AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-09-07, 19:56   Link #241
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The play was even funnier than I thought it'd be. The only people who followed the script were Tohru (though she slipped up at times), Yuki and the girl playing the stepmother. The others were pretty much just being themselves, with Hanajima giving zero fucks
Props to the narrator for trying to keep the story going even when most of the cast basically gave up .
Old 2020-09-07, 20:42   Link #242
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was some play its what an actual play looks done high school students

How didnt Yuki go blind after all those flashes

Such a shame that didnt get to see dark Tooru
Old 2020-09-08, 08:05   Link #243
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Props to the narrator for trying to keep the story going even when most of the cast basically gave up .
Yeah, that guy did a good job. A lot of people would have freaked out
Old 2020-09-08, 08:21   Link #244
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Sadly, it looks like the next episode will be more Yuki.
Loop that sentence ad infinitum and you have my relationship with Furuba.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-08, 09:58   Link #245
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Reminded me of the operetta in Kurenai's episode six whose story is full of references to the actual plot.

https://vimeo.com/246930098
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-08, 10:43   Link #246
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Reminded me of the operetta in Kurenai's episode six whose story is full of references to the actual plot.

https://vimeo.com/246930098
Star Driver also used it's play in a similar manner (and I think also explained some background to the story that never came up again).
Old 2020-09-09, 02:54   Link #247
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 19:

better, and more calm than previous episode. A little more clue on the zodiac curse, so it has been round a long long, makes the members stay together, and burdens them.

this episode also reminds me that many people need a Tohru in their lives. She's one reason why I keep watching this show, even if some episodes feel like shit.

glad to see Rin eat the jello.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 01:43   Link #248
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 20:

The cat is the prince.. and that is mean looking Cinderella. lol
Looking forward to the play.

ok, now I know Kakeru and Machi family background. But meh... don't really care about this additional drama that the writer is trying to inject into the story. Pass on this one.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-14, 13:02   Link #249
Frontier

It's time for Machi to finally get the spotlight! Kakeru had his own issues with their family, but Machi being pushed to compete with him and be excellent academically and socially has left her feeling like a void with no true feelings or existence beyond what her mother (who seems completely unaware of her daughter's emotional problems and isn't even living with her) forced her to be. She doesn't think she has any opinions, likes, dislikes, or a reason for being .

But then...there's Yuki. Somewhat of a kindred spirit as someone who was lonely and, unbeknownst to Machi, also questioning their own self worth and reason to live. And it's seeing Yuki differently from others that makes Yuki interested in her and want to get to know her better, drawing up feelings in Machi that she never knew she had and making her realize that there are things in her life she cares about and she isn't some unemotional machine. That blushing, stammering, and fussing with Yuki was so cute .

I thought Tohru was less introducing herself to a future husband and more introducing herself to a future father-in-law .

Rin! And that mini-skirt, black leggings, and exposed cleavage triple threat .

Rin, just be honest with your feelings and let Tohru glomp on you. Although it was pretty funny learning she and Kyo used to compete for Kazuma's love back when they were kids .

Oh hey, it's Ritsu! Mr. "Appear in the Opening but never actually appear in the series!" I don't even remember how many episodes it's been since his last appearance. And of course he's gushing about how good Hattori looks in that outfit. I'm sure Mayu would've loved to have seen it .

Ayame really stole the show for New Years. He had practically all the other Sohma's paying attention to him. And he even made Yuki's injury into more of a spectacle with his daring rescue .

Yuki is facing his problems head on and trying to move forward, finally letting go of his anger or resentment towards Akito and others in favor of improving himself. Of course, Akito being Akito, he doesn't take Yuki's newfound character development well .

And I wonder what the significance of that Kureno flashback is? It seems like it was tied together with Yuki trying to move on from everything .

Good on Momiji getting Kureno the DVD of the play with Arisa .

I wouldn't be surprised if Haru's gone by the time Rin wakes up, but if only for a brief moment, it's great that they were able to embrace each other on New Year's .
Old 2020-09-14, 18:46   Link #250
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Machi and Yuki really are made for each other, her room is perfect for a rat to live in. Girl's got some serious issues. A simple question about which color she likes got her agonizing about the entire meaning of her life. That said, I like her.

It's great that Yuki has decided not to blame others for his problems anymore, but the thing is, Akito is in fact responsible for some of his problems and he hasn't done anything to earn his forgiveness. Apologize to Kyo instead.

We know Shigure is very shady, but man, he was super evil here.
Old 2020-09-14, 19:27   Link #251
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Apologize to Kyo instead.
You sure not the other way around?
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-14, 19:31   Link #252
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
They could both stand to be more upfront and honest with each other in my opinion.
Old 2020-09-14, 20:35   Link #253
Uribatake

Quote:
We know Shigure is very shady, but man, he was super evil here.
If you're talking about that part at the end where he says "Akito should teach them a lesson already", I think that might have been a mistranslation. In all translations of chapter 95 I've read, that line was translated as something along the lines of "Akito should just understand already".

The anime just skipped chapters 90-93, but I guess they could be easily inserted somewhere in season 3, since they're mostly about
Spoiler:

Last edited by Uribatake; 2020-09-15 at 08:22.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-14, 20:53   Link #254
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well seeing more of Machi and boy is her mom is kind of a bitch just calls her out of nowhere and barely talks to her

So Kyou spends another new years with Tooru

Akito needs to go to anger management with Kyou
Old 2020-09-14, 22:53   Link #255
Wandering Soul

While I admire Yuki's new found resolution to not blame others for his problems and try to adress his own faults and shortcomings, Akito still doesn't really deserve any forgiveness. In fact, Akito being responsible for Yuki's problems is not just an idea Yuki came up with, it's very much fact.
Old 2020-09-15, 07:07   Link #256
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
They should both apologize to each other. I'm mentioning Yuki because he's already ready to forgive and move on, but Kyo is far from there yet, so can't expect him to take the first step.
Old 2020-09-15, 08:19   Link #257
Uribatake

There's been a lot of discussion on Reddit about how they mistranslated that one Shigure line at the end. The simulcast's translator really dropped the ball on that one, and I hope Funimation will fix it for the Blu-ray.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-15, 17:06   Link #258
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
There's been a lot of discussion on Reddit about how they mistranslated that one Shigure line at the end. The simulcast's translator really dropped the ball on that one, and I hope Funimation will fix it for the Blu-ray.
Unfortunately not the first instance of this with the subs .

I guess I could see that as another valid reason for preferring the dub (even though the Japanese VA's are so top-tier and on their game here).
Old 2020-09-17, 03:24   Link #259
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Something doesn't look right.

*pulls out the manga

Yeah, they skipped a good amount of vol.16, thus made some character transition not very comfortable.
I see they are going to either shuffle the order of events or begin cramming stuff.
Hopefully things won't start getting worse.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-17, 03:27   Link #260
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

They’re basically compacting everything that’s not Yuki-centric. It’s the mangaka’s revenge.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote