AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

Old 2007-10-04, 20:26   Link #81
Shana

^ "Myself" you said?

I liked a lot first episode. Awesome. I had to re-view the first scene to get it.

Spoiler for Episode 1:

I'll be looking for episode 2.
Old 2007-10-04, 20:37   Link #82
hideFan

Good set up. I only have two complaints:

1. Too many flashbacks. I think that it should have just started flat and went on from there, having pieces of the flashback in the opening sequence come up as the characters are introduced.

2. Though it leaved me wanting to see more, the end of the first ep was a bit rushed.

Other than that I loved it.
hideFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 20:43   Link #83
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

the girl with glasses had a such annoying saiyuu voice....

great OP tho and the anime itselfs pretty good

Last edited by guiltygearxt; 2007-10-04 at 21:51.
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 21:11   Link #84
Echoes

I thought this first episode was excellent, a nice, smooth way to start things off. I get good vibes from this series, and I think I'm going to enjoy it.

I didn't really mind Aoi's voice at all.
Old 2007-10-04, 22:14   Link #85
Shadow X
Stargazing

Just watch it, the first ep is pretty decent so is the op.

And I don't seem to like Aoi saiyuu voice too... :x

Awaiting eps 2 now.
Old 2007-10-04, 23:03   Link #86
Chewy

Hahaha - explanation for Nanaka's personality change

Spoiler for for image:

Last edited by Chewy; 2007-10-04 at 23:17.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 23:14   Link #87
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Hahaha - explanation for Nanaka's personality change

Spoiler for for image:
ROFL, this made my day.

I'll accept this theory with pleasure.
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 04:45   Link #88
Nergy

Send a message via MSN to Nergy Send a message via Yahoo to Nergy
It's pretty interesting, the first episode is pretty much an intro for the characters, so I'm not gonna judge it too much. I'll give it my usual 5 episode window for it to grab me.

Though it was cool to have the voice of Chiyo-chan playing Aoi.

Someone needs to make a GIF of that part when Aoi is saying all the spoilers, her expressions were hilarious.
Nergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 06:59   Link #89
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I don't have a problem with Kaneda's voice of itself, the problem is that the voice doesn't match the character design. Generally, I think of Chiyo when I hear Kaneda's voice, and the last thing that makes sense to me is to have Chiyo's voice coming out of a girl with the rack the size of a pair of coconuts. But that isn't the only miscast in the voice acting, as far as I'm concerned. Tamura doesn't fit as Shuuri. I'm well aware it's the same voice she uses for Iori in Idolmaster, but again it's the same problem of having a familiar voice coming out of an unfamiliar character design. In most cases of seeing a familiar seiyuu do a new character, it works, since it doesn't surprise you to hear such a voice from that particular character design (as we know, people tend to associate certain pitches, accents, and ways of talking with certain sizes and shapes of people, so you don't tend to be surprised by the voice you hear when they first open their mouth in front of you), but there's something about Shuuri's particular character design that doesn't fit with Tamura's particular voice. Personally, if I were casting this, I'd have probably picked someone like Nakahara Mai for Shuuri, and perhaps someone like Shimizu Ai for Aoi (since, after all, you can't have one without the other). Oh and it seems like Tachibana's read the textbook on how to play a spineless male lead in a visual novel conversion. That's not a good sign...

As far as the anime itself was concerned... I'm not terribly impressed. Most of the premise was generic (inane lead comes home... childhood friends get excited), but even worse, the characters were also. Sana is an incredibly boring lead. Ironically, he was actually tsundere when he was younger, which made him a lot more interesting, but he's seemingly lost his personality with age (actually, that's kind of realistic when I think about it). Aoi is a moe-blob. I mean, c'mon, boobs and glasses? She's just there for fanservice. About the only thing that interested me in all of this was the SLAP at the end. It would appear that Nanaka stole Sana's tsundere personality after he left and nurtured it so that she became mega-tsun when he returned.

Anyway, I'm hoping sparks will fly. The worst direction this can go in is Nanaka constantly antagonizing Sana while he takes it spinelessly and cluelessly while he tries to figure out what he did wrong... with all the while Nanaka slowly coming to believe she's treating him to harsh, and then (even more) slowly developing feelings for him. Yawn! It'd be far more interesting if he stood up to her right away, and the two get into some sort of mutual rivalry, sort of like Muteki Kanban Musume, except without the comedy, and with romance at the end (and obviously not between two girls). That would be interesting... or a little less generic at the very least.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 07:15   Link #90
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

OoOoOoOoOo Clichéd romance to teh max? Count me in. All I can say don't fuck up the ending. At least break that one cliché and not have a fucked up ending.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 07:27   Link #91
ipernorris

I think Nanaka's reaction was quite exaggerated: I mean the guy didn't saw her since five years and people's appearance can heavily change in that time. The guy didn't recognize Nanaka, ok, but it's not like he did that on purpose to hurt her or whatever. If something like that would happen to me I would return the slap for sure: I don't know why males in anime are always so spineless!
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 07:30   Link #92
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
I just finished the first episode and I’m really excited to know why Nana-Chan is made from sana-chi !!
This is one of what I’m going to watch this fall !!
4ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 07:32   Link #93
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Good point, except that I mentioned Nougami Neuro, which would be his most recent role.
Well, it only aired this week. Toward the Terra was his last role before this new season --- but there's no point getting into it. :3

Random comment from the first episode: Aoi is hardore moe.
Old 2007-10-05, 07:34   Link #94
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I think Nanaka's reaction was quite exaggerated: I mean the guy didn't saw her since five years and people's appearance can heavily change in that time. The guy didn't recognize Nanaka, ok, but it's not like he did that on purpose to hurt her or whatever. If something like that would happen to me I would return the slap for sure: I don't know why males in anime are always so spineless!
well.. but she was his closest friend.. and since he came he was thinking of her = I thought he would knew her immediately ..
But he was like “ oh I saw you yesterday nice to met you today “ !

but it is really funny to get a slp in the first episode
4ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 07:52   Link #95
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ran View Post
well.. but she was his closest friend.. and since he came he was thinking of her = I thought he would knew her immediately ..
But he was like “ oh I saw you yesterday nice to met you today “ !

but it is really funny to get a slp in the first episode
Yes I know it's quite a bad mistake, but it's not so bad to deserve a slap, imho of course.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 07:57   Link #96
UPR

Quote:
well good thing she was not around when he recognized evry other person almost immediatly.
Old 2007-10-05, 07:58   Link #97
Nergy

Send a message via MSN to Nergy Send a message via Yahoo to Nergy
To what Sorrow-K said:

This is pretty much why i'm gonna give the series 5 episodes to develop, if it does turn out to be the cliched romance anime (spinless male lead, tacked on fan service etc) then i'll stop watching.
Nergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 08:23   Link #98
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Yes I know it's quite a bad mistake, but it's not so bad to deserve a slap, imho of course.
I can see why you'd say that he didn't deserve the slap --- though we were shown from flashbacks how close to the two were. Him not remembering her not just from school, but also at the shrine has to have hurt her deeply.
Old 2007-10-05, 08:55   Link #99
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

The slap was certainly uncalled for, especially the force she seemed to put in to it. People and appearances change, especially their age. She was being highly unreasonable there.
Old 2007-10-05, 09:03   Link #100
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I can see why you'd say that he didn't deserve the slap --- though we were shown from flashbacks how close to the two were. Him not remembering her not just from school, but also at the shrine has to have hurt her deeply.
Still the slap is wtf tbh. o_O No matter how close you where when you where kids. She should see it as a compliment that she grew up.

As for the voice of Megane-chan. While it did give a few chills down my spine I am more amazed by the fact a human could produce that kind of voice.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, dogakobo, drama, romance, school life, yeti