kiririn.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saito123 View Post
Is there a summary for volumes 6 and onwards, the search tool doesn't exist for this thread, and I don't really want to spoil anything for me, like reading, what happens in volume 8 or 9, if not, can somebody tell me a link for it?
I've only found translations up to 4.3 and summaries 8+.
s0beit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 23:27   Link #1307
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
You can find them on seanver's blog wordpress. There is summary for vol 1- vol 8 there. The rest should be on C.E translation's website. If you still can't find them, pm me.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 23:38   Link #1308
Korsar13

volume 6 in russian, (fb2)
Old 2012-09-11, 23:39   Link #1309
Saito123

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
You can find them on seanver's blog wordpress. There is summary for vol 1- vol 8 there. The rest should be on C.E translation's website. If you still can't find them, pm me.
I did end up finding summaries, but from a comment of the summary of volume 6, but sombody mentioned, that there are some mayor stuff missing, about the part of Kirinos rival coming to japan to beat her at a race, the part where kyousuke announces he’s a siscon and the part where kirino ask him to be her boyfriend?
Saito123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 00:11   Link #1310
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
I did end up finding summaries, but from a comment of the summary of volume 6, but sombody mentioned, that there are some mayor stuff missing, about the part of Kirinos rival coming to japan to beat her at a race, the part where kyousuke announces he’s a siscon and the part where kirino ask him to be her boyfriend?
Hmm...I'm not sure about that. Guess you have to wait for BT to translate them then.
Old 2012-09-12, 00:21   Link #1311
type-R!

After all the news of the new volume I rewatched some of the animated commentaries from the blu-rays, and some very interesting things were mentioned in two of them:
Spoiler for from the animated commentaries:
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 00:42   Link #1312
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Volume 11:
I never saw Kyousuke's feelings as on the same level as Kirino's. Even when he opposed their father to get his approval on Kirino's eroge or when he was missing her as she was in America, I never really felt that was incestuous. Is it not possible for him to be a doting older brother without the intimate romance?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 01:05   Link #1313
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I never saw Kyousuke's feelings as on the same level as Kirino's. Even when he opposed their father to get his approval on Kirino's eroge or when he was missing her as she was in America, I never really felt that was incestuous. Is it not possible for him to be a doting older brother without the intimate romance?
I'm not necessarily prepared to judge what's possible, but I never felt that was what they were intimating in this story based on the characterization and the way the plot was presented. The subsequent volumes of the novel add further weight to this view; there is certainly a sexual tension there that goes far beyond what you'd normally see between normal siblings. Now, whether he intends to go through with anything... who knows. If he did, there would certainly be no end to the trouble caused. But certainly Kirino is the most important woman in his life right now, and he sees her as an attractive woman as well as as his younger sister. Kirino's gotten close enough to him that she addresses him by first name, and not even "Aniki" anymore. How all this gets resolved is to be determined in the final volume, but I don't think we can really argue that "he only ever saw her as a regular little sister" in this story.
Old 2012-09-12, 01:17   Link #1314
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Nah, he got jealous when Kirino brings her fake boyfriend home . He is not just a doting older brother anymore.
Old 2012-09-12, 01:20   Link #1315
Sumeragi
Banned

I wouldn't call that jealous: It's closer to the doting onii-chan than anything else. Heck, I was probably even worse when I met my otoutos' girlfriends.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 04:08   Link #1316
Philos
Official Siscon Member

Quote:
Just like my thought. I think his feeling is only a siscon thing, not incest. And siscon doesn't have to be incest every time. It may lead to incest but is not incest. Unlike Kirino who clearly love him as a man, not her brother.
Old 2012-09-12, 09:21   Link #1317
blade82

whose the girl in your avatar Philos
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 10:24   Link #1318
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
whose the girl in your avatar Philos
That is an even younger Kirino and a very young Kyosuke.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 14:24   Link #1319
Sumeragi
Banned

A comment I received about the following post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It's not that twisted.

Spoiler for Method:

Here's a post which analyzes Manami more.
Spoiler for Comment:

Well, about that:

Spoiler for Reply:

Last edited by Sumeragi; 2012-09-12 at 15:32.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 15:28   Link #1320
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos View Post
Just like my thought. I think his feeling is only a siscon thing, not incest. And siscon doesn't have to be incest every time. It may lead to incest but is not incest. Unlike Kirino who clearly love him as a man, not her brother.
Well, are you talking about feelings, or likelihood to put those feelings into action?

The only real difference between Kirino and Kyousuke is that Kirino really only has eyes for one man: Kyousuke. Meanwhile, Kyousuke has lots of different women vying for his affection, and he's been shown to be attracted to many of them. So, no matter what less-than-pure feelings Kyousuke may harbour for Kirino, his likelihood of actually doing anything about it is automatically less. And as long as he doesn't actually do anything about it, it could be largely passed off as him just being a really severe siscon, and that they're just "really, really close siblings". (It all depends on where you draw the line. Personally, I draw the line a little further back than others do, it seems.)

The only person who would have to deal with the consequence of that is whoever Kyousuke's partner ends up being, because they'd have to understand the pedestal Kyousuke places Kirino on, and that they'd potentially always feel like they were competing with Kirino for Kyousuke's affection. We see this very thing shown in Ruri's arc, in fact. Anyone who goes out with Kyousuke has to basically understand that Kirino (and Kyousuke's affection towards her) is pretty much part of the deal; luckily both Ayase and Ruri seem to understand this.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings